Cargill

Relevance Date Difficulty

Agronomy Intern Interview

Agronomy Intern
West Lafayette, IN

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Cargill in October 2011.

Interview Details – Asked about challenges in our life and how they were solved in a step by step process. The rest seemed conversational.

Interview Question – Describe a challenge and how you overcame that challenge.   Answer Question

Production Management Engineer Interview

Production Management Engineer
Wayzata, MN

I applied in-person and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Cargill.

Interview Details – Entire interview and hiring process took ~1.5 months total. First interview was conducted on campus after career fair and only lasted for 20 minutes. Second interview consisted of three 40 minute 1:1 interviews at MN headquarters on talent day. All questions were behavioral type of questions, so prepare examples of leadership experience, conflicts resolution, how you've worked in a team, etc.

Interview Question – No extremely difficult questions.
Unexpected questions: Describe what pH is and what is the difference between organic and inorganic?
  Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation but was offered a very competitive salary.

Internship Interview

Internship

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Cargill.

Interview Details – Recruiters were looking for interns for the summer internship. Selected only 10 students for the intership, while only 3 were selected for the positions. Interview is very behavioral and less technical.

Interview Question – Is there anything else that you want us to know about you?   Answer Question

Lab Tech Interview

Lab Tech

I applied through other source and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Cargill.

Interview Details – Three interviews, was not organized at all. Some people asked me the same questions. Questions were mostly about my past work experience and how I could apply those skills working for Cargill. Had to pass a physical (to see if I was physically fit enough for the job, like lifting items, shoveling, hand/eye coordination, etc.) and a drug screen. Everyone was nice, but they acted like they would rather be somewhere else than interviewing.

Interview Question – I had to remember how I handled certain types of situations. They also asked some questions to find out what I would do if something happened. Had to arrange tasks in order of importance.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation, I had to accept what was offered

Very Difficult Interview

Sales Representative Interview

Sales Representative
Ferndale, WA

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Cargill in January 2009.

Interview Details – Very odd interview questions that I felt were much too personal and had nothing to do with the position itself.

Interview Question – All o them were strange.   View Answer

Production Manager Interview

Production Manager

Interview Details – They do an excellent job with the interview process. Lots of behavioral questions. 1-1 interview style. They were very courteous. They include a plant tour which is very helpful to see the operation.

Interview Question – Not necessarily difficult question, but be prepared to answer, why you for this position? Be concise and make sure you have the same answers for the same questions. Be flexible to changes in the schedule.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – low salary expectation

Grain Farm Marketing Specialist Interview

Grain Farm Marketing Specialist

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Cargill in November 2013.

Interview Details – There is a specific university recruiting process: first interview (brief 15-25 minute interview where you can talk yourself up, asking about experience) second interview (three 40 minute extensive behavioral-based interviews back to back in Minneapolis, MN) and if they extend an offer within two weeks after the second interview. You then only have two weeks to accept or decline the offer.

Interview Question – Should you score in T-ball? Where is the line drawn between compassion and competitiveness?
Tell me about a time you had to lie...
Talk to me about (insert a class you performed poorly in)
  Answer Question

IT Intern Interview

IT Intern

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Cargill.

Interview Details – Very simple behavioral questions. Got recruited out of the best school in Minnesota

Interview Question – Tell me a time when you dealt with a problem.   Answer Question

Quality Management Chemist Interview

Quality Management Chemist

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Cargill.

Interview Details – I went to the career fair at my university and talked with a couple recruiters. They told me they had a few openings and asked for my resume. I went to their website and applied for the job and the next week I was scheduled for an interview. The Interview process wasn't too hard, mostly behavioral questions. I was a little nervous at the beginning but they were very friendly and eased up towards the end.

Interview Question – Describe the Kreb's cycle   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Financial Analyst

Interviewed at Cargill

Interview Details – All interviews were behavioral. how well do you work with others etc.

Interview Question – What is your dream job?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negoation. salary is same for all coming out of intern program

Interviews for Top Jobs at Cargill