Cargill

Relevance Date Difficulty

Marketing Intern Interview

Marketing Intern
Wayzata, MN

I applied through an employee referral and interviewed at Cargill.

Interview Details – Formal atmosphere, wear business attire.

Interview Question – They wanted someone with experience in excel, powerpoint, SPSS, and outlook.

1. Tell me a time you oversaw a process from start to finish.
2. Tell me about a time you contributed to a project.
3. In your work, when do you know something is going wrong? What puts up red flags in your mind?
4. What do you want out of an internship here?
  Answer Question

Design Analyst Interview

Design Analyst
Hopkins, MN

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Cargill in January 2011.

Interview Details – I was referred by a friend. The process took a bit longer than expected. The interviews were pretty straight forward.

Interview Questions

Production Associate Interview

Production Associate

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Cargill.

Interview Details – Submitted my resume at a career fair, and got an on campus interview. I was later contacted about a second interview. The second interview was in Wayzata, MN, and consisted of three 45 minute interviews with three different managers. All behavioral based questions.

Interview Question – Name a time when you worked in a group with someone who wasn't doing their job. How did you deal with the situation?   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Very Easy Interview

Operations Associate Interview

Operations Associate
Columbia, MO

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Cargill in February 2013.

Interview Details – Got an interview on campus by stopping at their booth at my career fair. Interview lasted only 10 min. The recruiter asked questions from a piece of paper and did not make eye contact. She just wrote my answers down on the paper. Very impersonal interview process. Questions she asked were your normal interview questions no surprises.

Interview Question – Why are you interested in Cargill?
Tell a difficult situation you encountered and how did you handle it?
Strenghts?
  Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Benefits Services Manager Interview

Benefits Services Manager

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at Cargill in February 2013.

Interview Details – I have interviewed at Cargill a few times and I am always impressed with their follow up skills. They always made me feel welcome and appeared to be genuinely interested in my thoughts about the job opportunity. The only down side was the rejection email instead of a phone call.

Interview Question – None   Answer Question

Professional Analyst, Operations Interview

Professional Analyst, Operations
Minneapolis, MN

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Cargill in November 2009.

Interview Details – Standard corporate interview process. Interviewed with 2 managers, a director and the HR recruiter individually. Both managers asked questions from the usual script, the director and HR recruiter focused more on personality/cultural fit. The big key was having an "in" with an existing employee and a friend of the HR recruiter.

Interview Question – Experience with excel, investment operations.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They offered and it was non-negotiable

Data Analyst Interview

Data Analyst
Minneapolis, MN

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Cargill in August 2011.

Interview Details – HR set up 3 interview times with 4 different people over 2 days. It was a straight forward interview with example based questions.

Interview Question – Give an example of a time when you had to stand up to a colleague.   Answer Question

Regulatory Intern Interview

Regulatory Intern

Interviewed at Cargill

Interview Details – I applied online to another position, but was contacted by a recruiter for this position. (They were contacting all previous applicants who met the basic requirements.) We set up a phone interview. The first half of the interview was mainly going over my resume and lots of behavioral questions. The remaining half was reserved for questions that I had.

Interview Question – Describe a time when you had an idea and everyone was against it.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Intern
Minneapolis, MN

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Cargill in November 2012.

Interview Details – Online Application, Initial Interview, Call Back, Final interview at Headquarters, Offer

Interview Question – What issues will companies like Cargill be faced with in the next year?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There were areas to negotiate, but they have a great base pay for their intern program.

Production Manager Interview

Production Manager
Minneapolis, MN

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at Cargill in July 2011.

Interview Details – Asked situational type of questions. For example: "Name a time where you....". They will ask if you are willing to relocate. If you want a job with this company, you should say 'yes'. To help, go to their website and use key words in your interview that you often see on their website, such as 'commitment to serve', 'commitment', 'integrity'....

Interview Question – Nothing really, just google interview questions relating to situations and you'll do fine. I have heard that they might ask you a theoretical situation if you're an engineer, although I never encountered that. For example, they might refer to a fluid dynamic situation and they want to know your response for that situation.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They will give you a list of locations and you can select up to two locations. First come first serve, and you're not the only one given the list, so choose quickly or your location will be gone! Please note that for new hires, the salary is a set amount. So if you want to move to California and you're not going to make enough to live there initially, don't expect a salary increase to compensate for living expenses. Best to choose a less costly area for your first job location and them move to your dream location. I believe they compensate for living expenses for job #2 and beyond.