Cargill

Relevance Date Difficulty

Very Easy Interview

Intern Interview

Intern

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Cargill.

Interview Details – You are recruited. It definately pays to know someone in Recruitment and/or a Hiring Manager. This a private company and if you don't know anyone work on getting an internship or get on linkedin see what you may have in common with somene professionaly like creditianals or organization wise.

Interview Question – How do you deal with difficult people?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – It was an internship.

Commodity Trader Interview

Commodity Trader
Minneapolis, MN

I applied through an employee referral and interviewed at Cargill.

Interview Details – Talent management group were not official employees of Cargill, which seemed rather odd to have contract employees doing this function but nevertheless interviews eventually brought direct communication with real employees. Questions focused a lot on cultural fit, especially team compatibility, and then separately individual strengths. They clearly focused also on prior salary levels and had some rather strict rules to keep job offers within a tight range around the prior salaries.

Interview Question – Asking how I would deal with managers who were quite hands-on to the point of micromanagement of the responsibilities in the job I was applying for.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – there was nearly zero negotiation possible.

Electrician Interview

Electrician

I applied online and interviewed at Cargill.

Interview Details – Got a call to interview. Went in and spoke to the electrical supervisor and head of maintenance. Was asked some basic electrical questions and my troubleshooting experiences. Head of maintenance hand drew a schematic and asked questions about it.

Very Easy Interview

Accountant Interview

Accountant
Hopkins, MN

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took a day - interviewed at Cargill.

Interview Details – Questions asked by management were not tricky or hard. They were very easy and anyone who could graduate from high school would be able to answer them with success.

Interview Question – None like I said above nothing difficult about questions.   Answer Question

Service & Purchasing, Senior Analyst Interview

Service & Purchasing, Senior Analyst
Hopkins, MN

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Cargill in June 2012.

Interview Details – Extensive, detailed, structured. Had 5 intervidews, 2 were with HR. The other 3 all used the same interview form which held various groups of questions. Some were asked in more than one interview and others were new each time.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time when you had a disagreement with a manager or co-worker and how it was resolved.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Short, received all I asked for on first round.

Senior Scientist Interview

Senior Scientist

I applied online and the process took 2+ months - interviewed at Cargill in March 2014.

Interview Details – I applied on their website for a job they had posted online. It took about 2 months to hear back from them. After they contacted me, the process moved very quickly. I had a phone interview with the recruiter followed by a technical phone interview with the hiring manager a sew days later. They immediately set up on on-site interview which was about 4 hours long. Everyone was very kind and helpful through the whole thing. It was fairly laid back while also being professional. I received an offer the next week.

Interview Question – Do you think honesty is important? Why or why not?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They offered me more than I had listed for my salary requirements and the benefits, paid time off, etc. were all very generous, so I did not negotiate.

Senior IT Technical Analyst Interview

Senior IT Technical Analyst
Hopkins, MN

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Cargill in January 2013.

Interview Details – I applied online on a Tuesday and was contacted next day for an interview on Thursday. I was presented with an offer by end of day the following Monday.

Interview Question – There were some difficult technical questions related to my field   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – The negotiation phase was easy for me, they made a fair initial offer, I asked for additional paid vacation and they accepted.

Research Assistant Interview

Research Assistant

I applied online and interviewed at Cargill.

Interview Details – Phone interview-talked with HR and two scientists.

Interview Question – Explain to a non-scientist the important of a plant.   Answer Question

Quality Management Chemist Interview

Quality Management Chemist
Cedar Rapids, IA

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Cargill in November 2013.

Interview Details – I first met the interview team at a campus recruiting event. After a few weeks I was invited to Iowa for a plant tour with other candidates from the Midwest. It was a two day event with a plant tour and a dinner for the first night and a two part interview on the second day. It was a very insightful opportunity to learn more about the operations and job function in the corn milling operations.

Interview Questions

Global IT Interview

Global IT

I applied through other source and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Cargill in May 2010.

Interview Details – Pretty detailed and intensive interview process. Starting with local recruiters you will go through a series of interviews depending on job type

Interview Question – Be ready to give plenty of examples of job related projects. They will ask you behavioral questions such as "give me an example when you had to sell an unpopular idea to management"   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Pretty flexible, willing to meet you half way

Worked for Cargill? Contribute to the Community!