Cargill Meat Solutions

Relevance Date Difficulty

Customer Service Interview

Customer Service
Wichita, KS

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Cargill Meat Solutions in August 2011.

Interview Details – I had a phone interview with a human resources representative then a one-on-one interview in person with my would-be direct manager, then a one-on-one interview with another manager, then a phone interview again with a human resources representative. I then received an offer that off. The hiring process was long.

Interview Question – What do you know about our company?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – 1 day

Beef Operations Associate Interview

Beef Operations Associate

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Cargill Meat Solutions.

Interview Details – The entire process is extremely quick and streamlined. I first talked to a recruiter at my school's career fair and he invited me for a next-day interview. Exactly one week later they contacted me again and said that they wanted me to fly to Kansas for another interview and plant tour.

Cargill paid for everything. Hotel, car rental, and plane tickets were billed directly to them and meals and gas could be reimbursed. I flew into Wichita and drove to Dodge City where the plant is located. There was one other candidate there for the position and we were hosted on a plant tour together in the morning. Then the rest of the day was followed by a series of interviews conducted by various members of the management team. It was supposed to be four separate interviews by 8 different people (two interviewers at a time) but it seemed like everyone was unprepared and unorganized so it ended up being fewer interviewers.

The interviews were extremely casual for the most part. I was asked 2-3 "formal" interview questions per session and the rest was just conversation and question & answer. It was mostly laid-back and non-intimidating. Be sure to do your research on the company because they like to ask why you want to work for Cargill (I talked a lot about the company's missions and goals and how they aligned with my own). And because I was from a big city, almost all of them asked me how I was going to adjust to life in Dodge City. Being able to manage people is also a huge concern since that is what this job basically is. They will ask you how you feel about working with people who don't speak English well (a lot of the workers speak Spanish).

I went to the plant and interviewed on Monday and I got the job offer on Friday. They offered me $49k a year as well as paying for my relocation to Dodge City. They gave me 10 days to accept or decline the offer.

Interview Question – What did you do when the people you managed didn't want to listen to you or work for you?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – After visiting the town in person I decided that it is not the right fit for me. If it was located closer to Wichita or Kansas City then I would have taken it.

Process Engineer Interview

Process Engineer

Interviewed at Cargill Meat Solutions

Interview Details – Had first interview on campus following career fair at the university. Interviewed with three employees. Strictly behavioral. Main concern was whether or not I would have an issue with the slaughter process.

Interview Question – Name a time when you were faced with a difficult challenge. What was the outcome?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Sales Associate
Fort Collins, CO

I applied through college or university and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Cargill Meat Solutions in September 2013.

Interview Details – I met the Cargill college recruiter at a networking event help by my department at school and casually chatted. She asked me to stop by the Cargill table at the university career fair the next day. I went up to the booth and we spoke again briefly about my interest in the sales associate position and she signed me uo for an interview the following day on campus. The following day we met for an interview, one on one with the recruiter. The interview lasted 40 min. and the all the questions asked were behavioral in nature based on past experiences that I have had. The recruiter did ask a few questions not on her prompt that were more specific to me. at the end I had the opportunity to ask her questions as well. I was then invited to Wichita for a second interview two business days following the initial interview. I have not done the second interview as of yet.

Interview Question – How have you worked towards a goal to improve the future of something?   Answer Question

Human Resources Associate Interview

Human Resources Associate

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Cargill Meat Solutions in November 2012.

Interview Details – The interview process was intense. I went through a phone interview first, then I had 4 interviews in one day. After that I was asked to tour a plant and had 4 more interviews there. I received an offer about two days after my trip to the plant. All the questions asked during the interview were behavioral based. Everyone was extremely friendly and they will be a great company to work for!

Interview Question – Every question was situation based- What would you do if...? No question was unexpected through.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation needed. The offer went above my expectations.

Human Resources Associate Interview

Human Resources Associate

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Cargill Meat Solutions in January 2013.

Interview Details – I met 2 recruiters at my college career fair. I was asked if I would like to interview with them the day after the fair. I said yes. The interview lasted about 30 minutes, and was with one of the recruiters who I had met the day before. Basic interview questions were asked and a few that required you to come up with an answer that related directly to Ag. Very laid back interview. They told me it would be about 2 weeks before I can expect to hear back from them.

Interview Question – When have you advocated for Ag?   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Operations Associate Interview

Operations Associate
Fort Collins, CO

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Cargill Meat Solutions in February 2013.

Interview Details – Awful, awful experience. Interviewer was completely sexist and wouldn't interview me because I am a woman and I take pride in my appearance and try to look nice. I applied through my college career website because they requested an interview with me. As soon as I sat down for the interview, the interviewer started talking to me like I was a dumb little girl. He kept asking me if I "understood" the position and if I could "handle" it, as if being a woman made me incapable of any thought. Then he went on to tell me that I should go to their website and apply for something else that "suits me better". Honestly I have never had this happen before. I am mostly offended because he wouldn't even do me the courtesy of going through the interview. He just talked me like I was a bimbo. I would highly discourage applying to this company if you are a woman, unless you want to deal with a bunch of sexist good ol boys.

Interview Question – Didn't even ask me a single question.   Answer Question

Operations Associate Interview

Operations Associate
Ottumwa, IA

I applied through college or university and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Cargill Meat Solutions.

Interview Details – They want to know what your biggest failures in life have been and how you reacted to them. How did you fix your mistakes? What are your goals? Are you available to move around? Don't say no to moving away from your hometown, you will sound weak and uninterested in the posted job.

Interview Question – Explain some of the opportunities for improvement that you noticed in the production area while you were on your tour.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Production Interview

Production
Beardstown, IL

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Cargill Meat Solutions.

Interview Details – The hiring process is a joke. You have to apply over and over again. You also have to call them over and over again to get them to hire you.

Interview Question – There really was no questions that were difficult or unexpected.   Answer Question

Meat Solutions Engineer Interview

Meat Solutions Engineer
Lincoln, NE

The process took a day - interviewed at Cargill Meat Solutions in October 2011.

Interview Details – It was ok. They told me about the job and the position. They asked me some questions like tell me a time when you had a challenging project and how you worked through it. Also tell me a time when you had to explain something technical to someone that doesn't have your background.

Interview Question – Tell me a time when you had an idea how did you go about explaining you idea.   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Cargill Meat Solutions

Worked for Cargill Meat Solutions? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Cargill Meat Solutions interview questions and advice. All 19 interview reviews posted anonymously by Cargill Meat Solutions employees and interview candidates.