Carlson Wagonlit Interview Questions

Updated Jun 18, 2014
Updated Jun 18, 2014

2.7

International Travel Counselor Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Carlson Wagonlit.

Interviewed with the Director, Account Manager and the Client

Interview Questions
    • Example of booking around the world fares   View Answer

Corporate Travel Agent Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Carlson Wagonlit.

It was easy, I just had to take a typing test, take a mock phone call, do the regular interview and talk about my past experience in the industry. I passed the typing test with flying colors as well as the mock phone call and ended up getting a call back with a job offer within 2 hours of leaving.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time you had a disagreement with your manager   View Answer

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Minnetonka, MN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minnetonka, MN

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Carlson Wagonlit in October 2012.

I previously applied for a position with them but the hours weren't a good fit. Found another position I was interested in and emailed my cover letter and resume to the recruiter who contacted me regarding the previous position. She set up a face to face interview with two sets of people.

The first 2 people were HR I believe. They just asked about my background. I slipped up on one of the questions early on and knew from there I had no chance at the job. The next 2 people were the hiring manager and another manager. They explained the position in more detail, asked about my background, then asked just a couple STAR questions.

The entire process was relatively painless. Everyone was really nice and welcoming. I received my rejection letter rather quickly which was also nice.

International Travel Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Carlson Wagonlit.

Started by filling out application from posting in the newspaper. Received a call for phone interview. Went to the office for personal interview and take an international travel test. Then had interview with a group or panel from the company. Took a bout a week and then recieved a call for a follow up interview and was offered a position.

Interview Questions
    • Most difficult questions involved dealing with irrate or unhappy people. Had several scenerios with that.   Answer Question
    They mostly took wage or salary info from my resume and presented an offer. They was willing to adjust accordingly at times.

Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Minneapolis, MN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Carlson Wagonlit.

Had two interviews, phone and in-person. Went very well.

Analyst Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Minnetonka, MN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minnetonka, MN

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Carlson Wagonlit in April 2011.

First there was a 30 minute phone interview with HR to run through your resume. Then there was a 2 hour interview with two sets of two people. These interviews were like any other interview I have had. Basic interview questions, not hard.

Interview Questions
    • How many golf balls can you fit in a school bus   View Answer

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Minneapolis, MN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Carlson Wagonlit in April 2010.

I had a screening phone interview with a nice HR rep, asking very general, typical questions. Meeting with my interviewer was an absolute pleasure. The position was filled internally, I found out later, but the interviewer was very friendly, honest, and candid. The whole interview felt more like a conversation between two friends than a typical interview.

The Carlson HQ is a beautiful campus...a bit too suburban for my tastes, but many people would probably like it. Lots of manicured gardens, fountains, marble, glass...but inside is very much Corporate America cube-land.

Senior Travel Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Pristina (Kosovo)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pristina (Kosovo)

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Carlson Wagonlit in May 2010.

I was referred by a friend of mine for that opening position. I had the chance to be selected for the interview. I remember it was a very professional communication in every direction. I felt comfortable in the interview, because it as one on one. Easy to negotiate. Lucky that they accepted me.

Interview Questions
    • Who should we call for you? And what are you salary requirements?   Answer Question

Head of Digital Communications Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  London, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Carlson Wagonlit in February 2014.

An initial interview to determine suitability for CWT was conducted in person. This interview covered most of the competency areas within CWT's Value Statement. A telephone interview followed with the hiring manager and focused on the requirements of the role. Feedback on whether a face-to-face interview would happen was promised within the week but this seems to be where the process broke down. and feedback was not received for a month

Interview Questions
    • How will you manage the internal candidate that was unsuccessful in gaining promotion to the role   Answer Question

Site Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Warsaw (Poland)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Warsaw (Poland)

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Carlson Wagonlit.

one interview, quick process of hiring, only civil contract at first

Worked for Carlson Wagonlit? Contribute to the Community!