Cargill Interview Questions

Updated Mar 21, 2015
Updated Mar 21, 2015

Process Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Cargill.

They really like to know that you can work hard. I was told afterward that I was hired over someone else because I had worked on a farm and this showed that I knew how to work hard. You go to corporate to interview for your first full time position with them.

Interview Questions
    I did not negotiate, it was an internship

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Cargill.

Had an on-campus interview. Did not get offered an internship.

Interview Questions
    • What is a pH?
      What is the difference between organic and inorganic?

Associate Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Cargill.

Had an on campus interview which went very well and was called a week later to have an on site interview. Process was fast and not too bad. Traveling to the site was probably the worst aspect. But asked a lot of personality and behavioral questions.

Interview Questions
    • Just know a lot about the business and you should be fine. Also, know your strengthens and weaknesses and don't be afraid to show your personality.   Answer Question

Operations Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH
    Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Cargill in February 2014.

Went to their booth at the career fair. Got a call back asking if I would like to do an interview the next day on campus. A one-on-one interview with the same gentlemen who I spoke to at the career fair ensued. It was pretty laid back. Mostly behavioral questions, 5-7ish I would say. After follow up, I was offered the job three weeks later via a phone call from corporate HR.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you did something, realized it was wrong, and had to go in a completely different direction than your original plan.   Answer Question

Better compensation package with other offer

Commodity Merchant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wayzata, MN
    Anonymous Employee in Wayzata, MN

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Cargill in February 2014.

Applied online. Took a long personality test online. Received a phone call a few days later. Had a phone interview then was flown to Cargill in Minnesota for two sets of interviews both with one trader and one human resources people.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing too difficult. One question was something to the effect of "what factors would you look at when making a trading decision."   View Answers (2)

Conversion Analyst Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Cargill.

interview process was pretty straight forward. I interviewed for 2 different roles that day with a panel that included the hiring manager, the team lead and the HR rep.

Sales Account Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Cargill.

Prepare for behavioral based questions at all stages of the interview. If you pass the phone screen be prepared to for "panel interview" Cargill loves to gang up on candidates.

Interview Questions
    • From 1-10, Rate your level of courage. Why?
      Money aside, what would you want to do, if you could do anything?

Accountant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hopkins, MN
    Anonymous Employee in Hopkins, MN

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Cargill.

Started with 20 min. phone screen then three rounds of panel interviews with two people each. Ranging from Managers of the Business Unit to people in Finance.

Interview Questions
    • Situation based interview questions. Very friendly and easy going really interested to see how I would fit into the position.   Answer Question

Production Management Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wayzata, MN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wayzata, MN

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Cargill.

Entire interview and hiring process took ~1.5 months total. First interview was conducted on campus after career fair and only lasted for 20 minutes. Second interview consisted of three 40 minute 1:1 interviews at MN headquarters on talent day. All questions were behavioral type of questions, so prepare examples of leadership experience, conflicts resolution, how you've worked in a team, etc.

Interview Questions
    • No extremely difficult questions.
      Unexpected questions: Describe what pH is and what is the difference between organic and inorganic?

Answer Question
    No negotiation but was offered a very competitive salary.

Internship Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Cargill.

Recruiters were looking for interns for the summer internship. Selected only 10 students for the intership, while only 3 were selected for the positions. Interview is very behavioral and less technical.

Interview Questions
    • Is there anything else that you want us to know about you?   Answer Question