Carlisle & Co

Carlisle & Co Interview Questions

3.8

Interviews for Top Jobs at Carlisle & Co

Summer Associate Interview

Small firm, very hands on and motivated

Summer Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Concord, MA

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Carlisle & Co in December 2012.

I applied through my university's career office and got a standard phone interview which went well. They invited me in for a day of interviews which started with a presentation about the firm, its clients and workflow, and the internship program. Following that were two 30-45 minute interviews, each with two Carlisle employees. They began with easy resume/fit/behavioral questions, then moved on to the case, and answered my questions at the end.
    Next was a group case interview during which all the candidates had half an hour to come to several recommendations and prepare a slide deck based on a scenario/given data. We presented our recommendations to everybody in the office and they asked us questions about our reasoning.
    The day ended with a group lunch. Everyone was friendly but professional.

Interview Questions
    • The individual cases were exclusively market sizing but could be fairly detailed.   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Concord, MA

The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Carlisle & Co in March 2011.

This is a typical interview process for the consulting industry. Qualified applicants are pre-screened through a phone interview followed by several case interviews with partners. Abilities in Excel are tested during the interview process with a data interpretation and organization trial. If successful in these tasks the applicant is given a timed exercise using excel that tests data interpretation abilities and rational decision-making ability as well as an online personality test. The process concludes with a background check before an offer is extended.

Interview Questions
    • How many snowblowers were sold in the U.S. last year?   View Answer
    If you do not think the offer is adequate, do not be afraid to negotiate politely.

Senior Associate Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Carlisle & Co in June 2008.

Considerable Scenario and Problem Solving Tasks applied during each of 4 different interviews over 2 weeks.

Interview Questions
    • At 9am today, how many airplanes are in the air are at gates in the USA? Show the though process of how you would go about creating this estimate.   View Answer

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Concord, MA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Carlisle & Co in January 2008.

Pretty standard Consulting interview process. HR phone screen and then a case interview with two partners. They also test your Excel skills onsite, so you need to be intermediate/advanced there. If you do well, they have you complete a time constrained data project and Powerpoint presentation. They also have you complete an online personality test as well.

Interview Questions
    • Business Case Brainteaser: How many airplanes are in the air currently in the US?   View Answer
    Typical negotiation, don't accept the first offer if you don't think it's competitive. They pay less than the top tier firms, but their benefits package and vacation time is much better.