Carlisle & Co Interview Questions

Updated Jan 22, 2015

3.8

Interviews for Top Jobs at Carlisle & Co

Consulting Interview

Interview

There is a pre-screening phone call to determine fit, then an invitation to go and interview on location with their consultants. Interview is pretty typical for strategic consulting, with both fit and case interviews in the sectors that Carlisle works in. There is also a final group case with other applicants.

Interview Questions

• Most questions were about market sizing. Difficult question came at the end, where you have to work with the other applicants to solve a case, usually based off of a case that Carlisle has actually done for a recent client. It can be difficult to shine in a group setting without being too obnoxious.   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Interview

Straightforward interview with two case studies. I was told that if I passed the initial round I would be given a second take home case study to complete but I guess I didn't pass. Also have to pass a test of your excel skills that consists of in sheet formulas only (no VBA)

Summer Associate Interview

Interview

Small firm, very hands on and motivated

Summer Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Carlisle & Co (Concord, MA) in December 2012.

Interview

I applied through my university's career office and got a standard phone interview which went well. They invited me in for a day of interviews which started with a presentation about the firm, its clients and workflow, and the internship program. Following that were two 30-45 minute interviews, each with two Carlisle employees. They began with easy resume/fit/behavioral questions, then moved on to the case, and answered my questions at the end.
    Next was a group case interview during which all the candidates had half an hour to come to several recommendations and prepare a slide deck based on a scenario/given data. We presented our recommendations to everybody in the office and they asked us questions about our reasoning.
    The day ended with a group lunch. Everyone was friendly but professional.

Interview Questions

• The individual cases were exclusively market sizing but could be fairly detailed.   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Application

The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Carlisle & Co (Concord, MA) in March 2011.

Interview

This is a typical interview process for the consulting industry. Qualified applicants are pre-screened through a phone interview followed by several case interviews with partners. Abilities in Excel are tested during the interview process with a data interpretation and organization trial. If successful in these tasks the applicant is given a timed exercise using excel that tests data interpretation abilities and rational decision-making ability as well as an online personality test. The process concludes with a background check before an offer is extended.

Interview Questions

• How many snowblowers were sold in the U.S. last year?   1 Answer

Negotiation

If you do not think the offer is adequate, do not be afraid to negotiate politely.

Senior Associate Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Carlisle & Co (Detroit, MI) in June 2008.

Interview

Considerable Scenario and Problem Solving Tasks applied during each of 4 different interviews over 2 weeks.

Interview Questions

• At 9am today, how many airplanes are in the air are at gates in the USA? Show the though process of how you would go about creating this estimate.   1 Answer

Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Carlisle & Co (Concord, MA) in January 2008.

Interview

Pretty standard Consulting interview process. HR phone screen and then a case interview with two partners. They also test your Excel skills onsite, so you need to be intermediate/advanced there. If you do well, they have you complete a time constrained data project and Powerpoint presentation. They also have you complete an online personality test as well.

Interview Questions

• Business Case Brainteaser: How many airplanes are in the air currently in the US?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Typical negotiation, don't accept the first offer if you don't think it's competitive. They pay less than the top tier firms, but their benefits package and vacation time is much better.