Carilion Clinic

Getting the Interview

8 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Case Manager, RN Interview

I applied online and interviewed at Carilion Clinic.

Interview Details – First interview, group interview with supervisors and clinical team leaders

Interview Question – How long has it been since you were a bedside nurse? We' ve found that RNs lose their time management skills as they move away from the bedside.   View Answer

Reason for Declining – Above question

Registered Nurse Interview

Registered Nurse
Roanoke, VA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Carilion Clinic in August 2010.

Interview Details – It was very laid-back and informal. I was hired within 2 weeks of application. Went for drug screen and physical. I dressed up and manager said I could have worn scrubs.

Interview Question – There wasn't a difficult question just general stuff like why did you go into nursing?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I didn't negotiate. Rates are predetermined by HR.

Case Manager, RN Interview

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Carilion Clinic in June 2009.

Interview Details – One interview, response within a reasonable time, HR was very organized, people interviewing made the experience enjoyable, not intimidating.

Interview Question – Sometimes difficult to think of examples of experience you had.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Negotiation was pleasant and again received response in timely manner.

Director, Financial Risk Management Interview

Roanoke, VA

I applied through other source and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Carilion Clinic.

Interview Details – I had one telephone interview and one in person interview for this position. I was interviewed by the VP, Finance and Director, Finance

Interview Question – Why do you want to move from the Washington, DC area to a much smaller city?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – They offered me a salary and paid relocation. I rounded the salary up to the next $10K and they agreed.

Programmer Analyst Interview

Roanoke, VA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Carilion Clinic in April 2011.

Interview Details – A group of senior programmers and the team manager meet in a room with the interviewee and take turns going around the table asking about background and how you would handle certain instances

Interview Question – If you happen to come across a time where you have nothing to do what you do?   View Answer

RN Home Health Case Manager Interview

I applied online and interviewed at Carilion Clinic.

Interview Details – One interview with Nursing Manager and Assistant N. Manager. Very friendly, easy questions. Have your resume ready to leave copy. If you want this job, you must be flexible with time and knowledgeable. They will call it "A job of many hats." Beware, this means you must do whatever they ask and you must be willing to work overtime without compensation. If you don't, they pressure you by saying you are not a team player. It is impossible to do expected 5.6 visits in 8 hours.

Interview Question – Easy questions. Interview lasts only 10 to 15 minutes.   Answer Question

Practice Support Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Carilion Clinic in May 2009.

Interview Details – If you are looking for employment within Carilion the website is less than desirable. If you have a resume you have spent time you will be duplicating information by filling out the online application. Once you apply you may or may not hear back. Once you are internal you have a better chance of growth, having said that the environment is more politically charged and does not foster a progressive approach to developing and keeping good talent. Perception is that unless you know someone that has either been with Carilion for a long time or if you are associated with a department that is progressive to change you do not stand a chance developing your career.

Interview Questions

• Please tell us how you will be able to improve our processes?   View Answer
  • Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – The negotiation phase depends on who you work for and what political capital they have with the Human Resources department.

Accountant Interview

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Carilion Clinic in May 2010.

Interview Details – It was one interview with HR manager + Supervisor accountant , after one week called again for the second interview , with the same manager & another manager , nothing happened after.... ((((((((((

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Carilion Clinic? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Carilion Clinic interview questions and advice. All 8 interview reviews posted anonymously by Carilion Clinic employees and interview candidates.