Caribou Coffee

Updated Sep 18, 2014

2.3

12 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Store Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Caribou Coffee.

Have fun, show unique personality. Looking for "can do attitude" and engaging leaders. Typically phone screen and two interviews. Followed by background check and test. Process typically 3 to 4 weeks for managers.

Interview Questions
  • In the story of your life what would the headline read?   Answer Question
Had to travel to Corporate Headquarters in Mpls (5 hours drive) to meet with Director to have my request considered but did meet my request.

Other Interview Reviews for Caribou Coffee

Store Manager Interview

The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Caribou Coffee.

Applied online and within a few days was contacted by email to set up phone interview with a recruiter. Second interview was conducted by a district manager. Was ask to complete an assessment online. Final interview followed assessment.

Store Manager Interview

I was telephoned by a recruiter, then scheduled a face to face interview. The interview lasted over two hours.

Interview Questions
    • I don't remember specifics. The questions mostly centered around work scenerios and prior experience.   Answer Question

Store Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Caribou Coffee.

Process took longer than expected. Interview to job offer was almost three months, but I believe the company was going through a new hiring/pay structure change at exactly that time. Began with a brief phone screen interview with the typical questions. I was called a week later to set up an in-person interview with who would be my district manager. We met at a cafe and talked for two hours. It was structured with a template of questions, but nothing intimidating.

Interview Questions
    • Most unexpected - if you could be any superhero, who would you be and why.
      Most difficult - what does "an extraordinary experience that feeds the soul mean to you?"
        Answer Question
    I'm not very good at negotiating, so I took what I was offered, which was two grand more than the same position for a different company

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Caribou Coffee in February 2013.

Applied online. Setup interview a week later. Skipped phone interview. Interviewed with a field recruiter and 2 district managers in same day. Got a call back from district manager with offer 2.5 weeks after interview.

Interview Questions
    No real negotiation. Take it or leave it.

Store Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Caribou Coffee in November 2012.

Two interviews. One with a District manager, one with another Store Manager.

Interview Questions
    • Most fun interview I'd been to - Best question - If you were a Super Hero, what would your super power be?   Answer Question
    No Negotiation. I wanted the job.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Caribou Coffee in January 2011.

Personable company with clear intentions. The interview process took longer than expected. Phone interview one week after initial application. This was quick and easy. Two person reference check. 1st level interview the same week. 2nd round the next week. Took a while to receive a call back after 2nd interview. Offer came with call back.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 12+ monthsinterviewed at Caribou Coffee in October 2010.

Usually consists of a panel interview lasting 2-3 hours

no negotiations

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online – interviewed at Caribou Coffee in June 2008.

Phone Interivew
    1x1 AD interview
    Panel Interview

Interview Questions
    • No really difficult questions, just unexpected about what kind of drink would you be, what super hero would you be.   Answer Question

Store Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Caribou Coffee in June 2011.

Lots of emails and phone calls with 1-1 interviews and phone interviews and panel interviews

Interview Questions
    There is no negotiation .. it is take it or leave it ...