Cargill

Relevance Date Difficulty

IT Manager Interview

IT Manager
Minneapolis, MN

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Cargill in October 2009.

Interview Details – HR will scan resumes and look for key words. Job titles can be confusing & misleading. A "Strategic Partner" is a much higher job than a "Global Function Leader". It's always best to have an internal referral point you to the correct job to consider. HR is very unorganized and slow.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time.... (all behavior based questions) If you get beyond behavior questions you're doing great. Otherwise, just checkin the boxes....   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Offered a salary and that was it.

IT Manager Interview

IT Manager

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Cargill in October 2009.

Interview Details – I met with a group of hiring managers, they described the role they were looking for, and then basically asked me if I had questions. Some of the hiring managers had worked with me on past projects at Cargill, so they offered me the job on the spot and were really trying to recruit me to move to their team.

Interview Question – Are you ok with ambiguity?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I declined the offer because they re-banded the salary grade for the position after the interview.

Worked for Cargill? Contribute to the Community!