Cargill Meat Solutions

Updated Sep 27, 2014
Updated Sep 27, 2014

2.6

Bilingual Sales Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Cargill Meat Solutions.

I talked with Cargill recruiters at the Career Fair. They held next day interview for round one of the interview process. The second interview was two weeks later on the phone with 4 people from the business unit. Two weeks after my phone interview I was extended an offer via phone.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you had to develop trust with someone and how you went about doing that.   Answer Question

Operations Associate Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Cargill Meat Solutions.

I was given a tour of the plant and then interviewed with 10 managers. 5 different interviews with 2 managers per interview.I was at the plant for the entire day. They had me drive to the location and paid for the hotel, meals, and all of my gas. Cargill takes care of their people, as long as those people are willing to work for them.

Interview Questions
    • Some of the interviews were taken very seriously and were very typical interview questions. Then some of the others seemed like they were trying to intimidate me, like they were trying to get me to confess to something...those were very awkward interviews.   Answer Question
    This was the first job out of college. I did not even think of trying to negotiate. I later found out that I could have probably been able to negotiate a higher salary or more help with my moving expense.

Data Warehouse Support Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wichita, KS
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wichita, KS

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Cargill Meat Solutions in July 2014.

Hiring process is a joke.
    Manager do not care about the company because they only do phone interview and do not care they want the person or not. They wanted a fresher than actual experience person.
    I would consider a position where you actually give face to face interview so you can survive better.

Interview Questions
    • It is a Joke to work with them.
      To be honest. I would like to work in better cities like New York, NJ or any east coast.
      I ask the readers do you really want to work for such an under developed state like Kansas when you worked in East Coast like New York, New Jersey etc., ?

Answer Question
    There is no negotiation. If you are good in politics then you can survive.
    If you are innocent. It's up to you whom you choose as a career.

Here is the question I ask to readers:

Do you really want to work for such an under developed state like Kansas and in unprofessional environment like Cargill when you worked in East Coast like New York, New Jersey etc., ?

Beef Operations Associate Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Cargill Meat Solutions.

The entire process is extremely quick and streamlined. I first talked to a recruiter at my school's career fair and he invited me for a next-day interview. Exactly one week later they contacted me again and said that they wanted me to fly to Kansas for another interview and plant tour.

Cargill paid for everything. Hotel, car rental, and plane tickets were billed directly to them and meals and gas could be reimbursed. I flew into Wichita and drove to Dodge City where the plant is located. There was one other candidate there for the position and we were hosted on a plant tour together in the morning. Then the rest of the day was followed by a series of interviews conducted by various members of the management team. It was supposed to be four separate interviews by 8 different people (two interviewers at a time) but it seemed like everyone was unprepared and unorganized so it ended up being fewer interviewers.

The interviews were extremely casual for the most part. I was asked 2-3 "formal" interview questions per session and the rest was just conversation and question & answer. It was mostly laid-back and non-intimidating. Be sure to do your research on the company because they like to ask why you want to work for Cargill (I talked a lot about the company's missions and goals and how they aligned with my own). And because I was from a big city, almost all of them asked me how I was going to adjust to life in Dodge City. Being able to manage people is also a huge concern since that is what this job basically is. They will ask you how you feel about working with people who don't speak English well (a lot of the workers speak Spanish).

I went to the plant and interviewed on Monday and I got the job offer on Friday. They offered me $49k a year as well as paying for my relocation to Dodge City. They gave me 10 days to accept or decline the offer.

Interview Questions
    • What did you do when the people you managed didn't want to listen to you or work for you?   Answer Question

After visiting the town in person I decided that it is not the right fit for me. If it was located closer to Wichita or Kansas City then I would have taken it.

Process Engineer Interview

Had first interview on campus following career fair at the university. Interviewed with three employees. Strictly behavioral. Main concern was whether or not I would have an issue with the slaughter process.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time when you were faced with a difficult challenge. What was the outcome?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Collins, CO

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Cargill Meat Solutions in September 2013.

I met the Cargill college recruiter at a networking event help by my department at school and casually chatted. She asked me to stop by the Cargill table at the university career fair the next day. I went up to the booth and we spoke again briefly about my interest in the sales associate position and she signed me uo for an interview the following day on campus. The following day we met for an interview, one on one with the recruiter. The interview lasted 40 min. and the all the questions asked were behavioral in nature based on past experiences that I have had. The recruiter did ask a few questions not on her prompt that were more specific to me. at the end I had the opportunity to ask her questions as well. I was then invited to Wichita for a second interview two business days following the initial interview. I have not done the second interview as of yet.

Interview Questions
    • How have you worked towards a goal to improve the future of something?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Collins, CO

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Cargill Meat Solutions in February 2013.

Awful, awful experience. Interviewer was completely sexist and wouldn't interview me because I am a woman and I take pride in my appearance and try to look nice. I applied through my college career website because they requested an interview with me. As soon as I sat down for the interview, the interviewer started talking to me like I was a dumb little girl. He kept asking me if I "understood" the position and if I could "handle" it, as if being a woman made me incapable of any thought. Then he went on to tell me that I should go to their website and apply for something else that "suits me better". Honestly I have never had this happen before. I am mostly offended because he wouldn't even do me the courtesy of going through the interview. He just talked me like I was a bimbo. I would highly discourage applying to this company if you are a woman, unless you want to deal with a bunch of sexist good ol boys.

Human Resources Associate Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Cargill Meat Solutions in January 2013.

I met 2 recruiters at my college career fair. I was asked if I would like to interview with them the day after the fair. I said yes. The interview lasted about 30 minutes, and was with one of the recruiters who I had met the day before. Basic interview questions were asked and a few that required you to come up with an answer that related directly to Ag. Very laid back interview. They told me it would be about 2 weeks before I can expect to hear back from them.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ottumwa, IA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ottumwa, IA

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Cargill Meat Solutions.

They want to know what your biggest failures in life have been and how you reacted to them. How did you fix your mistakes? What are your goals? Are you available to move around? Don't say no to moving away from your hometown, you will sound weak and uninterested in the posted job.

Interview Questions
    • Explain some of the opportunities for improvement that you noticed in the production area while you were on your tour.   Answer Question

Human Resources Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Cargill Meat Solutions in November 2012.

The interview process was intense. I went through a phone interview first, then I had 4 interviews in one day. After that I was asked to tour a plant and had 4 more interviews there. I received an offer about two days after my trip to the plant. All the questions asked during the interview were behavioral based. Everyone was extremely friendly and they will be a great company to work for!

Interview Questions
    • Every question was situation based- What would you do if...? No question was unexpected through.   Answer Question
    No negotiation needed. The offer went above my expectations.