Carhartt

Updated Jul 11, 2014

3.1

Web Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dearborn, MI

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Carhartt in October 2012.

First I had an hour long phone interview, then an hour long face to face, then another face to face of one hour. The posted job description did not match the actual job. I was told that the company staffed light. As such, the compensation was lower than market. I let that go and interviewed anyway.

Retail Financial Controller Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dearborn, MI

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Carhartt in March 2012.

Following my resume submission I received an email request to take the nest step, a telephone interview. I was given three different days/times to select from for the call. The call lasted about an hour, then I heard nothing from them until I received a rejection email about a month and a half later.

Interview Questions
    • Why was I looking to come out of retirement at a lower level then when I retired.   View Answer

General Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dearborn, MI

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Carhartt in January 2012.

What a wonderul Compnay with great associates. The interview process was upbeat, timely, efficient, organized and had a great outcome. After the interview I was more excited to work for the Compnay than ever! Great experience!

Interview Questions
    Carhartt was fair in the offer and negotiating process. The offer was consistent with the culture; fair and generous!

Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, KY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, KY

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Carhartt in May 2011.

I experienced a 30 minute screening call with a recruiter, the next day had a 30 minute phone interview with Hiring Manager, and was contacted within 2 hours of phone interview to schedule an on-site interview. On-site interview was 1 hour with a panel of high level administration which included the hiring manager, VP, and director.

Interview Questions
    Easy. Package was presented well by the recruiter.

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dearborn, MI

I applied through other source. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Carhartt in March 2011.

Contacted through a connection on LinkedIn. Phone screen conducted and then a few weeks later brought in for an in person /panel interview. Friendly atmosphere, welcoming employees. Questions were asked from a form they were going off of and additional questions asked based on my responses.

Account Executive Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dearborn, MI

The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Carhartt in February 2009.

Hiring process was pretty basic. As with all jobs, you start with a typical phone interview. They asked the usual interview questions. Then I was called back for a panel interview. I interviewed with three different people and had to conduct a small presentation.

Coordinator Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Carhartt.

I was contacted by an HR representative and did an initial phone interview. I then met with the department manager for an interview. I was contacted about two weeks later with an offer.

Interview Questions
    • The interview questions were pretty basic. For example: Tell me about your self.   Answer Question

Inventory Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Carhartt.

I received an email for the initial screening phone interview with a HR rep which I thought went well. Afterward was asked to do a phone interview with someone in the department where I would be working and again thought it went well. Person seemed excited that I used allocation software at previous employers that Carhartt uses. Got another email from HR rep a few days later asking me to do another phone interview for the next day with a VP. Waited for phone call and it never came so emailed HR rep about an hour or so later to check and see if there was a mistake made about the time. Didn't hear back until three days later and got a rejection email. I found that rather disconcerting considering I never was able to interview with the VP. Emailed HR rep again asking what had happened but never heard back

Interview Questions
    • Can't recall any difficult or unexpected questions. From my experience they were all pretty standard.   Answer Question

Management Interview

The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Carhartt in July 2010.

Although the interview process seemed like a typical interview process, I was concerned about some of the questions. The phone interview was about an hour long, which seemed to be more about them telling me about Carhartt rather than finding out about me. The panel interview seemed disorganized and disjointed. I was asked a few of the same questions as the phone interview and it made me wonder the credibility of the organization. The people seemed easy going and laid back. It seemed like an enjoyable atmosphere.

Interview Questions
    • Tell us about a time in which you wish you would have handled a disagreement between co-workers differently.   Answer Question

I was give a better opportunity elsewhere.

Sales Account Trainee Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Carhartt in May 2008.

They asked me the basic questions; where do I see myself in 10 years, what are my goals, am I a team player or do i work better alone, etc. I was interviewed by the recruiter, director of sales, and another manager.

No negotiation.