Caribou Coffee Interview Questions

Updated Aug 14, 2015

2.2

Anonymous Employee in Saint Paul, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Caribou Coffee (Saint Paul, MN) in August 2014.

Interview

I was interviewed in St. Paul by 3 people. I was slightly confused at first since the questions seemed kind of odd. "How do you eat your Oreos?" "What's your favorite animal?" "If you were a superhero who would you be?" It just seemed slightly odd that I was being asked those questions for a coffee shop. The first guy who interviewed me was nice at first but when I worked with him, he had an attitude and was rude towards me. The second was a female and was super bubbly and nice. The last one was the store manager and asked a few questions and hired me. I liked her for the time I was there training.

Interview Questions

• "What is your favorite drink at Caribou Coffee?" I love Caribou drinks and it made me wonder if someone who never had Caribou before tried to answer the question. I knew the answer but I loev every single drink that is at Caribou Coffee.   1 Answer

Shift Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Caribou Coffee (Milwaukee, WI).

Interview

Went to job fair in the store and was hired on the spot. Typical retail employment questions that were easy. Tell us a great customer service experience, are you willing to clean, etc

Interview Questions

• What was an example of great customer service you experienced?   1 Answer

Negotiation

None

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Caribou Coffee (Minneapolis, MN).

Interview

Phone interview with a corporate recruiter that was hard to get ahold of and not very responsive to emails. It doesn't seem like they have a large HR department because it seems a bit unorganized. Nice recruiter and asked pretty difficult questions for an initial phone screen.

Cashier/Barista Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Caribou Coffee.

Interview

application online, background check (it took mine 3 weeks to go through dont know why) they call you for an interview, you go in and chat for a bit most questions are simple and easy. they call you to tell you when to start..they dont really train you much just kind of throw you into it all.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Caribou Coffee.

Interview

Internal promotion; so very lax interview with my current District Manager and one other.

Interview Questions

• There were no difficult questions as it was an internal promotion; my superiors knew who I was and recommended me for the job anyways.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Caribou Coffee (Minneapolis, MN) in March 2014.

Interview

I applied for the job and got a call 1 week later from the manager, saying she was really excited to set up an interview with me. We set up an interview, and it was such a smooth process! Our interview lasted about 15 minutes long. Overall it was a very casual interview - both of us were wearing jeans and my interviewer was wearing a sweatshirt - and before we got to the actual interview, we both had a casual conversation about ourselves which was a real icebreaker. Halfway through the interview, the interviewer asked me my availability and if I would be fine with $8.25 an hour, and she hired me on the spot.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

What is your schedule like, and are you okay with a starting pay of $8.25 an hour plus tips? Very easy negotiation.

Team Member/Barista Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Caribou Coffee.

Interview

Submit application On-Line. Called by Store manager. Go to Interview. Called and offered position conditional on background check. Receive written offer by email with start date. Accept offer on-line. Authorize background check. Called by store manager that background check was cleared and given orientation date and time.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

The was no negotiation on salary available.

Barista Interview

Interview

Questions were of the standard behavioral "what did you do in this situation?" type. There were a few unusual questions that prospective employees can use to show that they're quirky and super awesome but still completely afraid of not conforming.

Interview Questions

• If you were a drink, what would you be? If you were an animal, what would you be & why?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation, wage is set

Barista Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Caribou Coffee.

Interview

Usually there is 1-2 interviews. You may be interviewed at a job fair by any participating manager, and then you may go through a second interview with the manager at the specific store you're interested in working at. The interviews are usually pretty low key with a comfortable work climate.

Anonymous Employee in La Crosse, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Caribou Coffee (La Crosse, WI) in January 2014.

Interview

I Applied and I was called back less than a week later and then a second interview was scheduled a few days afterwards. The whole process took less than 10 days.

Interview Questions

• They asked some pretty silly questions like if you were a superhero who would you be and why? How do you eat your oreo cookie? If you were an animal what would you be and why? There were some serious questions too , pretty standard stuff like why do you want to work hear and what does customer service mean to you?. Pretty laid back and easy interview.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Flat $8 an hour , no negotiation.