Caribou Coffee Interview Questions

Updated Mar 16, 2015
Updated Mar 16, 2015

2.3

Barista/Greeter Interview

I had two interviews, both of which were positive. I was recommended by a different manager so I kind of knew I would get hired no matter what. Both interviews asked what I would do in particular scenarios, how I reacted to stress, and if I could handle pressure...etc.

Still Waiting for My Rejection Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Caribou Coffee.

I saw the posting on Indeed, applied online via caribou.com. I was contacted about a week later for a phone screen. I spent 40Min on the phone with HR. I admit my interview skills were rusty and it wasn't my best interview. HR knew very little about the job or the team. The most common answer was "that's a better question for the hiring manager." Let me be clear, in some cases she was right, but to questions like "what are you seeking in a candidate?" this shouldn't be the response. I was disappointed with the minimal knowledge of what they were seeking and it made it hard to best highlight what in my background would be most valuable as it was clear the job description was not a good representation of the skillset needed. I'm sure she had an idea BUT she wasn't able to articulate it. The interview closed with HR promising to contact me by end of week after she talked to the hiring manager (she indicated that she was recommending I would come onsite to interview). Next steps were to come onsite in the next week or two and then a decision would be made. I sent a thank you note via email. By end of week I didn't hear. After a week and a half I sent an email to ask where they were in the process... no response. This was 2 months ago and I still haven't received any acknowledgment of my application. Not even a form email. I obviously get the point, but it takes time to apply, to interview, to send thank yous and I find it to be a big slap in the face that a company doesn't have the courtesy to let me know that I wasn't a fit.

Store Manager Interview

The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Caribou Coffee.

Applied online and within a few days was contacted by email to set up phone interview with a recruiter. Second interview was conducted by a district manager. Was ask to complete an assessment online. Final interview followed assessment.

Team Member Interview

I applied for the job online through the Caribou website after I saw a job opening. I was called for an interview and went in the next day. I interviewed at the store and was hired on the spot by the manager.

Interview Questions
    • What do you do with an unruly customer?   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Paul, MN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Paul, MN

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Caribou Coffee in August 2014.

I was interviewed in St. Paul by 3 people. I was slightly confused at first since the questions seemed kind of odd. "How do you eat your Oreos?" "What's your favorite animal?" "If you were a superhero who would you be?" It just seemed slightly odd that I was being asked those questions for a coffee shop. The first guy who interviewed me was nice at first but when I worked with him, he had an attitude and was rude towards me. The second was a female and was super bubbly and nice. The last one was the store manager and asked a few questions and hired me. I liked her for the time I was there training.

Interview Questions
    • "What is your favorite drink at Caribou Coffee?" I love Caribou drinks and it made me wonder if someone who never had Caribou before tried to answer the question. I knew the answer but I loev every single drink that is at Caribou Coffee.   View Answer

Shift Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milwaukee, WI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milwaukee, WI

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Caribou Coffee.

Went to job fair in the store and was hired on the spot. Typical retail employment questions that were easy. Tell us a great customer service experience, are you willing to clean, etc

Interview Questions
    • What was an example of great customer service you experienced?   View Answer
    None

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN
    Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

I applied online – interviewed at Caribou Coffee.

Phone interview with a corporate recruiter that was hard to get ahold of and not very responsive to emails. It doesn't seem like they have a large HR department because it seems a bit unorganized. Nice recruiter and asked pretty difficult questions for an initial phone screen.

Cashier/Barista Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Caribou Coffee.

application online, background check (it took mine 3 weeks to go through dont know why) they call you for an interview, you go in and chat for a bit most questions are simple and easy. they call you to tell you when to start..they dont really train you much just kind of throw you into it all.

Assistant Store Manager Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Caribou Coffee.

Internal promotion; so very lax interview with my current District Manager and one other.

Interview Questions
    • There were no difficult questions as it was an internal promotion; my superiors knew who I was and recommended me for the job anyways.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Caribou Coffee in March 2014.

I applied for the job and got a call 1 week later from the manager, saying she was really excited to set up an interview with me. We set up an interview, and it was such a smooth process! Our interview lasted about 15 minutes long. Overall it was a very casual interview - both of us were wearing jeans and my interviewer was wearing a sweatshirt - and before we got to the actual interview, we both had a casual conversation about ourselves which was a real icebreaker. Halfway through the interview, the interviewer asked me my availability and if I would be fine with $8.25 an hour, and she hired me on the spot.

Interview Questions
    What is your schedule like, and are you okay with a starting pay of $8.25 an hour plus tips? Very easy negotiation.