Cargill Interview Questions & Reviews

160 interviews

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Madison, WI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Cargill.

Recruiters on campus and interviews also conducted on campus. Less than a week process for the interview portion and heard offer information in less than 2 weeks. Very willing to answer questions and offer plenty of opportunities to learn more about the company before applying.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you had to work with a difficult teammate and how you overcame that.   Answer Question
    No option to negotiate

Accounting Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Cargill in May 2013.

I applied online but had a friend who had worked there recommended me to the immediate hiring manager. The interview questions were fairly easy. They focused a lot on behavior questions: what if, tell me a time when. Team work seemed to be a big factor. Be ready to answer your personal achievements as well.
     They did not specify the time they needed me to start working so I told them I could start on September when I got back to school (the interview took place in May). They did call me back but by that time I got another internship and declined the offer.

Another job offer

Commodity Merchant Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Cargill.

Received an initial phone interview that lasted 45 minutes, general questions regarding prior work experience, some scenarios, and questions about personality. Had an on site interview that lasted almost 2 hours with 4 different people. Same general questions as phone interview plus questions that the interviewers were given to ask - like a script. Followed up the on site interview with a 4 hour job shadow.

Interview Questions
    • Explain to me your most difficult work situation, the negative criticism you received, and how you reacted.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Cargill.

You are recruited. It definately pays to know someone in Recruitment and/or a Hiring Manager. This a private company and if you don't know anyone work on getting an internship or get on linkedin see what you may have in common with somene professionaly like creditianals or organization wise.

It was an internship.

Commodity Trader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Minneapolis, MN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

I interviewed through an employee referral - interviewed at Cargill.

Talent management group were not official employees of Cargill, which seemed rather odd to have contract employees doing this function but nevertheless interviews eventually brought direct communication with real employees. Questions focused a lot on cultural fit, especially team compatibility, and then separately individual strengths. They clearly focused also on prior salary levels and had some rather strict rules to keep job offers within a tight range around the prior salaries.

Interview Questions
    • Asking how I would deal with managers who were quite hands-on to the point of micromanagement of the responsibilities in the job I was applying for.   View Answer
    there was nearly zero negotiation possible.

Electrician Interview

I interviewed online - interviewed at Cargill.

Got a call to interview. Went in and spoke to the electrical supervisor and head of maintenance. Was asked some basic electrical questions and my troubleshooting experiences. Head of maintenance hand drew a schematic and asked questions about it.

Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Hopkins, MN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hopkins, MN

I interviewed through a staffing agency. The process took a day - interviewed at Cargill.

Questions asked by management were not tricky or hard. They were very easy and anyone who could graduate from high school would be able to answer them with success.

Interview Questions
    • None like I said above nothing difficult about questions.   Answer Question

Service & Purchasing, Senior Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Hopkins, MN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hopkins, MN

I interviewed through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Cargill in June 2012.

Extensive, detailed, structured. Had 5 intervidews, 2 were with HR. The other 3 all used the same interview form which held various groups of questions. Some were asked in more than one interview and others were new each time.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you had a disagreement with a manager or co-worker and how it was resolved.   Answer Question
    Short, received all I asked for on first round.

Senior Scientist Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 2+ months - interviewed at Cargill in March 2014.

I applied on their website for a job they had posted online. It took about 2 months to hear back from them. After they contacted me, the process moved very quickly. I had a phone interview with the recruiter followed by a technical phone interview with the hiring manager a sew days later. They immediately set up on on-site interview which was about 4 hours long. Everyone was very kind and helpful through the whole thing. It was fairly laid back while also being professional. I received an offer the next week.

Interview Questions
    They offered me more than I had listed for my salary requirements and the benefits, paid time off, etc. were all very generous, so I did not negotiate.

Financial Management Trainee Interview

I applied through an HR agency. The first step was a GMAT style testing. Upon the successful completion of this stage, I participated in an assessment center, along with 9 other candidates. The next step was an interview with the Finance controller and one of the top managers of the company. I stopped at this stage, but I understand that there would have been another interview with the CEO and CFO.

Interview Questions
    • There were no difficult questions, they put a lot of accent on motivation and desire to work within the company.   Answer Question

Worked for Cargill? Contribute to the Community!