Carle Hospital Interview Questions

Updated Oct 22, 2014
Updated Oct 22, 2014

2.4

Volunteer Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at Carle Hospital.

It was mostly very general questions, and the woman was very kind. However, she was looking at someone else's records by accident and I got very confused when she asked me about my "history." She realized that this was a mistake. I met at the office and talked to the interviewer 1:1. Overall, I had a positive experience. I looked at this position through the website, and I contacted the person by phone to schedule an interview.

Interview Questions
    • How would you handle a situation where the person you were caring for pushed their religious views on you?   Answer Question

Customer Service Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Carle Hospital.

If you actually are called in after submitting your very detailed application online, expect a standard, planned interview. They are professional in the process and HR was friendly in person. Oh, and there is an online personality assessment, too. After the initial interview, you would probably interview with a department manager at least once. I've been through much more difficult interviews.

Interview Questions
    • The questions were pretty standardized. They look for people who have a strong service orientation--they ask questions that focus on customer service, interpersonal skills. "How would you define customer service?" "What would you do if you saw someone breaking a rule?" "What kind of job are you looking for?"   View Answer
    There wasn't much negotiation. I was offered and the offer was a bit better than I expected. I didn't hesitate. It was done by phone, but there were papers to sign and a lot of "onboarding" online work to agree to policies, etc. Also had to pass a drug test and physical. I believe there is also a credit check and background check.

Branch Manager Medical Supplies Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Urbana, IL

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Carle Hospital in November 2013.

Applied online and was lucky enough to get a call from HR recruiter. Set up interview with HR recruiter a week later. Went in for interview with HR, that lasted an hour. Then did a panel interview with 6 individuals at the location and that took an hour. Was told they would call me in two weeks. Waited two weeks and had to email the HR recruiter for an update. was then told they decided to move forward with other candidates.

Interview Questions
    • Most difficult part was the panel interview after an hour ling interview with the HR recruiter.   Answer Question

Phlebotomist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Urbana, IL

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Carle Hospital in May 2012.

Interview was alright. They will not interview you at the main campus, you have to go somewhere else and this can be a little confusing. I arrived 15 mins early and had to wait for about a half an hour in a waiting area with other interviewees. The interview itself was fine, nothing out of the ordinary.

Business Service Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Carle Hospital in February 2012.

Applied online and was called within two weeks to do initial phone interview with HR and then in person. Next interview was with department manager and about an hour long. Basically hired on the spot considering references were okay. Scheduled for orientation and multiple health screens as the same time. Also given drug test before officially hired.

Interview Questions
    • Can you handle situations involving family members of deceased patients?   Answer Question

Enrichment Educator Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Carle Hospital in January 2010.

Carle Hospital first conducts a preliminary phone interview, then an in person interview with a human resource manager. If you are selected by HR, they will show your file to the hiring manager. He/she will then request a face-to-face meeting with you. If you are hired, you will report to their occupation medicine clinic for a physical and drug screening. Then you will have a two day orientation.

Interview Questions
    • Be prepared to answer difficult questions regarding patient confidently. Being a hospital, regardless the job, you will interact with patients.   Answer Question

Systems Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Urbana, IL

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Carle Hospital in June 2009.

I applied through the online portal and received a call back three weeks later for an interview. Interview was conducted in three parts, an hour meeting with an HR rep, 30 minutes with the hiring manager and 30 minutes with a group of help desk members.

HR rep did not show at the specified time and place, and that part was skipped until the end of the interview. The dress code for the position is very casual, and even in the interview I felt overdress in just a button down, tie and slacks.

The questions were not difficult, mostly pertaining to technical knowledge of systems and willingness to take call after hours and if I had a license and automobile. The help desk group asked the most challenging technical questions.

Interview Questions
    • Explain the steps you would use to troubleshoot and repair a PC that will boot up and run, but crashes whenever running a full screen application?   Answer Question
    No negotiation, it was a take it or leave it offer.

Hct Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Carle Hospital in March 2008.

Basically the first interview is where you take an online personality test and HR tells you about the position being offered. If the nurse manager is interested in you then there will be a second interview conducted. If the second interview goes well then you are formally given an offer of employment upon successful completion of a drug and medical test.

Interview Questions
    This was my first position on a hospital setting and I did not have room for negotiation. I was offered the base wage and accepted. Perhaps those with years of experience will have a better chance during negotiation proceedings.