Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
Interviews for Top Jobs at Carl Zeiss Vision
- Staff Accountant (2)
- Accounts Payable Specialist (1)
- Product Manager (1)
- Brand Manager (1)
- SAP FICO Business Systems Consultant (1)
- Accounts-Payable Specialist (1)
- Traffic Coordinator Supervisor (1)
- Planner (1)
- Lab Technician (1)
- Accepted OfferPositive ExperienceEasy Interview
I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Carl Zeiss Vision (San Diego, CA).
Interviewed with AP Supervisor and then accounting manager. Overall it was an easy and straight forward interview. HR was very nice and informative about the position and who I would be meeting during the interview. They were looking to hire someone quickly, as there were transitioning their payables to the corporate office in San Diego.
- Why are you leaving your current employer? Answer Question
- No OfferNegative ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Carl Zeiss Vision (San Diego, CA) in August 2014.
I was contacted by the recruiter who was very polite and set up the interview at they company offices. After a brief talk with the recruiter, I was interviewed by two different members of the management. One of them was very late (I sat and waited in the room for 20 minutes). It tuned out to be the direct supervisor for the open position. When she finally showed up, she offered no apologies for lateness and proceeded by asking slightly bizarre questions like which functions in Excel I know how to use. I have 10+ yrs of excel experience and consider myself an advanced user, but even a complete novice could figure out pretty much everything since few software packages have a help database as extensive as MS Office.
- Which Excel functions you know how to use? Answer Question
- Declined OfferNegative ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Carl Zeiss Vision (San Diego, CA) in October 2012.
The hiring process seemed to be unorganized with few appropriate competency questions. I have a friend there that says the organization is very disfunctional with many unhappy employees and unfit and unfriendly management, especially the VP of marketing. I interviewed anyways and found the salary to be on the low side.
- Just wanted a summary of experience. Didn't seem to understand what they wanted. Answer Question
Reasons for Declining
Salary was too low.