Cargill Interview Questions

Updated Jul 23, 2015

Application

I applied through other source – interviewed at Cargill.

Interview

The interviewer was rude and clearly was not looking to hire anyone. I was interested in the Cargill locations, but they were not willing to give very much information. I am a very qualified candidate who had 6 offers for engineering roles when I graduated college, and this was a terrible experience. Wasted my time. I called and told them I was not interested that night.

Interview Questions

• Why did you decide not to work at your previous internship locations?   Answer Question

Plant Manager Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Cargill (Oklahoma City, OK) in June 2015.

Interview

Very good interview. Not your typical interview (as the interviewers stayed up front). Basically just got a feel of my personality and how I deal with people and teams flowed by a plant tour. Very friendly people and good experience.

Interview Questions

• How do you manage people with different levels of competency (paraphrase).   1 Answer

Production Interview

Interview

Two phones screens then a face to face interview. Asked general interview questions . There is no right or wrong answer. Questions are test your response to certain situations. Asked questions related to job duties during the interview. Asked few technical questions about machinery and operation conditions.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where you had a conflict at work.   1 Answer

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Cargill.

Interview

I applied online, after 2+ months someone contacted me for a phone interview 2 weeks out. The phone interview was great - the women was really nice and it was mainly going over my resume and any questions I had. It wasn't hard at all and I hung up thinking it went really well based on her response that "it was really great talking with me and she would be in touch by the end of the week if not sooner for sure". Three weeks later (even after calling myself to get an update) I finally got the auto generated thanks, but no thanks email. I was really disappointed based on how well our conversation went, how many people I knew at the company and how she said my background fit really well for the position...still not sure what to think about it all.

Interview Questions

• Since this was a phone interview she was mainly trying to get a feel for my background and why I wanted to work for Cargill.   Answer Question

Accountant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Cargill.

Interview

I was interviewed on campus for a internship in the fall of my junior year of college. The internship was 3 months during the summer between my junior and senior years. Towards the end of the internship they notify all the interns if they want them back for a full time job. You don't actually get placed within a business unit until the spring of your senior year, but they guarantee you a job. There was no interview once I was placed so the only real interview I had was the on-campus one for an internship, although of course the internship is a extended interview for a full time position.

Research Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Cargill.

Interview

Phone interview was the first screening method. Asked general and specific questions such as why are you interested in this position. The next few steps of the process is to do a second interview in which they would fly you in on site and speak with the hiring manager directly.

Interview Questions

• Experience with tissue culture and how did you troubleshoot a problem you experienced with tissue culture.   Answer Question

Data Entry Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Albany, NY

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a weekinterviewed at Cargill (Albany, NY) in April 2015.

Interview

I was interviewed by Kelly Mitchell Group. I was sent an e-mail about a job opportunity. I called and had a phone interview. And in 1-2 weeks I heard I was selected for the position.

Interview Questions

• Are you ok doing repetitive tasks? Have you done data entry type work?   Answer Question

Quality Management Chemist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Omaha, NE

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Cargill (Omaha, NE) in April 2015.

Interview

Spoke with a recruiter at a university career fair, and had an on-campus interview the following week. I was then notified that a dozen candidates would be brought to Omaha for a second round of interviews. This first day involved a tour of the plant, a Q&A session with current employees, and dinner with the other candidates and hiring managers. This was all very casual with continual opportunity to ask questions about the position/company. The second day started very early with a short benefits presentation followed by two 1 hour interviews. Mainly behavioral-based questions with a few concept questions specific to your major; nothing was too daunting, and the interviewers were all friendly. Received a phone call three days later from HR, stating that they wished to extend an offer. Because of shuffling between the multiple plants, a salary and location could not be provided at that time. Cargill was very understanding of my situation, and encouraged me to continue talking with other companies while they sorted things out on their end. I notified HR when I received an offer from another company (appx. two weeks after the Omaha trip), and received a call two days later with salary and location information.

Interview Questions

• If salt is mixed with water, does it cause the melting point increase or decrease and why?   Answer Question

Production Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Cargill (Dallas, TX) in March 2015.

Interview

The interview process was very enjoyable. The interviewer was nice and easy to have a discussion with about my qualifications and the jobs requirements. The interview process was more of a get to know the candidate type of interview. It was laid back for the most part and seemed like just another conversation but I had to remember that this was an interview.

Interview Questions

• Q: What do you bring to the table that will better Cargill?   Answer Question

Accounting Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Cargill (Memphis, TN) in March 2015.

Interview

Met with HR rep, then immediate hiring manager, then department head. Very professional atmosphere and very polite and informative. Helped ease the interview tension. All three people began with describing their specifics roles within the company and went into great detail about the requirements for the job.

Interview Questions

• What would you bring to the table that other applicants wouldn't   Answer Question