Caribou Coffee Shift Supervisor Interview Questions

Updated Oct 29, 2014
Updated Oct 29, 2014

2.4

Shift Supervisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Caribou Coffee (Minneapolis, MN) in October 2014.

Interview

Submitted an application online. Got an email a few days later, in person interview a couple days after that. The interview was great, felt like a conversation with a human (not reading predesigned questions from a page). All but received the job during the interview. Had a follow-up with a different manager the next day and accepted the offer proposed.

Interview Questions

• It was mostly conversational (but informative) questions like to describe myself and why I want to work at Caribou. They do like to throw in a question or two that are a bit silly to gauge how you answer them. Such as "describe an apple".   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Caribou Coffee

Shift Supervisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Caribou Coffee.

Interview

Basic interview if they like you then you come back in for a second interview with another member of the management team. They are looking for fun energetic people. Bring your A game and your personality to the interview, the want people who are going add to the fun and atmosphere of the business. It is good to laugh and joke around in the interview if it shows your personality. Many managers hire on personality and drive.

Interview Questions

• If you could have a superpower what would it be and why?   Answer Question

Shift Supervisor Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Caribou Coffee (Milwaukee, WI).

Interview

Went to job fair in the store and was hired on the spot. Typical retail employment questions that were easy. Tell us a great customer service experience, are you willing to clean, etc

Interview Questions

• What was an example of great customer service you experienced?   1 Answer

Negotiation

None

Shift Supervisor Interview

Interview

Sat down with the manager. Asked goofy questions like how I ate an Oreo and what animal I'd be if I needed to chose. Asked about my work ethic and previous job experience. Nothing out of the ordinary or too difficult to answer.

Interview Questions

• How I ate my Oreo and what superhero I would be and why.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Ask about the pay. I seemed very under payed for the job and responsibilities I had.

Shift Supervisor Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Caribou Coffee (Chicago, IL) in September 2013.

Interview

The interview took place at a job fair downtown Chicago it lasted approx. 30 min there were two recruiters that interviewed me the interview was average not the most difficult I have ever encountered To work here its more not what you know but who you know
    they tend hire people who are connected to team members, shift supervisors, and
    are managers within thier stores

Interview Questions

• what does spontaneous mean to you?
      what does customer service mean to you?
      how do you make a peanut butter jelly sandwich?
      What risk have you taken when supervising?

Answer Question

Negotiation

Pay was negotiable I gave them a minimal and they met just that!

Shift Supervisor Interview

Application

The process took a dayinterviewed at Caribou Coffee in April 2012.

Interview

The process went quickly. I interviewed with the District Manager and received a phone call with a job offer later that evening.

Interview Questions

• How do you make a peanut butter and jelly sandwich?   1 Answer
    • How do you prioritize?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Not much room to negotiate. I gave them a minimum, and that is what they met.

Shift Supervisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Caribou Coffee in April 2011.

Interview

I submitted my application online and received a call back within a few days to schedule an in-person interview with the store manager. It was a typical interview consisting of questions about leadership and customer service along with my experience in cafes. Received a call about a week later offering me a position.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a difficult position you've been in as a supervisor and how you overcame it.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Initial offer was just under minimum wage and would have been a $3 an hour pay cut. Declined the offer and received a call later to increase the offer and I accepted.

Shift Supervisor Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Caribou Coffee in April 2010.

Interview

I came to the store and the shift supervisor sat me down and ran through some questions with me. It was fairly laid back with minimal pressure and the tone was very conversational. The work culture seemed genuine and the employees seemed to really get along.

Shift Supervisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Caribou Coffee in March 2010.

Interview

They called me to set up the interview.

Interview Questions

• What was the hardest thing that you ever had to teach someone?   Answer Question