Caribou Coffee

Average Difficulty
10 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Raleigh, NC

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 12 months - interviewed at Caribou Coffee in October 2010.

Interview Details – Usually consists of a panel interview lasting 2-3 hours

Interview Question – Standard interview questions   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no negotiations

Interviewed at Caribou Coffee

Interview Details – I was telephoned by a recruiter, then scheduled a face to face interview. The interview lasted over two hours.

Interview Question – I don't remember specifics. The questions mostly centered around work scenerios and prior experience.   Answer Question

Store Manager

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Caribou Coffee.

Interview Details – Process took longer than expected. Interview to job offer was almost three months, but I believe the company was going through a new hiring/pay structure change at exactly that time. Began with a brief phone screen interview with the typical questions. I was called a week later to set up an in-person interview with who would be my district manager. We met at a cafe and talked for two hours. It was structured with a template of questions, but nothing intimidating.

Interview Question – Most unexpected - if you could be any superhero, who would you be and why.
Most difficult - what does "an extraordinary experience that feeds the soul mean to you?"
  Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I'm not very good at negotiating, so I took what I was offered, which was two grand more than the same position for a different company

Store Manager

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Caribou Coffee in November 2012.

Interview Details – Two interviews. One with a District manager, one with another Store Manager.

Interview Question – Most fun interview I'd been to - Best question - If you were a Super Hero, what would your super power be?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No Negotiation. I wanted the job.

Minneapolis, MN

I applied online and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Caribou Coffee in February 2013.

Interview Details – Applied online. Setup interview a week later. Skipped phone interview. Interviewed with a field recruiter and 2 district managers in same day. Got a call back from district manager with offer 2.5 weeks after interview.

Interview Question – What superhero would you be?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No real negotiation. Take it or leave it.

Very Easy Interview

Chicago, IL

I applied online - interviewed at Caribou Coffee in June 2008.

Interview Details – Phone Interivew
1x1 AD interview
Panel Interview

Interview Question – No really difficult questions, just unexpected about what kind of drink would you be, what super hero would you be.   Answer Question

Minneapolis, MN

The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Caribou Coffee in January 2011.

Interview Details – Personable company with clear intentions. The interview process took longer than expected. Phone interview one week after initial application. This was quick and easy. Two person reference check. 1st level interview the same week. 2nd round the next week. Took a while to receive a call back after 2nd interview. Offer came with call back.

Interview Question – If you could be any animal what would it be?   Answer Question

Store Manager

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Caribou Coffee in June 2011.

Interview Details – Lots of emails and phone calls with 1-1 interviews and phone interviews and panel interviews

Interview Question – Discuss your weaknesses   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There is no negotiation .. it is take it or leave it ...

Very Easy Interview

Store Manager

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Caribou Coffee in March 2008.

Interview Details – This was a very long, back and forth process. Multiple phone interviews, 1 on 1's, and talking to too many different people. I should have turned away then. Silly, non-specific questions. My final phone interview was about 30 min and was mainly about my fav baseball team. Then to top it off after I was hired, I was tod multiple times that I was not their first choice!

Interview Question – Discribe what you enjoy most about work   View Answer

Store Manager

The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Caribou Coffee in May 2009.

Interview Details – The first interview I had was with someone from human resources and it was a phone interview. It took about 20 minutes and asked very basic questions regarding relevant work experience. Before the second interview I had to take a online assessment test that took about 90 minutes to complete. It consisted of of a combination of ranking whats most important to you regarding your personality or what you look for in a company. Also included are questions that you have to analyze graphs, answer math questions. The second interview was also a phone interview with someone from human resources which took about 45 minutes. They asked mostly behavioral questions and asked more about relevant experience. The third interview was with a district manager and took a little more than an hour. They asked more behavioral questions and questions trying to find out more about my personality. The interview took place in a one of the stores. At the end of the interview I was expecting to find out if I got the job or not but the district manager said that there need to be another interview, this time it will be with a couple district managers and myself.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you positively affected your company and what was the outcome.   Answer Question
  • Tell me about a time you had to coach an employee, what did you talk about, why, and what was the outcome?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I chose to decline the next interview because they offered to pay me 36k a year for being a store manager, which I felt was really low pay for the responsibilities and hours (weekends, nights, about 45+ hrs a week) that I had to work.

Worked for Caribou Coffee? Contribute to the Community!