Carilion Clinic Interview Questions

Updated Jun 15, 2015

2.6

Systems Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Roanoke, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Carilion Clinic (Roanoke, VA) in March 2015.

Interview

The process took about 2 weeks from application submission to HR contacting me to schedule an interview. The actual interview was about two and a half hours in length with the first portion with the the department manager (behavioral/technical background) followed by a session with the team that I would be working with (purely technical interview). It was a good experience and the interviewers made me feel welcome.

Interview Questions

• Tell me something positive your current manager might say about you and something negative they might say about you.   Answer Question

Registered Nurse Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Carilion Clinic.

Interview

Two interviews. One over phone which was nice. Applied in March was not contacted till July for interview. I thought job was given to someone else. Hiring process was mostly computer based. Not much interaction with employees. Interviewed with manager and physician of department then had conference call with the open ended questions.

Interview Questions

• One instance where you took a bad situation and made it better.   Answer Question

Leutinent/CCPT Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Carilion Clinic.

Interview

There wasn't much of an interview process, as it was obvious from the begining that it was just a formal process do get through; as they already had the candidate in mind. In fact, it was unprofessional and bored-lined sexual harassment. The presence of sexual innuendo was appalling and supported by the CTLs surfing on the internet during the process was absurd. The attendance of non-management personal to participate in the process was even more disgusting. There was an employee with no interview training, no leadership experience and was not certified to be able to know or understand the answers to the questions in which he/she was asking. Definitely reflected the lack of professionalism that runs rampant in the CCPT work place.

Interview Questions

• how would you "reward" an employee for doing a job that is expected of them...with the emphasis of it being a female employee...disgusting innuendo   Answer Question

lack of professional environment would only lead to disaster of a career choice

Department Secretary Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Roanoke, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Carilion Clinic (Roanoke, VA) in May 2014.

Interview

Very limited interview with asking about my background, experience, and education. 90% of the interview was talking about the job duties which ended up being around 20% of my actual job. I could tell in the interview that they didn't have anyone else in mind. After the interview process they showed me around the building and introduced me to the team.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation was allowed except for the start date. Pay wasn't even mentioned until the job was offered.

Case Manager, RN Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Carilion Clinic.

Interview

First interview, group interview with supervisors and clinical team leaders

Interview Questions

• How long has it been since you were a bedside nurse? We' ve found that RNs lose their time management skills as they move away from the bedside.   1 Answer

Above question

Director, Financial Risk Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Roanoke, VA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Carilion Clinic (Roanoke, VA).

Interview

I had one telephone interview and one in person interview for this position. I was interviewed by the VP, Finance and Director, Finance

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to move from the Washington, DC area to a much smaller city?   1 Answer

Negotiation

They offered me a salary and paid relocation. I rounded the salary up to the next $10K and they agreed.

Department Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Carilion Clinic in January 2013.

Interview

Took over a month to be notified that I was a candidate. Then was not scheduled for first interview for several more weeks. Panel
    Interview. Waste of time. Second interview went quicker and included the physician who did not understand the process and was frustrated.

Negotiation. I was made a
    Low ball offer and expected to take it.

Programmer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Carilion Clinic in July 2012.

Interview

Telephone interview initially, then met in person for an interview with management team. Offer was made later the same day. On-boarding new hires happens once a month with general orientation on the first Monday of the month.

Interview Questions

• Handling difficult situations at previous jobs.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Salary was negotiable based on experience, satisfied with offer.

Clinical Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Radford, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Carilion Clinic (Radford, VA) in July 2011.

Interview

Did not take too long. Manager was very friendly. I met with the manager a couple of times. I was given a possible scenario. Had to answer some questions. Over all great manager!

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Carilion Clinic in May 2011.

Interview

I applied online and was called a month later for a panel interview. The application was standard and a personality/aptitude test was emailed to me after the application was submitted. I was given a couple of dates and times for the interview.