Cargill

Updated Dec 17, 2014

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ferndale, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ferndale, WA

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Cargill in January 2009.

Very odd interview questions that I felt were much too personal and had nothing to do with the position itself.

Strategic Sourcing Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Cargill in October 2014.

I applied at college. They give me the interview in the next day. I went to the interview and they did not continue the interview process because I require the sponsorship. They should let me know before I go to the interview. This experience is horrible. No respect at all. They just let me go when they know I don't have so called "green card" or "permanent work authorization". I totally understand that their HR does not want to invest any resources or time on foreigners, even talented foreigners.

Quality Management Chemist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dayton, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dayton, OH

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Cargill in October 2011.

I applied for the position in fall of my senior year of college after speaking with a recruiter at a job fair. I had an hour long onsite interview with two representatives from the quality department that was almost entirely behavioral based questions. I then was asked to attend an onsite interview event. The event was held in October at a hotel local to a plant and spanned 2 days. At this event, there were at least two dozen other candidates. We networked with several Cargill employees over meals, information sessions, and a tour of the site. There were two hour-long interviews with Cargill employees at the end of the event. A few weeks later, I received an offer but was not given a location. I provided my top three choices and had to accept the position on good faith. For university recruiting for this position, in my case, at least, you are not told which plant you will work at until the spring. I found out in March where I would be moving that May to begin working. The drug test could not be administered until after the location was given, so this came ~four months after the job was accepted.

Interview Questions
    • This is a technical question asked of food science students: Tell me about the most technical or complex piece of equipment you have used and how you would operate it.   View Answer

Service & Purchasing, Senior Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hopkins, MN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hopkins, MN

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Cargill in June 2012.

Extensive, detailed, structured. Had 5 intervidews, 2 were with HR. The other 3 all used the same interview form which held various groups of questions. Some were asked in more than one interview and others were new each time.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you had a disagreement with a manager or co-worker and how it was resolved.   Answer Question
    Short, received all I asked for on first round.

Commodity Merchant Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Cargill.

Received an initial phone interview that lasted 45 minutes, general questions regarding prior work experience, some scenarios, and questions about personality. Had an on site interview that lasted almost 2 hours with 4 different people. Same general questions as phone interview plus questions that the interviewers were given to ask - like a script. Followed up the on site interview with a 4 hour job shadow.

Interview Questions
    • Explain to me your most difficult work situation, the negative criticism you received, and how you reacted.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Cargill.

Recruiters on campus and interviews also conducted on campus. Less than a week process for the interview portion and heard offer information in less than 2 weeks. Very willing to answer questions and offer plenty of opportunities to learn more about the company before applying.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you had to work with a difficult teammate and how you overcame that.   View Answer
    No option to negotiate

Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Cargill.

Applied online through university career website, contacted me within a week and set up an interview on campus. The interview was set up as panel but it resulted in one person talking while the other two employees sat there and looked at me. It was uncomfortable to say the least.

Internship Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Cargill.

Recruiters were looking for interns for the summer internship. Selected only 10 students for the intership, while only 3 were selected for the positions. Interview is very behavioral and less technical.

Interview Questions
    • Is there anything else that you want us to know about you?   Answer Question

Production Management Engineer Interview

On Campus Interview. Then accepted candidates were flown to headquarters in Minneapolis to be interviewed 1 on 1 by 3-4 interviewers 30-45 each. Interviewers vary between Business Units and are usually Leaders of Operations (ie, VP of Operations, Regional Managers, Etc.)

Interview Questions
    • Formulated Behavior Based Questions looking for Solid Previous Experiences/Examples. Interviews do request a copy of your transcript and resume for they did ask questions based on the information on it.   Answer Question
    Very little negotiation.

Strategy & Business Development Associate (Summer Intern) Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Cargill in March 2013.

I received an invitation to the first round interview by email 3 weeks after applying. First round interviewers were both project team leaders at SBD, second round interviewers senior leaders. No invitation to second round as yet. The first round interview was structured around fit questions and a business case. The interviewer was very kind. Fit questions were not difficult (for example, why Cargill, how do you lead a team, tell me about a time when your performance in a team did not meet expectations...).

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult part of the interview was the business case   Answer Question