Cargill

Getting the Interview

144 candidate interviews

Process Engineer Interview

Interviewed at Cargill

Interview Details – Are you eligible to work in United States?

Interview Question – Are you eligible to work in United States?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Intern

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Cargill.

Interview Details – Had an on-campus interview. Did not get offered an internship.

Interview Question – What is a pH?
What is the difference between organic and inorganic?
  Answer Question

Production Associate Interview

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Cargill.

Interview Details – Submitted my resume at a career fair, and got an on campus interview. I was later contacted about a second interview. The second interview was in Wayzata, MN, and consisted of three 45 minute interviews with three different managers. All behavioral based questions.

Interview Question – Name a time when you worked in a group with someone who wasn't doing their job. How did you deal with the situation?   Answer Question

Regulatory Intern Interview

Interviewed at Cargill

Interview Details – I applied online to another position, but was contacted by a recruiter for this position. (They were contacting all previous applicants who met the basic requirements.) We set up a phone interview. The first half of the interview was mainly going over my resume and lots of behavioral questions. The remaining half was reserved for questions that I had.

Interview Question – Describe a time when you had an idea and everyone was against it.   Answer Question

Production Supervisor Interview

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Cargill.

Interview Details – Went on campus recruiting. They picked my resume and went from there

Interview Question – Give me a time when you had to convince other   Answer Question

Operations Intern Interview

Interviewed at Cargill

Interview Details – From the Career fair they called me and invited me to interview. I went and it was completely behavioral based, and many of the questions were essentially repeated with a little bit different twist so it was hard not to repeat experiences.

Interview Question – Name a time you experienced a challenge while working in a group, what happened, and how did you manage to overcome it?   Answer Question

Quality Management Chemist Interview

Interviewed at Cargill

Interview Details – 1 half hour phone interview with HR and a 4 hour on-site interview with plant/lab tour and lunch. Interviewers were extremely friendly and the experience was pleasant and relaxed. HR called back 2.5 weeks later with an offer. The entire process took about 2 months.

Interview Question – How do you stay up to date with current scientific literature/literature related to your field?   Answer Question

Senior IT Analyst Interview

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Cargill.

Interview Details – phone screen, website application, 3 interviews

Interview Question – most interview questions are straightforward.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – straight forward, limited options

Mechenic Interview

Vernon, CA

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took a day - interviewed at Cargill in July 2010.

Interview Details – Started as a volt temp at vernon ca. was asked to stay on after 1 year , interview was informal lasting less than 5 minutes, was laid off with about 80 others because of the pink slime scare and D S O N A and meat soloutions had wanted to break up vernon but haddent because it was so profitable the pink slime gave the excuse to close down the meat soloutions side of the plant.

Interview Question – why did i want to work at cargill? because i needed a job   Answer Question

Process Engineer Interview

Process Engineer

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Cargill.

Interview Details – They really like to know that you can work hard. I was told afterward that I was hired over someone else because I had worked on a farm and this showed that I knew how to work hard. You go to corporate to interview for your first full time position with them.

Interview Question – Describe how Cargill impacts your daily life.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I did not negotiate, it was an internship

Interviews for Top Jobs at Cargill

Worked for Cargill? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Cargill interview questions and advice. All 144 interview reviews posted anonymously by Cargill employees and interview candidates.