Cargill

Updated Nov 9, 2014

41 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Cargill in October 2014.

Interview was pretty staright forward. I have an initial phone screening that was about 45 minds. Then got invited to a "talent day" where I interviewed with 3 managers for 45 minutes each. Finally, I will be meeting with a hiring manager to discuss the details of the position. It seems that their hiring staff is independent of the firm, so something aren't in synced.

Interview Questions
    • Give me a time where you had to be creative in a project where you didn't have ample clarity.   View Answer

Commodity Trader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Cargill.

Talent management group were not official employees of Cargill, which seemed rather odd to have contract employees doing this function but nevertheless interviews eventually brought direct communication with real employees. Questions focused a lot on cultural fit, especially team compatibility, and then separately individual strengths. They clearly focused also on prior salary levels and had some rather strict rules to keep job offers within a tight range around the prior salaries.

Interview Questions
    • Asking how I would deal with managers who were quite hands-on to the point of micromanagement of the responsibilities in the job I was applying for.   View Answer
    there was nearly zero negotiation possible.

Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hopkins, MN

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a dayinterviewed at Cargill.

Questions asked by management were not tricky or hard. They were very easy and anyone who could graduate from high school would be able to answer them with success.

Interview Questions
    • None like I said above nothing difficult about questions.   Answer Question

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hopkins, MN

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Cargill.

I applied for a position I found on Indeed and within a week or two was contacted for a phone interview. I had a 30 minute phone interview with HR -- very basic HR phone interview. After that, I interviewed in person with a team of about 6 managers. I had four 45 minute interviews with either 1-2 people at a time. Most of the interviewers were very laid back and not intimating. There was one person that asked me several behavioral based questions. Within two days of interviewing, they made me an offer.

Interview Questions
    • When was a time you put yourself in a challenging or uncomfortable situation for your own personal development?   Answer Question

Commodity Merchant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wayzata, MN

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Cargill in February 2014.

Applied online. Took a long personality test online. Received a phone call a few days later. Had a phone interview then was flown to Cargill in Minnesota for two sets of interviews both with one trader and one human resources people.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing too difficult. One question was something to the effect of "what factors would you look at when making a trading decision."   View Answer

Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hopkins, MN

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Cargill.

Started with 20 min. phone screen then three rounds of panel interviews with two people each. Ranging from Managers of the Business Unit to people in Finance.

Interview Questions
    • Situation based interview questions. Very friendly and easy going really interested to see how I would fit into the position.   Answer Question

Production Management Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wayzata, MN

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Cargill.

Entire interview and hiring process took ~1.5 months total. First interview was conducted on campus after career fair and only lasted for 20 minutes. Second interview consisted of three 40 minute 1:1 interviews at MN headquarters on talent day. All questions were behavioral type of questions, so prepare examples of leadership experience, conflicts resolution, how you've worked in a team, etc.

Interview Questions
    • No extremely difficult questions.
      Unexpected questions: Describe what pH is and what is the difference between organic and inorganic?

Answer Question
    No negotiation but was offered a very competitive salary.

IT Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Cargill in September 2013.

Interview process was all based on personality and soft skills. Interviewers stated that hard skills can always be taught and emphasized having good soft skills and always continuing to improve.

Interview Questions
    • On a scale of 1 to 5, how interested are you in working with Cargill long term?   Answer Question

Tax Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wayzata, MN

I applied online – interviewed at Cargill.

Went really well. All the interviewers are very professional and friendly.

Marketing Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wayzata, MN

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Cargill.

Formal atmosphere, wear business attire.

Interview Questions
    • They wanted someone with experience in excel, powerpoint, SPSS, and outlook.

1. Tell me a time you oversaw a process from start to finish.
      2. Tell me about a time you contributed to a project.
      3. In your work, when do you know something is going wrong? What puts up red flags in your mind?
      4. What do you want out of an internship here?

Answer Question