Cargill

Relevance Date Difficulty

Very Easy Interview

Associate Engineer Interview

Associate Engineer

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Cargill.

Interview Details – Had an on campus interview which went very well and was called a week later to have an on site interview. Process was fast and not too bad. Traveling to the site was probably the worst aspect. But asked a lot of personality and behavioral questions.

Interview Question – Just know a lot about the business and you should be fine. Also, know your strengthens and weaknesses and don't be afraid to show your personality.   Answer Question

Operations Analyst Interview

Operations Analyst

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Cargill in October 2011.

Interview Details – I initially met with the recruiter which I found to be the best way to go instead of a phone interview. When I qualified, I had 3 half hour interviews with 2 ppl each, when on to the second round, i had an additional 3 half hour interviews with 2 ppl each. Seemed a little intense for the position.

Interview Question – I was asked to look at 3 different reports and see what the similarities and discrepancies were.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was not able to negotiate salary nor vacation.

Production Management Engineer Intern Interview

Production Management Engineer Intern
Cedar Rapids, IA

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Cargill in September 2010.

Interview Details – I visited Cargill's booth at my university's career fair and was invited for an on-campus interview the next day. About a week later I received an email requesting my completion of an online personality test. I received a call that I had been accepted for the position within 3 weeks after the on-campus interview.

Interview Question – Give an example of a time when you managed a project with a diverse team.   Answer Question

IT Intern Interview

IT Intern
Minneapolis, MN

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at Cargill in September 2013.

Interview Details – Interview process was all based on personality and soft skills. Interviewers stated that hard skills can always be taught and emphasized having good soft skills and always continuing to improve.

Interview Question – On a scale of 1 to 5, how interested are you in working with Cargill long term?   Answer Question

Quality Assurance Specialist Interview

Quality Assurance Specialist
Omaha, NE

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Cargill in January 2010.

Interview Details – Phone interview by recruiters followed by a live interview panel on site by folks you will be working with or reporting to which consisted of two separate sets of interviewers. Very thorough so be prepared to think on your feet and have good examples of past work experience, leadership, innovation, and communication ready to share.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time you challenged the status quo and lost.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was limited ability to negotiate.

Associate Interview

Associate
Wayzata, MN

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Cargill in May 2013.

Interview Details – I was interviewed on the phone separately by a human resources professional and the hiring manager. I then submitted copies of my work. Finally, I had a face-to-face interview with the hiring managers. The process was very professional and enhanced my desire to be hired by the company (I had two other live offers at the time).

Interview Question – I do not recall any difficult or "trick" questions. I was asked how I would respond to deadlines and pressure.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There was no opportunity to negotiate - the offer was standard for the position.

Conversion Analyst Interview

Conversion Analyst

I applied online and interviewed at Cargill.

Interview Details – interview process was pretty straight forward. I interviewed for 2 different roles that day with a panel that included the hiring manager, the team lead and the HR rep.

Sales Account Manager Interview

Sales Account Manager

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Cargill.

Interview Details – Prepare for behavioral based questions at all stages of the interview. If you pass the phone screen be prepared to for "panel interview" Cargill loves to gang up on candidates.

Interview Question – From 1-10, Rate your level of courage. Why?
Money aside, what would you want to do, if you could do anything?
  Answer Question

Accountant Interview

Accountant
Hopkins, MN

I applied through other source and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Cargill.

Interview Details – Started with 20 min. phone screen then three rounds of panel interviews with two people each. Ranging from Managers of the Business Unit to people in Finance.

Interview Question – Situation based interview questions. Very friendly and easy going really interested to see how I would fit into the position.   Answer Question

Quality Management Chemist (Full Time) Interview

Quality Management Chemist (Full Time)
Cedar Rapids, IA

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Cargill in October 2013.

Interview Details – I met with Cargill at my University's job fair in the fall. I applied in mid/late September. In about 1 week I received an invite for an on-campus interview. After the on-campus interview, I waited about 3 weeks before receiving an email saying there had been so many applicants and that they were still reviewing the applications. About 2 weeks later, I received a phone call with my invitation to interview at the Cedar Rapids plant in Iowa.

They arranged all travel plans accordingly and reimbursed for pretty much everything (baggage fees, food up to $25/day, etc). The interview was a 2 day interview.

Day 1: After checking into my hotel, we gathered in the lobby and hopped on a bus for a plant tour. After the plant tour, we got to do a Q&A with the chemists currently on the job. After the plant tour, we had dinner with some of the management representing nearly all the potential locations that were hiring.

Day 2: Woke up, got dressed in business formal attire, and headed down for lunch. After lunch they spent about 45 minutes going over all of the benefits, compensation, hiring and miscellaneous questions. There were two groups of interviews (one in the morning, and one in the early afternoon). The Day 2 interviews consisted of 2 two-person interviews with management from various locations. All the employees were knowledgable and very nice and easy to talk to.

After the interview, it took less than 1 week to hear back. Overall, it was a very pleasant experience. I was impressed with the time they took to go over the benefits package. Also, they stressed that the interview process was not only for them to find out if we were a good fit for the company, but it was also for us to find out if we think we would enjoy the job, seeing how it was mostly 12-hour rotating shifts on plants open 365 days/year.

Interview Question – They asked a few situational and technical questions.

Toughest technical: Describe photosynthesis.

I know this is an easy question, but I am a senior chemistry major 3 years removed from first-year biology so I got that wrong.
  Answer Question