Cargill

Very Difficult Interview

Sales Representative Interview

Sales Representative
Ferndale, WA

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Cargill in January 2009.

Interview Details – Very odd interview questions that I felt were much too personal and had nothing to do with the position itself.

Interview Question – All o them were strange.   View Answer

Senior IT Technical Analyst Interview

Senior IT Technical Analyst
Minneapolis, MN

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Cargill in September 2009.

Interview Details – Recruiting office called within the day of submitting my resume. They wanted a phone screen interview. I interviewed with two managers, for 40 minutes. It was mostly technical. They initially wanted someone one with a little more experience in in one of the many aps. they needed, but do to people shedding and quitting this department, they did a 180 and interviewed me in person the following week. I was told I had the job, but needed to start asap.

Interview Question – There wasn't any real hard questions. It was based on the job description and very technical.   View Answer

Reason for Declining – I needed to give a two week notice to my current employment, out of just professional courtesy.

Senior IT Analyst Interview

Senior IT Analyst

I applied online and the process took 4 months - interviewed at Cargill.

Interview Details – Initial standard HR phone interview was followed by a phone interview with the hiring manager. This was about 30 minutes long, not specifically technical, more general ideas and the like. More of a sales pitch by the HM. Then came the face to face panel interview which was about 60 minutes of standard scripted HR questions followed by about 30 minutes of very technical questions.

I submitted my application in October and didn't get an offer until either Feb or March. Took an incredibly long time. The initial 2 interviews came pretty quickly after application, but the panel interivew was at least a month later, and then the WAIT. I was told to expect an offer, but the offer took probably 2 months in coming. Lots of red tape in such a huge organization. Worth the wait though. Cargill is a great place to work.

Interview Question – An optimist calls the glass half full, a pessimest says it's half empty. What does an engineer call it?   View Answers (2)

Negotiation Details – The offer was generous, I didn't negotiate.

Customer Service Interview

Customer Service
Wayzata, MN

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Cargill in March 2010.

Interview Details – After applying I was contacted and set up for a phone interview. The phone interview went well an I then had a first set of interviews. Those interviews went well and I later had a second set of interviews. I interviewed with around six different individuals and had the opportunity to learn more about the position and what would be epected of me in the position. Everyone I spoke with were friendly and professional and took the time to learn more about me and to answer any questions I had for them. There were some personal questions, but mainly situational/personality type questions.

Even though I didn't get the job, I was very impresssed with the company and I know that I will definitely apply again if I find another position there that I qualify for.

Interview Question – I had more difficulty with questions involving how I resolved major conflicts at work.   View Answer

Operations Manager Interview

Operations Manager
Calgary, AB (Canada)

I applied online - interviewed at Cargill in February 2014.

Interview Details – email questions, then 45 minute phone interview, followed by a 2 hour 6 person panel interview. Applied in November, didn't hear until january, then the 3 rounds of interviews took around a month to complete.

Interview Question – How do you build trust.   Answer Question

Accounting Technician Interview

Accounting Technician
Winnipeg, MB (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Cargill in December 2008.

Interview Details – It was a somewhat long process, 3 interviews in total, and a background check.

Interview Question – Tell me a time you solved a difficult situation, etc. Behavioural based questions.   Answer Question

IT Consultant Interview

IT Consultant

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Cargill in July 2011.

Interview Details – Two personal interviews to discuss my current position and what I'm expecting from the job posting I'm appliying for.

Distribution Interview

Distribution

I applied in-person and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Cargill in July 2009.

Interview Details – Phone Interview for compatibility and skill confirmation
Face-To-Face Interviews with 2 Manager-level employees you would be working with.
Phone Interview with Senior Manager in Minnesota

Interview Question – Name Local Transportation Firms you feel have the best service quality?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Straight Forward
Predetermined Range Set for position with a wide margin, depending upon experience level.

Operations Interview

Operations
Minneapolis, MN

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Cargill in March 2011.

Interview Details – Process started with a call from HR, followed by a phone interview that lasted about 45 minutes. A week later I got another phone call from HR telling me the phone interview went well. Two weeks later I was sent to the Cargill HQ in Minneapolis, MN. There was a brief company orientation, and HR gave all of the candidates their itinerary for the day which consisted of 3 seperate interviews with the leadership team. Each interview was about 45 minutes or so. Upon leaving we were given a bag with the company magazine, benefit highlights, and other documents further explaining some of the Cargill BU's. One week later I got an offer contingent on completion of a background check, drug screen, and visit to the facility. I start in May.

Overall, the interview process was smooth, and professional. Excited to get started!

Interview Questions

• Why you?   View Answer
  • Tell me about a time when you had to deal with a bad situation at work, and how you handled the situation?   View Answer

Analyst Interview

Analyst

Interviewed at Cargill

Interview Details – I applied for the position online and received a phone call from the hiring manager 3/4 weeks after submitting my application. I had two phone interviews, approx. 1 hour each, before being invited to interview in Minnesota. Interview consisted of meeting with 4 analysts and the group manager. Most questions were centered around technical skills along with some behavioral questions.

Interview Question – How would somebody you don't get along with describe you?   Answer Question

Worked for Cargill? Contribute to the Community!