Carleton University Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated May 11, 2014
5 interviews

2.8

Intern Interview

Asked about previous jobs, skills I learned and able to do the requirements asked from the job posting. They went through my entire resume and asked about what I did and skills I developed. In addition, how I deal with conflict with customers and staff members and give them an example I faced with.

Network Technician Interview

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Carleton University.

Made it seem like a normal conversation. Assured me that everyone has to get a long. Talked about past times and fun experiences.

Interview Questions
    • No hard technical questions. The work could be done by anybody with computer skills but was mostly hands on and required organization.   Answer Question

Instructional Designer Interview

The process took 5 days - interviewed at Carleton University in September 2010.

Applied for the position in July and received email in September stating date and time of interview. The interview lasted about 90 minutes. Lots of behavioural questions were asked. Was interviewed by two managers. The interview was very friendly, and enjoyable. The work seemed interesting.

Interview Questions
    • Have you ever managed a learning project that failed. What happened.   Answer Question

It seemed like a fairly junior position and for only a one year term.

Applications Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Ottawa, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ottawa, ON (Canada)

The process took a day - interviewed at Carleton University in January 2009.

It was easy.

No negotiation, fixed contract

Assistant Professor Interview

The process took 3 days - interviewed at Carleton University in January 2009.

The communication mostly took place by e-mail. The chair notified me that I was one of the finalist for the position, and he flew me in for the interview. The interview consisted of: Meeting with the dean, teaching a class, giving a job talk, interviewing one on one with many people in the department, interviewing with the search committee. The interview also included "informal" components, such as dining out with the chair, with committee members, with students, etc. (which are still part of the interview process). The schedule was demanding but enough breaks in between to be humane.

Interview Questions
    • How much of X should all the students in the department take?   View Answer

Worked for Carleton University? Contribute to the Community!