Carl's Jr Interview Questions

Updated Jun 16, 2015

1.6

Shift Leader Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Carl's Jr in May 2014.

Interview

easy only took a few minutes. went in got asked a few basic questions nothing you really need to prepare for. hired on the spot. be prepared to take a drug test at orientation.

Crew Member/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in North Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Carl's Jr (North Las Vegas, NV) in November 2013.

Interview

I went in and the manager talked to me. Told me about the job and if I was ready. I said yes and was hired on the spot. Very informal and easy.

Interview Questions

• It's a very demanding job are you gonna be able to do it?   1 Answer

Negotiation

n/a

General Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Carl's Jr (Denver, CO) in May 2012.

Interview

Went fast. Answered a few general csr questions. they wanted to know about my prior work history, education, family life, as well as my availability. I then met with the Director of Operations and after that the inter view was complete.

Cashier, Got Put In the Kitchen Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Carl's Jr.

Interview

Applied online, then I went into the store to introduce myself. I went in about 3 or 4 times in a month since the manager wasn't there all those times. After going in so often I practically knew everyone and was given an appointment by a shift leader to speak to the boss. At the boss' meeting he asked me two questions and gave my papers to sign and finally told me to come ready to work 2 days later.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever dealt with an angry customer?
      How have you had to take charge of a team and succeeded?

Answer Question

Crew Member Interview

Anonymous Employee in North Hollywood, CA

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at Carl's Jr (North Hollywood, CA).

Interview

Just a basic interview. Got asked the usual interview questions, And it was all going very well to me and I thought I had got the job and that they would call me back in two days but they never called.

Crew Member/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Carl's Jr (Los Angeles, CA) in June 2012.

Interview

I had my interview with the Assistant Manager and that was the only time I ever saw him as he was getting trained to become a General Manager for another store. It was a one-on-one interview, which is good.

The interview started promptly on time. The AM was very very friendly and made me feel comfortable the entire time. I didn't actually start working there 3 weeks after my interview because the GM was on vacation or just couldn't be bothered to process my hire.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Since this is a fast food chain, there wasn't much room for negotiation. Their wages are set unless you're super amazing, but if you are, there's no need for Carl's Jr.

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at Carl's Jr.

Interview

Interviewer is usually the general manager or assistant manager. The assistant interviewed me, sat me down with paper work (orientation papers i believe). So, if you win over the interview your hired on the spot.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself? Why do you want to work here? what is customer service to you? what experiences do you have to provide us with?   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Carl's Jr (Houston, TX) in February 2015.

Interview

The interview was beyond easy. She barely even asked me any questions. She verified my availability and basically told me what i would be expected to do. Got hired the next day.

Crew Member Interview

Anonymous Employee in Diamond Bar, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Carl's Jr (Diamond Bar, CA) in January 2015.

Interview

S. Manager: Store Manager
    D. Manager: District Manager

I did walk-ins at various fast-food chains in the area.

(at this point I was inexperienced at getting hired)
    I contacted their S manager and asked if they are currently hiring. I was told by the S manager that they are currently looking for people for that store. Manager told me that they are however out of paper applications and to apply online and to call in when I have finished. I was also told to get a California Food Handler certificate (it was $15 and expires 3 years from date taken.)

I went home and went on Carl's Jr career section. I found 3 stores in the area. The one I wanted to work at had an 404 error for that store (their store page was down), so I had to wait until they had papers printed (took a week). When they did have it I filled one and applied and was asked by the S manager how much do you want this job. I said I need this job so I can have a steady income and go back to school. S manager stated that they will give it to their D manager and will have to wait for their response.

4 days later I have not gotten an answer, so I walk in person and asked S manager if they are actively hiring. S manager tells me to hold on and gets me in contact with D manager in person and I got an interview on the spot regarding why I want this job (will add questions to other section). I got other forms to fill and was told to get work shoes and a haircut. My hair was apparently too long when I had already gotten a haircut from shoulder length to an around the ear short hairstyle, but D manager wanted a faded kind of haircut.

I go back the next day with a new haircut and had to sign some contracts/forms and submit a b/w copy of social security and state ID. I was told to come in tomorrow.

I arrived at work with black pants and white t-shirt. I was given a small red uniform and cap to wear. I started working right away without really being told my schedule.

Part Time Crew Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at Carl's Jr (Los Angeles, CA) in January 2015.

Interview

The restaurant I wanted to work at had to be applied to in-store so I went and asked to see the manager who showed me where the applications were. I filled one out and turned it in the next day to the manager who said he would send it to corporate because they had to look over it before they could hire me. He said it would take a week or two to process so I went home. A week later he called and said I could come in for an interview. So that weekend on Saturday morning at 10:30 I went in to meet him. The manager showed up 15 minutes late, but I waited for him and we didn't even end up doing the interview. He just gave me a bunch of papers to fill out and I got the job then and there. He gave me the uniform top and told me to get the rest of the uniform (black pants, shoes, etc.) so I could call him on Monday and come in to work on Thursday. I think that even if I did the interview it would have mostly just been a formality especially in fast food joints since the turnover rate is so high and they need new workers all the time. Easy to get hired, but hard to continue enjoying the job since the customers can be a bit bothersome and the drive-thru can be pretty stressful. I like my job, but it's definitely not a permanent one.