Caribou Coffee Barista Interview Questions

Updated Jul 15, 2015

2.2

Barista Interview

Interview

They contacted me via phone and scheduled an interview. I came in and they asked me if I wanted a drink. I sat down with the manager and she asked me questions about how I deal with people that are different then me. It went well!

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Caribou Coffee

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Eagan, MN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Caribou Coffee (Eagan, MN) in December 2014.

Interview

It was a good interview, was easy to talk to the manager. Took about an hour with all the details and questions. I was also informed of the tasks that i will be required to do.

Barista Interview

Interview

Questions were of the standard behavioral "what did you do in this situation?" type. There were a few unusual questions that prospective employees can use to show that they're quirky and super awesome but still completely afraid of not conforming.

Interview Questions

• If you were a drink, what would you be? If you were an animal, what would you be & why?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation, wage is set

Barista Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Caribou Coffee.

Interview

Usually there is 1-2 interviews. You may be interviewed at a job fair by any participating manager, and then you may go through a second interview with the manager at the specific store you're interested in working at. The interviews are usually pretty low key with a comfortable work climate.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bloomington, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Caribou Coffee (Bloomington, MN) in December 2013.

Interview

I had been a customer at Caribou for a bit over a year, so most of the baristas already knew me pretty well. I had no money, and I needed a job that could accommodate High School, so I sent in an application. I didn't hear back for about a week, so I decided to call the store. I was told to call the next morning, when the manager would be there, which I did. We set up an interview time, which we later finalized. If you do not hear back from them within a week, I very strongly recommend following up with them. Caribou offers a free interview drink- I also recommend taking this. It shows that you are actually interested in Caribou Coffee. Avoid getting anything hot, large, or expensive- you don't want to burn yourself, need to use the bathroom, or appear like a freeloader. A sparkling tea is what I went with. At the interview, I think it's important to feel comfortable yet be professional. I knew my interviewer (the assistant store manager) by first name, but I knew that the manager thought I was too energetic and unprofessional. I stressed my community involvement (I'm very involved) and previous job experience, which are both important in my life. The interview lasted about 20 minutes, and the questions were surprisingly easy. There were a few odd personality questions, but most were the standard interview ones. He told me that he would talk to the manager, possibly have me come in for a 2nd interview with a Shift Supervisor, and that he'd get back to me soon. At the end, he informed me that they were looking to hire a different person as well, which got me very nervous. I ended up seeing him a few days later, and he told me that they were looking to hire both me and the other person. Nothing official, but just a heads up. I ended up getting the email confirmation a few days later, and I was officially hired! I'm super excited to start working there, I think it'll be a good fit for my personality. Caribou Coffee, from what I've seen so far, is a great place to work and really cares about their employees. Their "4 values" might seem corny, but they really do make a commitment to adhering to them and using them to motivate all their actions. (Sorry if this was too much information- I was very nervous about my whole process, so I wanted to be as helpful as possible for other people)

Interview Questions

• Which of our drinks fits your personality?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Little Canada, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Caribou Coffee (Little Canada, MN).

Interview

He skipped over all the interview questions and just said "why do you want to work here?" then said "you have a lot of relevant experience, you're hired."

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?   1 Answer

Negotiation

He just skipped

Barista Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Caribou Coffee.

Interview

The interview at Caribou Coffee was very organized and planned. I was invited to a job fair where I sat down with two managers. There were two rounds of interviews. The first seemed to ask very general odd questions- probably to get a feel of your personality. The second round asked about previous experience. They read the questions off a sheet and wrote down my answers. Some questions were very general while others were unique and bizarre.

Interview Questions

• If you could be any animal, what would you be and why?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Glendale, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Caribou Coffee (Glendale, WI) in January 2013.

Interview

I applied online, and at several locations, hoping to hear back from one of them. I heard back from one within the week of applying. Scheduled an interview right away. My first interview was with the shift supervisor. I though it went pretty well. The question were pretty basic, and minimal. He mostly just told me about the job. After the interview, I got a call two days later to schedule a second interview with the manager. Went to the interview and it was a horrible experience. He had his phone on him and kept taking calls, and would walk away to go on the register, and when he would come back he forget where we were and what he had asked. No respect for the interview what so ever. Instantly I did not want to work for this company anymore.

Interview Questions

• -If you were a superhero, who would you be and why? -If you were a pencil stuck in a blender, what would you do? -Talk about a time you didn't understand or like a manager?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Caribou Coffee (Pittsburgh, PA) in April 2012.

Interview

The manager at the time asked me several strange questions, such as "If you were an animal, what animal would you be?" However, the interview was overall fun, and I got free drinks in the meantime.

Interview Questions

• "If you were an animal, what animal would you be?"   1 Answer

Negotiation

Negotiate salary. Starting team member is 7.50 at my store.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bloomington, MN

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Caribou Coffee (Bloomington, MN) in March 2012.

Interview

Went to job fair, sat down with a manager. They ask very quirky questions to get a gage of your personality. Had second interview with another manager back to back. Was hired on the spot.

Interview Questions

• Explain a situation that was difficult to solve, how did you resolve it?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I did not negotiate.