Cargill Interview Questions

Updated Aug 31, 2015

Accountant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hopkins, MN

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cargill (Hopkins, MN).

Interview

Questions asked by management were not tricky or hard. They were very easy and anyone who could graduate from high school would be able to answer them with success.

Interview Questions

• None like I said above nothing difficult about questions.   Answer Question

Research Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cargill.

Interview

Phone interview-talked with HR and two scientists.

Process Engineer Interview

Interview

Are you eligible to work in United States?

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hopkins, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cargill (Hopkins, MN).

Interview

I applied for a position I found on Indeed and within a week or two was contacted for a phone interview. I had a 30 minute phone interview with HR -- very basic HR phone interview. After that, I interviewed in person with a team of about 6 managers. I had four 45 minute interviews with either 1-2 people at a time. Most of the interviewers were very laid back and not intimating. There was one person that asked me several behavioral based questions. Within two days of interviewing, they made me an offer.

Interview Questions

• When was a time you put yourself in a challenging or uncomfortable situation for your own personal development?   Answer Question

QA Chemist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Springfield, MO

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cargill (Springfield, MO) in April 2014.

Interview

College recruitment interview. Hour long interview with basic questions. two person interview one HR one team member. Very friendly, attentive. General HR questions, followed by a few technical questions that anyone could answer. Very knowledgable and helpful when I asked the hiring team questions, portrayed Cargill as a fantastic company, but didn't deny or lie about job shortcomings. 10/10

Interview Questions

• "give an example of a difficult workplace situation and how you exhibited leadership to solve it" "what are your strength and weaknesses" "What is chromatography, and how does it work"   1 Answer

IT Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Cargill.

Interview

Was a very bizarre experience. Submitted resume and received call back. Then had to go online and submit a ridiculous arduous online application on buggy website. Phone interview with HR. In person interview with hiring supervisor. HR froze the position for weeks then out of the blue called back to make an offer. Wish I would have never taken the position as less than one year into Cargill is outsource all of it's IT infrastructure to India...

Interview Questions

• If your trained in the position you're applying for nothing was difficult or unexpected. Standard questions for IT Analyst   Answer Question

Negotiation

Increase pay by asking for offer closer to initial salary requirement question... Cargill tried to low ball me in my first offer.

Senior IT Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cargill.

Interview

phone screen, website application, 3 interviews

Interview Questions

Negotiation

straight forward, limited options

Production Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cargill (Memphis, TN).

Interview

Very professional and smooth.

Project Management Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rolla, MO

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Cargill (Rolla, MO) in March 2014.

Interview

pretty simple interview. Questions will focus on displaying your personality type. interview lasted about 35 minutes and the interviewer was very polite. Cargill is very family oriented and will gladly work with your needs.

Interview Questions

• What makes you want to work for Cargill   1 Answer

Senior Scientist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Cargill in March 2014.

Interview

I applied on their website for a job they had posted online. It took about 2 months to hear back from them. After they contacted me, the process moved very quickly. I had a phone interview with the recruiter followed by a technical phone interview with the hiring manager a sew days later. They immediately set up on on-site interview which was about 4 hours long. Everyone was very kind and helpful through the whole thing. It was fairly laid back while also being professional. I received an offer the next week.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They offered me more than I had listed for my salary requirements and the benefits, paid time off, etc. were all very generous, so I did not negotiate.