Carlson Restaurants

Interviews for Top Jobs at Carlson Restaurants

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Carlson Restaurants.

The poorly designed ATS should have been a warning this company is messed up. Applied online then waited. 6 weeks later I get a call, talk about my background and schedule a phone interview with the hiring manager. Even get a confirmation email that the manager will call me. He never calls. I get voicemail when I call the recruiter, but no response so I send an email. The next day I get an email back saying the recruiter is no longer with the company and the senior recruiter will update me within the next few days. Never hear back.

A month later, I get a call from a new recruiter, go through background, etc and schedule a phone interview with the senior recruiter (same one that was supposed to get back to me). This interview gets postponed. Then I get an ATS form letter saying the interview has been cancelled.

So, I end up setting aside time on 3 occasions for interviews that didn't happen, and do my interview prep twice. Total waste of my time, which tells me how little they value job candidates - which is a good sign of how they value employees - churn & burn.

Sad, because I used to be a big fan of TGI Fridays. As soon as I burn through my last 3,000 Stripes points, I won't even eat there again.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about your experience that relates to this position.   Answer Question

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Carrollton, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Carrollton, TX

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Carlson Restaurants in June 2010.

Interview process includes a prescreen with a friendly HR representative, an online personality assessment, an interview with the hiring manager and then one additional interview with either a colleague or senior level leader

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about your core values and how you demonstrate them in your work.   Answer Question
    I was very transparent and received a very fair offer

Bartender Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Peoria, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Peoria, IL

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Carlson Restaurants in November 2008.

Easy. Talked to the manager, took a couple tests, got the job. Wear nice clothes, don't come in to apply during rush time, smile, and be polite, you'll get the job! Personality test. Don't answer anything stupid, or put a "?" for any answers. Point of the test is to make sure you can make decisions, so putting a "?'' for any answer results in a fail. Ask to talk to a manager when you put in your application.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation, however I started the job in high school.

Restaurant Manager Interview

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at Carlson Restaurants.

Multiple interview process for any position. They also like to have possible management candidates visit their training store and shadow a current manager, to get a feel for the culture. Every team member is friendly and always willing to help out. Its a great experience for those interested, as well as the other employees who currently work there.

Interview Questions
    • Its a pretty in-depth interview process. Many unexpected questions, but nothing that's interrogating or intrusive.   View Answer

Server Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Carlson Restaurants in May 2010.

set up interview when i filled out my application scheduled 2nd interview at end of 1st and hired 10 days later.