Carino's Italian Grill

Average Difficulty
6 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Durham, NC

I applied in-person and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Carino's Italian Grill in August 2011.

Interview Details – There was a one on one interview and a callback, where you were in a induction to there ways of business.

Interview Question – basic questions   View Answer

Very Easy Interview

Hostess Interview

Hostess
Missouri City, TX

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Carino's Italian Grill in May 2012.

Interview Details – I walked in to get an application after a recommendation from a friend. I got an interview and was hired right away.

Interview Question – Tell me a little bit about yourself.   Answer Question

Package Handler Interview

Package Handler
Dallas, TX

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Carino's Italian Grill in March 2011.

Interview Details – really bad HR lady, she had no clue what she was doing

Very Easy Interview

Server

Interview Details – Very informal; the manager didn't even check my references. walked up to me before I was even finished with the app and hired me on the spot, after asking me why i thought I'd be good at the job and some questions about my personality. It was surprising as I have no food service experience, or even experience at a real job. They just had me watch a few videos then bs a food preparation quiz. It took probably 2.5 hours and I start work the next day. My guess is that they are rather understaffed.
It seems really informal. I have no idea if it's gonna be great or awful. The management is all girls and they seem both really into it and really casual at the same time.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – I did no negotiating; i just wanted the job. I don't think the pay rate is very negotiable. It's just an hourly rate that depends on your state [ridiculously low; in texas it's $2.13] plus tips.

Server

The process took 3 days - interviewed at Carino's Italian Grill in March 2008.

Interview Details – walked into the restaraunt, asked if they were hiring and was offered an application to fill out. told to wait for a manager to speak with. talked to the manager and was asked to come back in a couple of days when the GM was there.

Interview Question – how do you feel about working in a high intensity atmosphere?   View Answer

Waiter Interview

Waiter

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Carino's Italian Grill in October 2009.

Interview Details – Went into the restaurant and asked for a application. After obtaining application, I filled it out and returned it and was told they would call if there was any job openings. After calling to check on my application a few days later they called me and scheduled and interview. I dressed as other waiters who work there do and went in for the interview and was offered the job.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Carino's Italian Grill? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Carino's Italian Grill interview questions and advice. All 6 interview reviews posted anonymously by Carino's Italian Grill employees and interview candidates.