Cargill Interview Questions

Updated Apr 11, 2015

Accountant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Cargill.

Interview

I was interviewed on campus for a internship in the fall of my junior year of college. The internship was 3 months during the summer between my junior and senior years. Towards the end of the internship they notify all the interns if they want them back for a full time job. You don't actually get placed within a business unit until the spring of your senior year, but they guarantee you a job. There was no interview once I was placed so the only real interview I had was the on-campus one for an internship, although of course the internship is a extended interview for a full time position.

Research Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Cargill.

Interview

Phone interview was the first screening method. Asked general and specific questions such as why are you interested in this position. The next few steps of the process is to do a second interview in which they would fly you in on site and speak with the hiring manager directly.

Interview Questions

• Experience with tissue culture and how did you troubleshoot a problem you experienced with tissue culture.   Answer Question

Accounting Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Cargill (Memphis, TN) in March 2015.

Interview

Met with HR rep, then immediate hiring manager, then department head. Very professional atmosphere and very polite and informative. Helped ease the interview tension. All three people began with describing their specifics roles within the company and went into great detail about the requirements for the job.

Interview Questions

• What would you bring to the table that other applicants wouldn't   Answer Question

Production Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Cargill (Dallas, TX) in March 2015.

Interview

The interview process was very enjoyable. The interviewer was nice and easy to have a discussion with about my qualifications and the jobs requirements. The interview process was more of a get to know the candidate type of interview. It was laid back for the most part and seemed like just another conversation but I had to remember that this was an interview.

Interview Questions

• Q: What do you bring to the table that will better Cargill?   Answer Question

Senior Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Cargill.

Interview

The interview started with a lunch and a large group of people from different roles. Next there was an hour long behavioral interview session asking the standard questions. Last was a case study where I had to act as project manager on an upcoming project and go through how I would approach the problem and what the major constraints would be.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had a conflict with a co-worker or classmate.   Answer Question

Feed Store Sales Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Cargill.

Interview

Took a couple weeks to get contacted for a phone interview.

Phone interview was simple, basic interview questions. When I finished with the initial interview, I had high hopes, but never received a call back or any type of notification from Cargill.

Strategic Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied through other source – interviewed at Cargill.

Interview

panel interviews, sometimes with two or three panels. If prepared, interview process could be good, however, interviewers were not always relevant to the position (not the hiring manager or area of company) Not full understanding by interviewers of role.

Negotiation

good

Interview

Culture was great and there were 3 rounds of interviews with 2 people each time. General behavioral type questions. There was a plant tour and then a powerpoint and then the interviews. There are waiting periods in between interviews where you get to talk to other "stockholders" to ask questions.

Contract Desk Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Cargill.

Interview

Fairly easy; speaking Spanish is a must. I had several rounds with HR and the hiring manager. One of the interviews was in Spanish the entire time. The company is very fair and has very good benefits. They do provide employees with a good work life balance and they seem like they care. It's definitely a great company to work for!!

Interview Questions

• It was pretty run of the mill though it took a few rounds   Answer Question

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Cargill in January 2015.

Interview

I applied through my school career fair and was offered an interview the very next morning. I actually did not hear back from them for a while. I got an email a few weeks later, I received an email saying that the plant that I applied for is full, but my application is still being considered if they could find an opening. Having been interviewed so many times and been told the same thing, I did not have any hope that was going to happen. As I was about to cross Cargill off my calendar. However, 2 weeks later, a recruiter from another plant emailed me and said they want me to come to the plant for a 2nd interview. I was so excited and they even paid for all my traveling expenses.

The 2nd interview was fairly long. I got there at 8:30AM. They gave me a short plant tour (around an hour). There were 5 people interviewed me (an hour each person), ranging from superintendent to HR manager and QA manager. I left the plant at 3:00PM.

Interview Questions

• Fairly typical interview questions. Like just look up 50 most asked questions and probably half of the questions are on there. The most frequent question was why do you want to work for Cargill, so make sure you know why.   1 Answer

Negotiation

The salary was fixed, no negotiation here