Cargill Interview Questions

Updated Aug 31, 2015

Quality Management Chemist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Omaha, NE

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Cargill (Omaha, NE) in April 2015.

Interview

Spoke with a recruiter at a university career fair, and had an on-campus interview the following week. I was then notified that a dozen candidates would be brought to Omaha for a second round of interviews. This first day involved a tour of the plant, a Q&A session with current employees, and dinner with the other candidates and hiring managers. This was all very casual with continual opportunity to ask questions about the position/company. The second day started very early with a short benefits presentation followed by two 1 hour interviews. Mainly behavioral-based questions with a few concept questions specific to your major; nothing was too daunting, and the interviewers were all friendly. Received a phone call three days later from HR, stating that they wished to extend an offer. Because of shuffling between the multiple plants, a salary and location could not be provided at that time. Cargill was very understanding of my situation, and encouraged me to continue talking with other companies while they sorted things out on their end. I notified HR when I received an offer from another company (appx. two weeks after the Omaha trip), and received a call two days later with salary and location information.

Interview Questions

• If salt is mixed with water, does it cause the melting point increase or decrease and why?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wayzata, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at Cargill (Wayzata, MN) in April 2015.

Interview

Felt very comfortable during interview process. Asked tough, but reasonable questions. Really enjoyed getting to know my now managers during this process. Have learning situations prepared that you can talk about during process.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about Cargill?   1 Answer

FSQR Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Cargill in March 2015.

Interview

I met a recruiter on campus and then interviewed the next day. I was told in the interview that I would likely get a second interview. I then was not contacted for two months. I then received a phone call saying that I was going to have a second interview but they thought I would be better for another position. I then received a second phone call saying there had been a mistake and I would not be having a second interview. It was overall very unprofessional and confusing. Also I felt as though no one really knew what was going on.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time that you found out about something unethical happening and how you handled the situation?   Answer Question

Production Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cargill (Dallas, TX) in March 2015.

Interview

The interview process was very enjoyable. The interviewer was nice and easy to have a discussion with about my qualifications and the jobs requirements. The interview process was more of a get to know the candidate type of interview. It was laid back for the most part and seemed like just another conversation but I had to remember that this was an interview.

Interview Questions

• Q: What do you bring to the table that will better Cargill?   Answer Question

Accounting Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Cargill (Memphis, TN) in March 2015.

Interview

Met with HR rep, then immediate hiring manager, then department head. Very professional atmosphere and very polite and informative. Helped ease the interview tension. All three people began with describing their specifics roles within the company and went into great detail about the requirements for the job.

Interview Questions

• What would you bring to the table that other applicants wouldn't   Answer Question

Senior Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cargill.

Interview

The interview started with a lunch and a large group of people from different roles. Next there was an hour long behavioral interview session asking the standard questions. Last was a case study where I had to act as project manager on an upcoming project and go through how I would approach the problem and what the major constraints would be.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had a conflict with a co-worker or classmate.   Answer Question

QA Tech Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Cargill in February 2015.

Interview

I had a phone interview for maybe 30 min and it was questions for more of a manager Instead of an entry tech job. Overall the experience was good and my interviewer was nice.

Feed Store Sales Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Cargill.

Interview

Took a couple weeks to get contacted for a phone interview. Phone interview was simple, basic interview questions. When I finished with the initial interview, I had high hopes, but never received a call back or any type of notification from Cargill.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Cargill.

Interview

panel interviews, sometimes with two or three panels. If prepared, interview process could be good, however, interviewers were not always relevant to the position (not the hiring manager or area of company) Not full understanding by interviewers of role.

Negotiation

good

Production Supervisor Interview

Interview

Culture was great and there were 3 rounds of interviews with 2 people each time. General behavioral type questions. There was a plant tour and then a powerpoint and then the interviews. There are waiting periods in between interviews where you get to talk to other "stockholders" to ask questions.