Caribou Coffee Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Aug 14, 2014
68 interviews

2.3

Team Member/Barista Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Caribou Coffee.

Submit application On-Line. Called by Store manager. Go to Interview. Called and offered position conditional on background check. Receive written offer by email with start date. Accept offer on-line. Authorize background check. Called by store manager that background check was cleared and given orientation date and time.

Interview Questions
    The was no negotiation on salary available.

Barista Interview

Questions were of the standard behavioral "what did you do in this situation?" type. There were a few unusual questions that prospective employees can use to show that they're quirky and super awesome but still completely afraid of not conforming.

Interview Questions
    • If you were a drink, what would you be? If you were an animal, what would you be & why?   View Answer
    No negotiation, wage is set

Barista Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Caribou Coffee.

Usually there is 1-2 interviews. You may be interviewed at a job fair by any participating manager, and then you may go through a second interview with the manager at the specific store you're interested in working at. The interviews are usually pretty low key with a comfortable work climate.

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Raleigh, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 12 months - interviewed at Caribou Coffee in October 2010.

Usually consists of a panel interview lasting 2-3 hours

no negotiations

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Bloomington, MN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bloomington, MN

I interviewed online. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Caribou Coffee in December 2013.

I had been a customer at Caribou for a bit over a year, so most of the baristas already knew me pretty well. I had no money, and I needed a job that could accommodate High School, so I sent in an application. I didn't hear back for about a week, so I decided to call the store. I was told to call the next morning, when the manager would be there, which I did. We set up an interview time, which we later finalized. If you do not hear back from them within a week, I very strongly recommend following up with them.

Caribou offers a free interview drink- I also recommend taking this. It shows that you are actually interested in Caribou Coffee. Avoid getting anything hot, large, or expensive- you don't want to burn yourself, need to use the bathroom, or appear like a freeloader. A sparkling tea is what I went with.

At the interview, I think it's important to feel comfortable yet be professional. I knew my interviewer (the assistant store manager) by first name, but I knew that the manager thought I was too energetic and unprofessional. I stressed my community involvement (I'm very involved) and previous job experience, which are both important in my life.

The interview lasted about 20 minutes, and the questions were surprisingly easy. There were a few odd personality questions, but most were the standard interview ones. He told me that he would talk to the manager, possibly have me come in for a 2nd interview with a Shift Supervisor, and that he'd get back to me soon. At the end, he informed me that they were looking to hire a different person as well, which got me very nervous.

I ended up seeing him a few days later, and he told me that they were looking to hire both me and the other person. Nothing official, but just a heads up. I ended up getting the email confirmation a few days later, and I was officially hired!

I'm super excited to start working there, I think it'll be a good fit for my personality. Caribou Coffee, from what I've seen so far, is a great place to work and really cares about their employees. Their "4 values" might seem corny, but they really do make a commitment to adhering to them and using them to motivate all their actions.

(Sorry if this was too much information- I was very nervous about my whole process, so I wanted to be as helpful as possible for other people)

Interview Questions
    • Which of our drinks fits your personality?   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  West Bloomfield, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Bloomfield, MI

interviewed at Caribou Coffee in January 2009.

Pretty simple. Fill out an application online with basic info. If they have an opening, they'll call you in for a screening interview with one of the shift supervisors. (It's not very hard. Just basically don't sound like an idiot; tell them you want to work hard and that you don't just want the job to meet girls.) After that, you get called back for a second interview with the manager. Answer all their questions and you get the job.

Interview Questions
    • Probably the standard: "What's a difficult task you had to manage?" or "Explain when you took charge of a situation."   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Saint Paul, MN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Paul, MN

I interviewed online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Caribou Coffee in March 2012.

Apply online, call stores that you're interested in and talk with manager, if all goes well you'll be called in for 2 interviews (one with manager, one with assistant manager). Interview is super easy. They ask about job experience, customer service experience, handling stress, working with a team. They ask a few personality questions so they can find friendly, peppy employees.

Interview Questions
    • Awkward personality questions like how do you eat an Oreo, which superhero would you be, and what would be a good trivia question.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Saint Paul, MN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Paul, MN

I interviewed online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Caribou Coffee in October 2013.

It was a pretty long process. It started off with a phone call a couple of days after I sent in my application online. We set up an interview for a few days later. When I got to my interview, the store manager interviewed me first. It was a pretty casual session of questioning. This lasted about 30 minutes. Then, one of the shift supervisors interviewed me. She was on the newer side, so she was pretty slow with her questions. It seemed like a very low pressure situation. They offered me a free drink at the end and then I was on my way. I received a phone call from them a few days later where the manager informed me that I was offered the job. The rest of the process before my training was all done online through their website.

Interview Questions
    • They are very interested in having members there with "unique personalities". There were a few questions about what type of animal you would be and how you eat your oreo cookies. These were very unexpected for me.   Answer Question
    No negotiations for a part-time team member job.

Anonymous Employee  in  Chaska, MN
    Anonymous Employee in Chaska, MN

I interviewed online. The process took 4 days - interviewed at Caribou Coffee in October 2013.

I applied online on October 25th. I was called on October 26th about an Interview. She told me to come in at 3:30pm. I came in, all dressed up and ready for the interview. She still had another interviewee and I waited. I was offered a drink but I declined due to nervousness. But please, accept the offer and tell them how much you like it if it is brought up. She told me about herself and how she got there before asking the questions. She ended up skipping over almost all of them, the interview last 11 minutes. But make sure you dress up for the interview. Most everyone I saw was in jeans/yoga pants and a sweatshirt.

Interview Questions
    • If you were a Caribou Coffee drink, what would you be?   View Answer
    • What was a recent difficult situation you were put through?   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Little Canada, MN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Little Canada, MN

I interviewed online. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Caribou Coffee.

He skipped over all the interview questions and just said "why do you want to work here?" then said "you have a lot of relevant experience, you're hired."

He just skipped