Caribou Coffee Team Member Interview Questions

Updated Aug 14, 2014

2.3

25 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Team Member Interview

I applied for the job online through the Caribou website after I saw a job opening. I was called for an interview and went in the next day. I interviewed at the store and was hired on the spot by the manager.

Interview Questions
  • What do you do with an unruly customer?   View Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Caribou Coffee

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Minneapolis, MN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Caribou Coffee in April 2013.

You submit online, whole process takes about 2 weeks or so. At my particular location the manager who is awesome has a hard time getting people to apply which doesn't make much sense to me because its a great part time job.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Minneapolis, MN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Caribou Coffee in March 2014.

I applied for the job and got a call 1 week later from the manager, saying she was really excited to set up an interview with me. We set up an interview, and it was such a smooth process! Our interview lasted about 15 minutes long. Overall it was a very casual interview - both of us were wearing jeans and my interviewer was wearing a sweatshirt - and before we got to the actual interview, we both had a casual conversation about ourselves which was a real icebreaker. Halfway through the interview, the interviewer asked me my availability and if I would be fine with $8.25 an hour, and she hired me on the spot.

Interview Questions
    What is your schedule like, and are you okay with a starting pay of $8.25 an hour plus tips? Very easy negotiation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Monona, WI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Monona, WI

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Caribou Coffee in July 2012.

A friend from high school stated that they were looking for a team member. Without her, I don't think I would've been offered a job. All applications are sought out online. I applied through the website and didn't receive word for a few days (which is normal). A week later, after asking the general managers schedule through my friend, I decided to walk-in and ask about my application process. From there it was simple. Since Caribou is an energy driven customer service, the general manager had had little time to contact me. I set up an interview within that time and sat down to answer some questions a few days later. Like most food (even though drink) service jobs, the interview was fast and considerably easy. A few strange questions were thrown in, but I enjoyed those the most. A few days later, he called andI accepted the position. We talked via phone about my availability and started later that week.

Interview Questions
    • What animal would you say you identify with?   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  La Crosse, WI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in La Crosse, WI

I applied online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Caribou Coffee in January 2014.

I Applied and I was called back less than a week later and then a second interview was scheduled a few days afterwards. The whole process took less than 10 days.

Interview Questions
    • They asked some pretty silly questions like if you were a superhero who would you be and why? How do you eat your oreo cookie? If you were an animal what would you be and why? There were some serious questions too , pretty standard stuff like why do you want to work hear and what does customer service mean to you?. Pretty laid back and easy interview.   View Answer
    Flat $8 an hour , no negotiation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  West Bloomfield, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Bloomfield, MI

interviewed at Caribou Coffee in January 2009.

Pretty simple. Fill out an application online with basic info. If they have an opening, they'll call you in for a screening interview with one of the shift supervisors. (It's not very hard. Just basically don't sound like an idiot; tell them you want to work hard and that you don't just want the job to meet girls.) After that, you get called back for a second interview with the manager. Answer all their questions and you get the job.

Interview Questions
    • Probably the standard: "What's a difficult task you had to manage?" or "Explain when you took charge of a situation."   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Saint Paul, MN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Paul, MN

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Caribou Coffee in March 2012.

Apply online, call stores that you're interested in and talk with manager, if all goes well you'll be called in for 2 interviews (one with manager, one with assistant manager). Interview is super easy. They ask about job experience, customer service experience, handling stress, working with a team. They ask a few personality questions so they can find friendly, peppy employees.

Interview Questions
    • Awkward personality questions like how do you eat an Oreo, which superhero would you be, and what would be a good trivia question.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Saint Paul, MN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Paul, MN

I applied online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Caribou Coffee in October 2013.

It was a pretty long process. It started off with a phone call a couple of days after I sent in my application online. We set up an interview for a few days later. When I got to my interview, the store manager interviewed me first. It was a pretty casual session of questioning. This lasted about 30 minutes. Then, one of the shift supervisors interviewed me. She was on the newer side, so she was pretty slow with her questions. It seemed like a very low pressure situation. They offered me a free drink at the end and then I was on my way. I received a phone call from them a few days later where the manager informed me that I was offered the job. The rest of the process before my training was all done online through their website.

Interview Questions
    • They are very interested in having members there with "unique personalities". There were a few questions about what type of animal you would be and how you eat your oreo cookies. These were very unexpected for me.   Answer Question
    No negotiations for a part-time team member job.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Chaska, MN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chaska, MN

I applied online. The process took 4 days - interviewed at Caribou Coffee in October 2013.

I applied online on October 25th. I was called on October 26th about an Interview. She told me to come in at 3:30pm. I came in, all dressed up and ready for the interview. She still had another interviewee and I waited. I was offered a drink but I declined due to nervousness. But please, accept the offer and tell them how much you like it if it is brought up. She told me about herself and how she got there before asking the questions. She ended up skipping over almost all of them, the interview last 11 minutes. But make sure you dress up for the interview. Most everyone I saw was in jeans/yoga pants and a sweatshirt.

Interview Questions
    • If you were a Caribou Coffee drink, what would you be?   View Answer
    • What was a recent difficult situation you were put through?   View Answer

Team Member Interview

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Caribou Coffee.

I got a phone call for an interview the same day that I applied. If there is an opening at the location you apply for they will call you for an interview.

Interview Questions
    • They ask you how you eat an oreo. Not a hard question but just unexpected!   Answer Question
    I was able to negotiate a higher hourly rate by 25 cents more than they offered me!

Worked for Caribou Coffee? Contribute to the Community!