Cargill Interview Questions

Updated Aug 30, 2015

R&D Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cargill in September 2014.

Interview

It was online, very laid back. Although i seemed that there was a list of questions to be asked, the interviewer said he'd do it his way. Two people interviewed me over the phone.

Interview Questions

• Are you a foodie?; Experiences on working under pressure?   Answer Question

Data Entry Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Cargill in September 2014.

Interview

I was contacted about 2 weeks after the online application. A face to face interview was set for a week later. My interview went really well and I received a call about an hour later with an offer.

Interview Questions

• All pretty simple behavioral questions. It was actually quite conversational and enjoyable. No really difficult of unexpected questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I didn't realize the position was entry level, so the offer was much lower than I expected. They agreed to up the offer slightly, but negotiating is very limited and based on your desirability.

Chemical Engineering Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Cargill in September 2014.

Interview

Sent in Resume through University site and then spoke with them at the career fair. At the career fair, the first person sent me to another person after speaking with me and then I was offered an interview. Interviewed the next day on campus and was contacted over the phone 3 weeks later with an offer.

Interview Questions

• A lot of "Tell me about a time when" questions. One was to tell them about a time when I saw a process that needed improving and how I improved it. A few technical questions about my past intern experience and what I did.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation since it is a Co-op. There offer was very good though.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Cargill (Madison, WI).

Interview

Recruiters on campus and interviews also conducted on campus. Less than a week process for the interview portion and heard offer information in less than 2 weeks. Very willing to answer questions and offer plenty of opportunities to learn more about the company before applying.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to work with a difficult teammate and how you overcame that.   1 Answer

Negotiation

No option to negotiate

Commodity Merchant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Cargill.

Interview

Received an initial phone interview that lasted 45 minutes, general questions regarding prior work experience, some scenarios, and questions about personality. Had an on site interview that lasted almost 2 hours with 4 different people. Same general questions as phone interview plus questions that the interviewers were given to ask - like a script. Followed up the on site interview with a 4 hour job shadow.

Interview Questions

• Explain to me your most difficult work situation, the negative criticism you received, and how you reacted.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Cargill.

Interview

You are recruited. It definately pays to know someone in Recruitment and/or a Hiring Manager. This a private company and if you don't know anyone work on getting an internship or get on linkedin see what you may have in common with somene professionaly like creditianals or organization wise.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

It was an internship.

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Cargill in August 2014.

Interview

Completed three phone interviews over the course of four weeks. The first two were very positive experiences. However, I could tell that the third interviewer had his mind made up to begin with. I'm not sure what documents were provided to him, but he asked about me living in Huntsville, Alabama. I've never even been to Huntsville, so I immediately had a bad feeling from there. The coordination process through the recruiters was a little tedious, but organized. The recruiters were wonderful about working with my schedule, as I was out of the country when they attempted to schedule my second interview. Also, I did not want to be disrespectful or neglect my current employer, so they allowed me to schedule the interviews at times that were appropriate.

Interview Questions

• "Tell me one thing you have learned in the past year and how you have applied that."   Answer Question

Commodity Trader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Cargill (Minneapolis, MN).

Interview

Talent management group were not official employees of Cargill, which seemed rather odd to have contract employees doing this function but nevertheless interviews eventually brought direct communication with real employees. Questions focused a lot on cultural fit, especially team compatibility, and then separately individual strengths. They clearly focused also on prior salary levels and had some rather strict rules to keep job offers within a tight range around the prior salaries.

Interview Questions

• Asking how I would deal with managers who were quite hands-on to the point of micromanagement of the responsibilities in the job I was applying for.   1 Answer

Negotiation

there was nearly zero negotiation possible.

Electrician Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cargill.

Interview

Got a call to interview. Went in and spoke to the electrical supervisor and head of maintenance. Was asked some basic electrical questions and my troubleshooting experiences. Head of maintenance hand drew a schematic and asked questions about it.

Human Resources Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Cargill (Minneapolis, MN) in July 2014.

Interview

Great connection from start to finish! I enjoyed my conversation with the pre-screener who ensured my qualifications met their requirements. The interview was more like a general conversation in an open area. Much less intimidating! I enjoyed meeting the various people within the HR team. They were friendly and seemed to have strong relationships with each other. I was offered a position for the role that I applied for, but decided to take another job.

Interview Questions

• tell me about your comfortability with using data to make decisions?   Answer Question