Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
Interviews for Top Jobs at Cargill
- Quality Management Chemist (8)
- Business Analyst (6)
- Intern (6)
- Production Supervisor (5)
- Process Engineer (4)
- Accountant (4)
- Analyst (3)
- IT Intern (3)
- IT Manager (3)
- Quality Management Specialist (3)
- Engineering (3)
- Research Assistant (3)
- Production Management Engineer (3)
- Commercial Management Trainee (3)
- Trainee (2)
- Research (2)
- Production Manager (2)
- Plant Manager Associate (2)
- Commercial Trainee (2)
- Commodity Merchant (2)
- Data Analyst (2)
- Data Entry Specialist (2)
- Operations Intern (2)
- Operations Manager (2)
- Electrician (2)
- Commodity Trader (2)
- Quality Assurance Specialist (2)
- Human Resources (2)
- Senior IT Analyst (2)
- Senior IT Technical Analyst (2)
IT Manager Interview
I applied online – interviewed at Cargill.
Very slow interview process and status/follow up may not be provided. Seemed to be an environment in which it was like an extraordinary kind of sitatuation to be having an interview with the company, the company didn't seem progressive at all but instead slow and homogenous and more than okay with it
- Tell me about a time when you failed at something and what you did to overcome it. Answer Question
Other Interview Reviews for Cargill
IT Manager InterviewAccepted OfferPositive ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks – interviewed at Cargill (Minneapolis, MN) in October 2009.
HR will scan resumes and look for key words. Job titles can be confusing & misleading. A "Strategic Partner" is a much higher job than a "Global Function Leader". It's always best to have an internal referral point you to the correct job to consider. HR is very unorganized and slow.
- Tell me about a time.... (all behavior based questions) If you get beyond behavior questions you're doing great. Otherwise, just checkin the boxes.... Answer Question
Offered a salary and that was it.
IT Manager InterviewDeclined OfferPositive ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied online. The process took 1 day – interviewed at Cargill in October 2009.
I met with a group of hiring managers, they described the role they were looking for, and then basically asked me if I had questions. Some of the hiring managers had worked with me on past projects at Cargill, so they offered me the job on the spot and were really trying to recruit me to move to their team.
- Are you ok with ambiguity? Answer Question
Reasons for Declining
I declined the offer because they re-banded the salary grade for the position after the interview.