Caribou Coffee Interview Questions

Updated Oct 9, 2014
Updated Oct 9, 2014

2.3

Team Member Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Caribou Coffee.

You are to apply online. I suggest calling the store manager and stating you have applied and would love an interview. Once an interview is set up, it is usually a 1:1 interview with the store manager. If the manager likes you, he or she may request you interview with one of their shift leaders as well. If offered the job, you must submit to a background check that takes 1 whole week. Once that comes up clean, you are hired and begin training.

Interview Questions
    • How would you deal with a co worker who you saw give a free drink out?   Answer Question

I applied online – interviewed at Caribou Coffee.

Applied online, got a call to do a job fair for all the stores in the area. Got offered the job. The interviewers were nice and the questions were funnier than hard. They're looking for personality in their baristas.

Interview Questions
    • If you could be any animal what would you be?   View Answer

Store Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Caribou Coffee.

Have fun, show unique personality. Looking for "can do attitude" and engaging leaders. Typically phone screen and two interviews. Followed by background check and test. Process typically 3 to 4 weeks for managers.

Interview Questions
    • In the story of your life what would the headline read?   Answer Question
    Had to travel to Corporate Headquarters in Mpls (5 hours drive) to meet with Director to have my request considered but did meet my request.

Barista/Greeter Interview

I had two interviews, both of which were positive. I was recommended by a different manager so I kind of knew I would get hired no matter what. Both interviews asked what I would do in particular scenarios, how I reacted to stress, and if I could handle pressure...etc.

Shift Supervisor Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Caribou Coffee.

Basic interview if they like you then you come back in for a second interview with another member of the management team. They are looking for fun energetic people. Bring your A game and your personality to the interview, the want people who are going add to the fun and atmosphere of the business. It is good to laugh and joke around in the interview if it shows your personality. Many managers hire on personality and drive.

Interview Questions
    • If you could have a superpower what would it be and why?   Answer Question

Still Waiting for My Rejection Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Caribou Coffee.

I saw the posting on Indeed, applied online via caribou.com. I was contacted about a week later for a phone screen. I spent 40Min on the phone with HR. I admit my interview skills were rusty and it wasn't my best interview. HR knew very little about the job or the team. The most common answer was "that's a better question for the hiring manager." Let me be clear, in some cases she was right, but to questions like "what are you seeking in a candidate?" this shouldn't be the response. I was disappointed with the minimal knowledge of what they were seeking and it made it hard to best highlight what in my background would be most valuable as it was clear the job description was not a good representation of the skillset needed. I'm sure she had an idea BUT she wasn't able to articulate it. The interview closed with HR promising to contact me by end of week after she talked to the hiring manager (she indicated that she was recommending I would come onsite to interview). Next steps were to come onsite in the next week or two and then a decision would be made. I sent a thank you note via email. By end of week I didn't hear. After a week and a half I sent an email to ask where they were in the process... no response. This was 2 months ago and I still haven't received any acknowledgment of my application. Not even a form email. I obviously get the point, but it takes time to apply, to interview, to send thank yous and I find it to be a big slap in the face that a company doesn't have the courtesy to let me know that I wasn't a fit.

Store Manager Interview

The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Caribou Coffee.

Applied online and within a few days was contacted by email to set up phone interview with a recruiter. Second interview was conducted by a district manager. Was ask to complete an assessment online. Final interview followed assessment.

Team Member Interview

I applied for the job online through the Caribou website after I saw a job opening. I was called for an interview and went in the next day. I interviewed at the store and was hired on the spot by the manager.

Interview Questions
    • What do you do with an unruly customer?   View Answer

Shift Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milwaukee, WI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milwaukee, WI

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Caribou Coffee.

Went to job fair in the store and was hired on the spot. Typical retail employment questions that were easy. Tell us a great customer service experience, are you willing to clean, etc

Interview Questions
    • What was an example of great customer service you experienced?   View Answer
    None

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

I applied online – interviewed at Caribou Coffee.

Phone interview with a corporate recruiter that was hard to get ahold of and not very responsive to emails. It doesn't seem like they have a large HR department because it seems a bit unorganized. Nice recruiter and asked pretty difficult questions for an initial phone screen.