Carl Zeiss

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all interviews

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Carl Zeiss in January 2009.

Well, actually this was back in 1998 that I was interviewed and hired, right after I had graduated college. I was about to take a position with a pharmaceutical company, but a recruiter called me and told me to wait.... that I would love this position. I interviewed a few times with the recruiter, then with the hiring manager for the Western region. Just one interview with him. We clicked. I was offered the position a few days later after a few more questions from the recruiter.

Interview Questions
  • Give me a question and an answer that I can't argue with.   View Answer
  • Why should I hire you?   View Answer
I didn't do much negotiating. The hiring manger said I wouldn't make as much my first year as I would subsequent years with the company, but he said, "If you don't make $50,000 your first year, you probably shouldn't be working for us." I made about $60K my first year, which was great because I was waiting tables in college.