Cargill Interview Questions

Updated Aug 31, 2015

Lab Chemist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Cargill (Chicago, IL) in August 2015.

Interview

The process took 1 month+. I applied on July 3rd and got an email July 16th requesting a phone interview. I had the phone interview July 17th, and on July 27th i got an email stating that i should go for an in site interview on August 3rd. After the interview, I was offered the position August 12th :)

Interview Questions

• It was 100% behavioral questions. Each interviewer's question was the same, and they were reading it from a sheet of paper. There were about 6 questions in all, but here are the ones which i felt were difficult. What advice will you have for the management of your previous job? Tell me about a time when lack of accountability prevented the completion of a task? What did you do?   1 Answer

Entry Level Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Cargill.

Interview

The interviewer was rude and clearly was not looking to hire anyone. I was interested in the Cargill locations, but they were not willing to give very much information. I am a very qualified candidate who had 6 offers for engineering roles when I graduated college, and this was a terrible experience. Wasted my time. I called and told them I was not interested that night.

Interview Questions

• Why did you decide not to work at your previous internship locations?   Answer Question

Plant Manager Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Cargill (Oklahoma City, OK) in June 2015.

Interview

Very good interview. Not your typical interview (as the interviewers stayed up front). Basically just got a feel of my personality and how I deal with people and teams flowed by a plant tour. Very friendly people and good experience.

Interview Questions

• How do you manage people with different levels of competency (paraphrase).   1 Answer

Production Interview

Interview

Two phones screens then a face to face interview. Asked general interview questions . There is no right or wrong answer. Questions are test your response to certain situations. Asked questions related to job duties during the interview. Asked few technical questions about machinery and operation conditions.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where you had a conflict at work.   1 Answer

EHS Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irving, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Cargill (Irving, TX) in May 2015.

Interview

Whole day, it's ok. Got a tour of the plant. Interview was in the afternoon. General questions and it's a group interview. Applied online, passed the phone interview then had a onsite one.

Interview Questions

• General questions, like why you,any suggestions based on the tour   Answer Question

Quality Assurance Specialist Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Cargill.

Interview

I applied online, after 2+ months someone contacted me for a phone interview 2 weeks out. The phone interview was great - the women was really nice and it was mainly going over my resume and any questions I had. It wasn't hard at all and I hung up thinking it went really well based on her response that "it was really great talking with me and she would be in touch by the end of the week if not sooner for sure". Three weeks later (even after calling myself to get an update) I finally got the auto generated thanks, but no thanks email. I was really disappointed based on how well our conversation went, how many people I knew at the company and how she said my background fit really well for the position...still not sure what to think about it all.

Interview Questions

• Since this was a phone interview she was mainly trying to get a feel for my background and why I wanted to work for Cargill.   Answer Question

Research Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cargill.

Interview

Phone interview was the first screening method. Asked general and specific questions such as why are you interested in this position. The next few steps of the process is to do a second interview in which they would fly you in on site and speak with the hiring manager directly.

Interview Questions

• Experience with tissue culture and how did you troubleshoot a problem you experienced with tissue culture.   Answer Question

Accountant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cargill.

Interview

I was interviewed on campus for a internship in the fall of my junior year of college. The internship was 3 months during the summer between my junior and senior years. Towards the end of the internship they notify all the interns if they want them back for a full time job. You don't actually get placed within a business unit until the spring of your senior year, but they guarantee you a job. There was no interview once I was placed so the only real interview I had was the on-campus one for an internship, although of course the internship is a extended interview for a full time position.

Data Entry Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Albany, NY

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at Cargill (Albany, NY) in April 2015.

Interview

I was interviewed by Kelly Mitchell Group. I was sent an e-mail about a job opportunity. I called and had a phone interview. And in 1-2 weeks I heard I was selected for the position.

Interview Questions

• Are you ok doing repetitive tasks? Have you done data entry type work?   Answer Question

Tax Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cargill (Minneapolis, MN) in April 2015.

Interview

Long one day interview and they were most interested in asking tax technical questions than anything else. Unfortunately, as it turns out, I had the flu (102 degree temp) by the time I returned home so I'm sure I didn't make a very good impression. Everyone was very nice that I talked with - but was a unique process with the technical questions (which can be easily learned) and very little about "soft skills" (which generally aren't as easily acquired but can greatly influence job performance and fit within a work group).

Interview Questions

• To give a detailed description of a certain section of the tax code.   1 Answer