Carillion Interview Questions

Updated Apr 25, 2015

2.6

Registered Nurse Interview

Anonymous Employee in Roanoke, VA

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Carillion (Roanoke, VA) in February 2015.

Interview

Applied online and I also sent a detailed, well prepared resume with cover letter to HR and also followed up with a phone call to only hear that they never received either. After reading the reviews on GD, I'm glad the interview never occurred.

Senior Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a dayinterviewed at Carillion.

Interview

Basic what to expect during the hiring process: Prepare and articulate your goals, and remain honest here. Inconsistent answers won’t get you the respect and credibility that is a must to impress an interviewer

Quantity Surveyor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dundee, Scotland (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Carillion (Dundee, Scotland (UK)) in December 2014.

Interview

After send my CV and be interviewed was very quick.
    But the process took about 3 months till receive the job offer, they always delayed the recruitment process after the two interviews, and many times they asked me to be patient. However they was very polite and start to give many information about the benefits given by the company.

Interview Questions

• Tell me what is your daily tasks?
      What is your current salary?
      Why you want to leave your actual employer?
      What do you know about our company?
      Do you know, we don't like Civil Engineers working as Quantity Surveyors, what do you have to say about this?

Answer Question

I refused the job offer simply because on the beginning of the recruitment process they informed me that the gross salary would be approximately £35000 per year and after they decreased 8000£, to £27000 per year on the job offer.

Graduate Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Carillion (London, England (UK)).

Interview

There was an initial phone call asking some basic questions about my CV, not like a phone interview but more like a confirmation of what I've send them. This was followed by an assessment centre where there was an exercise of listing things in order of importance after an airplane crash, an in-tray exercise, an exercise where we were given in teams of 4 a pack of A4 paper/paper clips and were asked to build a bridge with the available materials.

Interview Questions

• In the beginning of the assessement center, everybody had to say out loud one truth and one lie about himself. Everybody would try to guess which statement was true or false.   Answer Question

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Carillion in August 2014.

Interview

Applied via a recruiter and offered an interview after about six weeks. I was told the role was confidential and as a result the interview was a long drive. I found the interviewer to be unprofessional, she made no eye contact and no effort to build rapport as she spent the whole interview typing. I appreciate that my interview skills need improvement and I may not have performed brilliantly but it is much easier on the other side of the table so I was less than impressed by the interviewers inability to reasonably explain how performance is measured or even the scope of the role or how it fitted into the structure of the team.

I left the interview annoyed at wasting my time and money and never heard from them again.

Interview Questions

• Questions were often vague, I regularly had to make assumptions in my answers.   Answer Question

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5+ monthsinterviewed at Carillion (London, England (UK)) in June 2014.

Interview

3 stage, very prolonged and testing that that didn't mean anything. Process was stretched out and very long. However interviews were thorough and fair and good insight into the company. Very open interviewers who reflected strong values

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 8 weeksinterviewed at Carillion.

Interview

It took from interview to placement 8 weeks after an interview a long way from home

Civil Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Carillion in September 2009.

Interview

Straight forward interview process which tested knowlegde of construction and a review of the resume. Theie was a brief on the project and review of the position description. HR was not represented in the interview.