Caribou Coffee Interview Questions & Reviews

2.3

Shift Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 4 days - interviewed at Caribou Coffee in September 2013.

The interview took place at a job fair downtown Chicago it lasted approx. 30 min there were two recruiters that interviewed me the interview was average not the most difficult I have ever encountered To work here its more not what you know but who you know
    they tend hire people who are connected to team members, shift supervisors, and
    are managers within thier stores

Interview Questions
    • what does spontaneous mean to you?
      what does customer service mean to you?
      how do you make a peanut butter jelly sandwich?
      What risk have you taken when supervising?
        Answer Question
    Pay was negotiable I gave them a minimal and they met just that!

Shift Supervisor Interview

Sat down with the manager. Asked goofy questions like how I ate an Oreo and what animal I'd be if I needed to chose. Asked about my work ethic and previous job experience. Nothing out of the ordinary or too difficult to answer.

Interview Questions
    • How I ate my Oreo and what superhero I would be and why.   Answer Question
    Ask about the pay. I seemed very under payed for the job and responsibilities I had.

Store Manager Interview

I was telephoned by a recruiter, then scheduled a face to face interview. The interview lasted over two hours.

Interview Questions
    • I don't remember specifics. The questions mostly centered around work scenerios and prior experience.   Answer Question

Barista Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Pittsburgh, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

I interviewed online. The process took a day - interviewed at Caribou Coffee in April 2012.

The manager at the time asked me several strange questions, such as "If you were an animal, what animal would you be?" However, the interview was overall fun, and I got free drinks in the meantime.

Interview Questions
    • "If you were an animal, what animal would you be?"   View Answer
    Negotiate salary. Starting team member is 7.50 at my store.

Team Member Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Caribou Coffee.

I got a phone call for an interview the same day that I applied. If there is an opening at the location you apply for they will call you for an interview.

Interview Questions
    • They ask you how you eat an oreo. Not a hard question but just unexpected!   Answer Question
    I was able to negotiate a higher hourly rate by 25 cents more than they offered me!

Manager Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Caribou Coffee in February 2010.

Honest interview with some out of the ordinary questions.

Interview Questions
    • Questions may change but usually something like if you were a superhero who would it be?   Answer Question
    They set their salary and will no budge.

Store Manager Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Caribou Coffee.

Process took longer than expected. Interview to job offer was almost three months, but I believe the company was going through a new hiring/pay structure change at exactly that time. Began with a brief phone screen interview with the typical questions. I was called a week later to set up an in-person interview with who would be my district manager. We met at a cafe and talked for two hours. It was structured with a template of questions, but nothing intimidating.

Interview Questions
    • Most unexpected - if you could be any superhero, who would you be and why.
      Most difficult - what does "an extraordinary experience that feeds the soul mean to you?"
        Answer Question
    I'm not very good at negotiating, so I took what I was offered, which was two grand more than the same position for a different company

District Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I interviewed through other source. The process took 4 days - interviewed at Caribou Coffee in February 2010.

My process was simple, I knew someone on the inside, therefore only had one interview and it was very conversational about myself and the relationship I had with the person on the inside,

Interview Questions
    • I never had on interview typecquestion, it was about who I knew   Answer Question

Store Manager In Training Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Minneapolis, MN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

I interviewed online. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Caribou Coffee in February 2012.

Phone interview by a human resources person followed by multiple interviews with district managers. Some of the questions were serious others are typical of Caribou Coffee and are silly in nature like if you were a super hero what one would you be and why. I ended up having the majority of interviews at a jobfair which I was asked to attend after my phone interview. Each was with a different district manager. There were three interviews total.

Interview Questions
    • I personally thought the superhero question mentioned above was difficult since I am not familiar with many superheros.   Answer Question
    There weren't many negotiations.

Store Manager Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Caribou Coffee in November 2012.

Two interviews. One with a District manager, one with another Store Manager.

Interview Questions
    • Most fun interview I'd been to - Best question - If you were a Super Hero, what would your super power be?   Answer Question
    No Negotiation. I wanted the job.