Cargill

Updated Nov 18, 2014

Operations Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Cargill in February 2014.

Went to their booth at the career fair. Got a call back asking if I would like to do an interview the next day on campus. A one-on-one interview with the same gentlemen who I spoke to at the career fair ensued. It was pretty laid back. Mostly behavioral questions, 5-7ish I would say. After follow up, I was offered the job three weeks later via a phone call from corporate HR.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you did something, realized it was wrong, and had to go in a completely different direction than your original plan.   Answer Question

Better compensation package with other offer

Commodity Merchant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wayzata, MN

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Cargill in February 2014.

Applied online. Took a long personality test online. Received a phone call a few days later. Had a phone interview then was flown to Cargill in Minnesota for two sets of interviews both with one trader and one human resources people.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing too difficult. One question was something to the effect of "what factors would you look at when making a trading decision."   View Answer

Conversion Analyst Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Cargill.

interview process was pretty straight forward. I interviewed for 2 different roles that day with a panel that included the hiring manager, the team lead and the HR rep.

Sales Account Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Cargill.

Prepare for behavioral based questions at all stages of the interview. If you pass the phone screen be prepared to for "panel interview" Cargill loves to gang up on candidates.

Interview Questions
    • From 1-10, Rate your level of courage. Why?
      Money aside, what would you want to do, if you could do anything?

Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hopkins, MN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hopkins, MN

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Cargill.

Started with 20 min. phone screen then three rounds of panel interviews with two people each. Ranging from Managers of the Business Unit to people in Finance.

Interview Questions
    • Situation based interview questions. Very friendly and easy going really interested to see how I would fit into the position.   Answer Question

Production Management Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wayzata, MN

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Cargill.

Entire interview and hiring process took ~1.5 months total. First interview was conducted on campus after career fair and only lasted for 20 minutes. Second interview consisted of three 40 minute 1:1 interviews at MN headquarters on talent day. All questions were behavioral type of questions, so prepare examples of leadership experience, conflicts resolution, how you've worked in a team, etc.

Interview Questions
    • No extremely difficult questions.
      Unexpected questions: Describe what pH is and what is the difference between organic and inorganic?
        Answer Question
    No negotiation but was offered a very competitive salary.

Internship Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Cargill.

Recruiters were looking for interns for the summer internship. Selected only 10 students for the intership, while only 3 were selected for the positions. Interview is very behavioral and less technical.

Interview Questions
    • Is there anything else that you want us to know about you?   Answer Question

Lab Tech Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Cargill.

Three interviews, was not organized at all. Some people asked me the same questions. Questions were mostly about my past work experience and how I could apply those skills working for Cargill. Had to pass a physical (to see if I was physically fit enough for the job, like lifting items, shoveling, hand/eye coordination, etc.) and a drug screen. Everyone was nice, but they acted like they would rather be somewhere else than interviewing.

Interview Questions
    • I had to remember how I handled certain types of situations. They also asked some questions to find out what I would do if something happened. Had to arrange tasks in order of importance.   Answer Question
    No negotiation, I had to accept what was offered

Production Manager Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Cargill.

They do an excellent job with the interview process. Lots of behavioral questions. 1-1 interview style. They were very courteous. They include a plant tour which is very helpful to see the operation.

Interview Questions
    • Not necessarily difficult question, but be prepared to answer, why you for this position? Be concise and make sure you have the same answers for the same questions. Be flexible to changes in the schedule.   Answer Question

low salary expectation

Grain Farm Marketing Specialist Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Cargill in November 2013.

There is a specific university recruiting process: first interview (brief 15-25 minute interview where you can talk yourself up, asking about experience) second interview (three 40 minute extensive behavioral-based interviews back to back in Minneapolis, MN) and if they extend an offer within two weeks after the second interview. You then only have two weeks to accept or decline the offer.

Interview Questions
    • Should you score in T-ball? Where is the line drawn between compassion and competitiveness?
      Tell me about a time you had to lie...
      Talk to me about (insert a class you performed poorly in)