Cargill

Relevance Date Difficulty

Process Engineer Interview

Process Engineer

Interviewed at Cargill

Interview Details – Are you eligible to work in United States?

Interview Question – Are you eligible to work in United States?   Answer Question

Human Resources Interview

Human Resources
Hopkins, MN

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Cargill.

Interview Details – I applied for a position I found on Indeed and within a week or two was contacted for a phone interview. I had a 30 minute phone interview with HR -- very basic HR phone interview. After that, I interviewed in person with a team of about 6 managers. I had four 45 minute interviews with either 1-2 people at a time. Most of the interviewers were very laid back and not intimating. There was one person that asked me several behavioral based questions. Within two days of interviewing, they made me an offer.

Interview Question – When was a time you put yourself in a challenging or uncomfortable situation for your own personal development?   Answer Question

Quality Management Chemist Interview

Quality Management Chemist
Dayton, OH

I applied online and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Cargill in October 2011.

Interview Details – I applied for the position in fall of my senior year of college after speaking with a recruiter at a job fair. I had an hour long onsite interview with two representatives from the quality department that was almost entirely behavioral based questions. I then was asked to attend an onsite interview event. The event was held in October at a hotel local to a plant and spanned 2 days. At this event, there were at least two dozen other candidates. We networked with several Cargill employees over meals, information sessions, and a tour of the site. There were two hour-long interviews with Cargill employees at the end of the event. A few weeks later, I received an offer but was not given a location. I provided my top three choices and had to accept the position on good faith. For university recruiting for this position, in my case, at least, you are not told which plant you will work at until the spring. I found out in March where I would be moving that May to begin working. The drug test could not be administered until after the location was given, so this came ~four months after the job was accepted.

Interview Question – This is a technical question asked of food science students: Tell me about the most technical or complex piece of equipment you have used and how you would operate it.   View Answer

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

IT Analyst Interview

IT Analyst

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Cargill.

Interview Details – Was a very bizarre experience. Submitted resume and received call back. Then had to go online and submit a ridiculous arduous online application on buggy website. Phone interview with HR. In person interview with hiring supervisor. HR froze the position for weeks then out of the blue called back to make an offer. Wish I would have never taken the position as less than one year into Cargill is outsource all of it's IT infrastructure to India...

Interview Question – If your trained in the position you're applying for nothing was difficult or unexpected. Standard questions for IT Analyst   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Increase pay by asking for offer closer to initial salary requirement question... Cargill tried to low ball me in my first offer.

Senior IT Analyst Interview

Senior IT Analyst

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Cargill.

Interview Details – phone screen, website application, 3 interviews

Interview Question – most interview questions are straightforward.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – straight forward, limited options

Production Supervisor Interview

Production Supervisor
Memphis, TN

I applied online and interviewed at Cargill.

Interview Details – Very professional and smooth.

Interview Question – How long will be with the company.   Answer Question

Operations Intern Interview

Operations Intern
Columbus, OH

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Cargill in February 2014.

Interview Details – Went to their booth at the career fair. Got a call back asking if I would like to do an interview the next day on campus. A one-on-one interview with the same gentlemen who I spoke to at the career fair ensued. It was pretty laid back. Mostly behavioral questions, 5-7ish I would say. After follow up, I was offered the job three weeks later via a phone call from corporate HR.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time when you did something, realized it was wrong, and had to go in a completely different direction than your original plan.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Better compensation package with other offer

Lab Technician Interview

Lab Technician
Waukesha, WI

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Cargill in March 2010.

Interview Details – Met with Director and Manager of the department. Interview process went well. Both were very descriptive of expectations that were suitable for the job.

Interview Question – Why would you want this job having no industry experience?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Negotiation went well. Fair.

Process Engineer Interview

Process Engineer

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Cargill.

Interview Details – They really like to know that you can work hard. I was told afterward that I was hired over someone else because I had worked on a farm and this showed that I knew how to work hard. You go to corporate to interview for your first full time position with them.

Interview Question – Describe how Cargill impacts your daily life.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I did not negotiate, it was an internship

Mechenic Interview

Mechenic
Vernon, CA

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took a day - interviewed at Cargill in July 2010.

Interview Details – Started as a volt temp at vernon ca. was asked to stay on after 1 year , interview was informal lasting less than 5 minutes, was laid off with about 80 others because of the pink slime scare and D S O N A and meat soloutions had wanted to break up vernon but haddent because it was so profitable the pink slime gave the excuse to close down the meat soloutions side of the plant.

Interview Question – why did i want to work at cargill? because i needed a job   Answer Question