Carlson Companies

www.carlson.com

Carlson Companies Interview Questions

2.9

Customer Service Agent Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Carlson Companies.

A very deep background check.

Interview Questions
    • I dont remember it was quite a while but they make sure you have a good phone background   Answer Question

Host Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Carlson Companies in August 2012.

Went through one interview, answered some basic questions such as my experience, background, tough work challenges and etc. Offered the job within a few days.

Interview Questions
    • What was your most difficult working experience and how did you deal with it?   Answer Question

Community Engagement Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minnetonka, MN

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Carlson Companies in June 2012.

Called by recruiter the day after I applied online. Had 45 minute screening interview with her the following date. Nearly a month later I had a face-to-face interview. The position described was very different than the job posting description. I spoke with the HR manager several weeks later and was told they were still in the process. I did not hear back from the company regarding this position.

Accounting Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minnetonka, MN

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Carlson Companies in November 2011.

Interview on campus. Got invited to be interviewed at the headquarters in Minnetonka. Had to interview with 5 different people. Exhausting. Took longer than 2 weeks to hear back. Prepare to ask a lot of HR type questions, that won't have to do with your area of expertise. I thought I did really well but I did not get an offer. Would have loved to work there. Everyone was really nice and relatable.

Social Media Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plymouth, MN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plymouth, MN

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Carlson Companies in May 2011.

I sent in my application for the position, and within a week they called to schedule an in-person interview. I interviewed with three people for a half an hour each. First was the HR Rep, who asked general questions, described the job, and discussed salary. Next was the two-up boss, then finally the direct hiring manager. Everyone was very friendly and the interview flowed smoothly. All three did make the point that they had interviewed many people for the position, and had more to go. That statement made me think they aren't sure about what they're looking for for the role.

Interview Questions
    • There were no behavioral questions asked. They did ask technical questions about various social media management services.   Answer Question

Web Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minnetonka, MN

The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Carlson Companies in June 2010.

I received a phone call from the recruiter to set up 1:1 interviews for a date 3 weeks out. I'm not sure why I didn't have a phone screen, possibly because my resume was such a good match for the job description?

My in-person interviews were with 3 people: the HR recruiter (we covered basic HR type questions, including salary), the hiring manager and the hiring managers peer. All of the questions were pretty basic behavioral / experience based. All three people were very nice and I was very surprised to hear they decided NOT to fill the position.

Interview Questions
    • The recruiter asked me my salary requirements during the first interview...I wasn't expecting to talk about that so soon, so I was caught slightly off guard.   Answer Question
    • What about your experience makes you a particularly good candidate for this job?   View Answer
    • Why do you want to work here?   Answer Question

Tax Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Carlson Companies in March 2012.

I was initially contacted by a recruiter about 2 months after the job was posted. We set up a time for a 30-minute phone interview with the recruiter. Thereafter, I received another call from the recruiter requesting to set up an in-person interview. I met with 3 separate individuals for 30-minute interviews each. Everybody was extremely friendly, informative, and I got the overall sense that all three truly enjoyed working for Carlson. About a week and a half later, I was contacted for another round of interviews. In this round, I met with three new people (all Directors or VPs) for 45-minute interviews each. I received an offer approximately 2 days later.

While I interviewed with 7 different people at Carlson for this position, the interviews were much more laid back than what I am used to in interviewing with other, similar corporate companies. There were very few behavioral questions and the focus was more on my skills and experiences and how they would fit the position. I also liked that an aspect of the interview that was stressed more than in most other job interviews is how my personality would fit within the position's department.

My advice is to be very familiar with the job requirements and responsibilities and to have many questions prepared for the interviewers. I spent a lot of time preparing for behavioral-based questions, but found I did not use much of that preparation. Instead, I talked more about how my experiences and career goals would fit the position and be helpful to the company.

Interview Questions
    • What do you like to do in your spare time?   View Answer
    • Generally - I was asked to go through my resume, listing my experiences and skills. I was also frequently asked why I was interested in this position and where I see myself in 5 years (career/goal wise).   Answer Question
    I was pleased with the offer and did not have to negotiate.

Operations Specialist Interview

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Carlson Companies in January 2009.

The first step was a phone interview followed up by formal interview. First, I met with the group director and then the supervisor joined us. Together, they explained the dynamics of the group including partners roles pertaining to the business. Although, the office was laid back, all were very hard workers and valued your input. They also asked about how you handle setting your priorities when when faced with competing objectives.

Interview Questions
    • What have you contributed in your current position?   Answer Question
    • How do you handle competing priorities from different managers?   Answer Question
    I was happy with the offer and did not need to negotiate on the offer, however I managed to get a little over the salary that was initially offered.