Caribou Coffee Interview Questions in Minnesota

2.3

Barista/Team Member Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Paul, MN
    Anonymous Employee in Saint Paul, MN

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Caribou Coffee in March 2015.

Like most people I applied online to multiple locations around my area. The application was easy enough and I appreciated that I was able to instantly show my interest to other locations with the check of a box.

I got a call four days later from one of the managers saying he "stumbled across my application" and would like to set up an interview a couple days later.

I arrived 10 minutes early, was given a free drink, and was asked to take a seat and wait until the manager got back from the bank. When the manager finally returned his employees tried to tell him I was here for an interview but their words fell of def ears. Once the interview began the questions seemed a little odd. Few of the ones in the beginning were even about me. Instead he asked me about how I thought his current team worked together (I had never seen any of them before entering for the interview) and how the customer care was based on what I had observed waiting for the interview. He also questioned me on what I thought about the stores product display as well as its cleanliness. He interrupted the interview twice to chat to people leaving the building, as well as help an employee. The rest of the time was approximately 35 more minutes of him asking me "Tell me a time when you..." questions which were extremely annoying to answer especially since be seemed to become less interested in my answers as the interview progressed. None of the questions seemed to assess my abilities or interests and I had to make an effort to mention my strengths, values, or who I was as a person. Unless what animal or drink I would be and how I eat an Oreo is all he needs.

At the end of the interview he made me a job offer which he said he did at the end of all interviews because he liked to see people's reactions which In my opinion is not why you should offer someone a job. display

Interview Questions

I accepted the offer after the interview, however I am planning on calling tomorrow to say I don't think I'm the person he's looking for. I was honestly very unimpressed the the amount of unprofessionalism shown during the interview process and I could feel I was not going to get along with the manager. I am away from the interview asking myself what I had just done?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Caribou Coffee in February 2015.

When I came in, they asked me to sit at one of the tables and wait for a few minutes for the interview. The woman who interviewed me was very friendly and laid back, it seemed like a conversation with a friend rather than an actual interview. It went very well, none of the questions were extremely difficult and some of them were not standard interview questions, such as "What animal would you be and why?". I think they're mostly after a good and friendly personality. After I had finished with the woman, she even offered me a free drink. Then her boss came over and talked with me about my availability and after I told him he told me he would email me a job offer and welcomed me to the team.

Interview Questions
    • If you were an animal/drink, what would you be and why?   Answer Question

Shift Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Caribou Coffee in October 2014.

Submitted an application online. Got an email a few days later, in person interview a couple days after that. The interview was great, felt like a conversation with a human (not reading predesigned questions from a page). All but received the job during the interview. Had a follow-up with a different manager the next day and accepted the offer proposed.

Interview Questions
    • It was mostly conversational (but informative) questions like to describe myself and why I want to work at Caribou. They do like to throw in a question or two that are a bit silly to gauge how you answer them. Such as "describe an apple".   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Paul, MN

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Caribou Coffee in August 2014.

I was interviewed in St. Paul by 3 people. I was slightly confused at first since the questions seemed kind of odd. "How do you eat your Oreos?" "What's your favorite animal?" "If you were a superhero who would you be?" It just seemed slightly odd that I was being asked those questions for a coffee shop. The first guy who interviewed me was nice at first but when I worked with him, he had an attitude and was rude towards me. The second was a female and was super bubbly and nice. The last one was the store manager and asked a few questions and hired me. I liked her for the time I was there training.

Interview Questions
    • "What is your favorite drink at Caribou Coffee?" I love Caribou drinks and it made me wonder if someone who never had Caribou before tried to answer the question. I knew the answer but I loev every single drink that is at Caribou Coffee.   View Answer

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN
    Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

I applied online – interviewed at Caribou Coffee.

Phone interview with a corporate recruiter that was hard to get ahold of and not very responsive to emails. It doesn't seem like they have a large HR department because it seems a bit unorganized. Nice recruiter and asked pretty difficult questions for an initial phone screen.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Caribou Coffee in March 2014.

I applied for the job and got a call 1 week later from the manager, saying she was really excited to set up an interview with me. We set up an interview, and it was such a smooth process! Our interview lasted about 15 minutes long. Overall it was a very casual interview - both of us were wearing jeans and my interviewer was wearing a sweatshirt - and before we got to the actual interview, we both had a casual conversation about ourselves which was a real icebreaker. Halfway through the interview, the interviewer asked me my availability and if I would be fine with $8.25 an hour, and she hired me on the spot.

Interview Questions
    What is your schedule like, and are you okay with a starting pay of $8.25 an hour plus tips? Very easy negotiation.

Barista Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bloomington, MN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bloomington, MN

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Caribou Coffee in December 2013.

I had been a customer at Caribou for a bit over a year, so most of the baristas already knew me pretty well. I had no money, and I needed a job that could accommodate High School, so I sent in an application. I didn't hear back for about a week, so I decided to call the store. I was told to call the next morning, when the manager would be there, which I did. We set up an interview time, which we later finalized. If you do not hear back from them within a week, I very strongly recommend following up with them.

Caribou offers a free interview drink- I also recommend taking this. It shows that you are actually interested in Caribou Coffee. Avoid getting anything hot, large, or expensive- you don't want to burn yourself, need to use the bathroom, or appear like a freeloader. A sparkling tea is what I went with.

At the interview, I think it's important to feel comfortable yet be professional. I knew my interviewer (the assistant store manager) by first name, but I knew that the manager thought I was too energetic and unprofessional. I stressed my community involvement (I'm very involved) and previous job experience, which are both important in my life.

The interview lasted about 20 minutes, and the questions were surprisingly easy. There were a few odd personality questions, but most were the standard interview ones. He told me that he would talk to the manager, possibly have me come in for a 2nd interview with a Shift Supervisor, and that he'd get back to me soon. At the end, he informed me that they were looking to hire a different person as well, which got me very nervous.

I ended up seeing him a few days later, and he told me that they were looking to hire both me and the other person. Nothing official, but just a heads up. I ended up getting the email confirmation a few days later, and I was officially hired!

I'm super excited to start working there, I think it'll be a good fit for my personality. Caribou Coffee, from what I've seen so far, is a great place to work and really cares about their employees. Their "4 values" might seem corny, but they really do make a commitment to adhering to them and using them to motivate all their actions.

(Sorry if this was too much information- I was very nervous about my whole process, so I wanted to be as helpful as possible for other people)

Interview Questions
    • Which of our drinks fits your personality?   View Answer

Barista Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Little Canada, MN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Little Canada, MN

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Caribou Coffee.

He skipped over all the interview questions and just said "why do you want to work here?" then said "you have a lot of relevant experience, you're hired."

He just skipped

Anonymous Employee in Chaska, MN
    Anonymous Employee in Chaska, MN

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Caribou Coffee in October 2013.

I applied online on October 25th. I was called on October 26th about an Interview. She told me to come in at 3:30pm. I came in, all dressed up and ready for the interview. She still had another interviewee and I waited. I was offered a drink but I declined due to nervousness. But please, accept the offer and tell them how much you like it if it is brought up. She told me about herself and how she got there before asking the questions. She ended up skipping over almost all of them, the interview last 11 minutes. But make sure you dress up for the interview. Most everyone I saw was in jeans/yoga pants and a sweatshirt.

Interview Questions
    • If you were a Caribou Coffee drink, what would you be?   View Answer
    • What was a recent difficult situation you were put through?   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Paul, MN

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Caribou Coffee in October 2013.

It was a pretty long process. It started off with a phone call a couple of days after I sent in my application online. We set up an interview for a few days later. When I got to my interview, the store manager interviewed me first. It was a pretty casual session of questioning. This lasted about 30 minutes. Then, one of the shift supervisors interviewed me. She was on the newer side, so she was pretty slow with her questions. It seemed like a very low pressure situation. They offered me a free drink at the end and then I was on my way. I received a phone call from them a few days later where the manager informed me that I was offered the job. The rest of the process before my training was all done online through their website.

Interview Questions
    • They are very interested in having members there with "unique personalities". There were a few questions about what type of animal you would be and how you eat your oreo cookies. These were very unexpected for me.   Answer Question
    No negotiations for a part-time team member job.