Caribou Coffee

Relevance Date Difficulty

Shift Supervisor Interview

Shift Supervisor

Interviewed at Caribou Coffee

Interview Details – Sat down with the manager. Asked goofy questions like how I ate an Oreo and what animal I'd be if I needed to chose. Asked about my work ethic and previous job experience. Nothing out of the ordinary or too difficult to answer.

Interview Question – How I ate my Oreo and what superhero I would be and why.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Ask about the pay. I seemed very under payed for the job and responsibilities I had.

Interviewed at Caribou Coffee

Interview Details – I was telephoned by a recruiter, then scheduled a face to face interview. The interview lasted over two hours.

Interview Question – I don't remember specifics. The questions mostly centered around work scenerios and prior experience.   Answer Question

Barista Interview

Barista
Pittsburgh, PA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Caribou Coffee in April 2012.

Interview Details – The manager at the time asked me several strange questions, such as "If you were an animal, what animal would you be?" However, the interview was overall fun, and I got free drinks in the meantime.

Interview Question – "If you were an animal, what animal would you be?"   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Negotiate salary. Starting team member is 7.50 at my store.

Team Member Interview

Team Member

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Caribou Coffee.

Interview Details – I got a phone call for an interview the same day that I applied. If there is an opening at the location you apply for they will call you for an interview.

Interview Question – They ask you how you eat an oreo. Not a hard question but just unexpected!   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was able to negotiate a higher hourly rate by 25 cents more than they offered me!

Manager Interview

Manager

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Caribou Coffee in February 2010.

Interview Details – Honest interview with some out of the ordinary questions.

Interview Question – Questions may change but usually something like if you were a superhero who would it be?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They set their salary and will no budge.

Store Manager

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Caribou Coffee.

Interview Details – Process took longer than expected. Interview to job offer was almost three months, but I believe the company was going through a new hiring/pay structure change at exactly that time. Began with a brief phone screen interview with the typical questions. I was called a week later to set up an in-person interview with who would be my district manager. We met at a cafe and talked for two hours. It was structured with a template of questions, but nothing intimidating.

Interview Question – Most unexpected - if you could be any superhero, who would you be and why.
Most difficult - what does "an extraordinary experience that feeds the soul mean to you?"
  Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I'm not very good at negotiating, so I took what I was offered, which was two grand more than the same position for a different company

District Manager Interview

District Manager
Chicago, IL

I applied through other source and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Caribou Coffee in February 2010.

Interview Details – My process was simple, I knew someone on the inside, therefore only had one interview and it was very conversational about myself and the relationship I had with the person on the inside,

Interview Question – I never had on interview typecquestion, it was about who I knew   Answer Question

Store Manager In Training Interview

Store Manager In Training
Minneapolis, MN

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Caribou Coffee in February 2012.

Interview Details – Phone interview by a human resources person followed by multiple interviews with district managers. Some of the questions were serious others are typical of Caribou Coffee and are silly in nature like if you were a super hero what one would you be and why. I ended up having the majority of interviews at a jobfair which I was asked to attend after my phone interview. Each was with a different district manager. There were three interviews total.

Interview Question – I personally thought the superhero question mentioned above was difficult since I am not familiar with many superheros.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There weren't many negotiations.

Store Manager

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Caribou Coffee in November 2012.

Interview Details – Two interviews. One with a District manager, one with another Store Manager.

Interview Question – Most fun interview I'd been to - Best question - If you were a Super Hero, what would your super power be?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No Negotiation. I wanted the job.

Cashier Interview

Cashier
Dayton, OH

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Caribou Coffee in May 2009.

Interview Details – I turned in an application and went to a local restaurant to grab a bite to eat. The manager called me back almost immediately and was available to interview at that moment. We spoke at length very casually. He seemed to understand that this was an easy job, and was more feeling around to see how my personality matched.

Interview Question – Can you make an iced cappuccino?   View Answer