Carl's Jr Interview Questions

Updated Aug 25, 2015

1.7

Crew Member Interview

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Carl's Jr in January 2008.

Interview

Basically asked me what I wanted out of the job. Ask some typical questions about customer service. Have you had any experience with customer service? Why Carl's jr?

Management Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Carl's Jr in December 2011.

Interview

The interview was for a promotion. I was called and set up for interview. Interview went well but they chose someone else.

Crew Member/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Shreveport, LA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Carl's Jr (Shreveport, LA) in May 2013.

Interview

I applied online and the process took about 5 days. I waited about a hour and after being interviewed for about 15 mins. The manager told me he would come back to me. After about 10 mins he decided i didnt meet company needs. He promised he would call me but i never received a call

Interview Questions

• What do you want to be in life as far as a career   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Diamond Bar, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Carl's Jr (Diamond Bar, CA) in January 2015.

Interview

S. Manager: Store Manager D. Manager: District Manager I did walk-ins at various fast-food chains in the area. (at this point I was inexperienced at getting hired) I contacted their S manager and asked if they are currently hiring. I was told by the S manager that they are currently looking for people for that store. Manager told me that they are however out of paper applications and to apply online and to call in when I have finished. I was also told to get a California Food Handler certificate (it was $15 and expires 3 years from date taken.) I went home and went on Carl's Jr career section. I found 3 stores in the area. The one I wanted to work at had an 404 error for that store (their store page was down), so I had to wait until they had papers printed (took a week). When they did have it I filled one and applied and was asked by the S manager how much do you want this job. I said I need this job so I can have a steady income and go back to school. S manager stated that they will give it to their D manager and will have to wait for their response. 4 days later I have not gotten an answer, so I walk in person and asked S manager if they are actively hiring. S manager tells me to hold on and gets me in contact with D manager in person and I got an interview on the spot regarding why I want this job (will add questions to other section). I got other forms to fill and was told to get work shoes and a haircut. My hair was apparently too long when I had already gotten a haircut from shoulder length to an around the ear short hairstyle, but D manager wanted a faded kind of haircut. I go back the next day with a new haircut and had to sign some contracts/forms and submit a b/w copy of social security and state ID. I was told to come in tomorrow. I arrived at work with black pants and white t-shirt. I was given a small red uniform and cap to wear. I started working right away without really being told my schedule.

General Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Carl's Jr (Salt Lake City, UT) in August 2013.

Interview

I had an interview with HR then I had a second interview with a district manager and the VPO, then was offered a job and went back to meet with HR to do paperwork .

Crew Member Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Carl's Jr in January 2008.

Interview

basic, generic, describe yourself, why oyu want to work here

General Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bullhead City, AZ

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Carl's Jr (Bullhead City, AZ) in February 2015.

Interview

I had to sit down with the District manager, for one interview and the director of operations for the second, which she did over facetime on the DM iphone, and both interviews they were reading questions off a piece of paper

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to be a general manager?   1 Answer

Crew Member/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in North Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Carl's Jr (North Las Vegas, NV) in November 2013.

Interview

I went in and the manager talked to me. Told me about the job and if I was ready. I said yes and was hired on the spot. Very informal and easy.

Interview Questions

• It's a very demanding job are you gonna be able to do it?   1 Answer

Negotiation

n/a

Cook Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Carl's Jr (Sacramento, CA) in February 2009.

Interview

They ask for availability and leadership skills.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?   1 Answer

Negotiation

no negotiation

Carl's Junior Team Member Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sandy, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Carl's Jr (Sandy, UT) in March 2012.

Interview

I applied a couple of weeks prior to getting called in for an interview the next day. The Manager had us sit at one of the tables in the dining area- where it's very noisy and you have customers all around. She was really nice and told me how they're very much into taking care of their employees, not calling you in on your day off, and sceduling you around your needs. I spoke with her for maybe 10 minutes and she offered me the job on the spot. So she either really liked me or they pretty much just hire anyone who comes in.

Interview Questions

• What kind of experience have you had?   1 Answer

Negotiation

The pay is 7.25 (minimum wage) so there really is no room for negotiation. It was very east to get hired- she barely even asked me anything.