Carlson Wagonlit

20 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

International Travel Counselor Interview

International Travel Counselor

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Carlson Wagonlit.

Interview Details – Interviewed with the Director, Account Manager and the Client

Interview Question – Example of booking around the world fares   View Answer

Corporate Travel Agent Interview

Corporate Travel Agent

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Carlson Wagonlit.

Interview Details – It was easy, I just had to take a typing test, take a mock phone call, do the regular interview and talk about my past experience in the industry. I passed the typing test with flying colors as well as the mock phone call and ended up getting a call back with a job offer within 2 hours of leaving.

Interview Question – Name a time you had a disagreement with your manager   View Answer

Analyst Interview

Analyst
Minnetonka, MN

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Carlson Wagonlit in October 2012.

Interview Details – I previously applied for a position with them but the hours weren't a good fit. Found another position I was interested in and emailed my cover letter and resume to the recruiter who contacted me regarding the previous position. She set up a face to face interview with two sets of people.

The first 2 people were HR I believe. They just asked about my background. I slipped up on one of the questions early on and knew from there I had no chance at the job. The next 2 people were the hiring manager and another manager. They explained the position in more detail, asked about my background, then asked just a couple STAR questions.

The entire process was relatively painless. Everyone was really nice and welcoming. I received my rejection letter rather quickly which was also nice.

Interview Question – No unexpected questions   Answer Question

International Travel Consultant Interview

International Travel Consultant
Houston, TX

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Carlson Wagonlit.

Interview Details – Started by filling out application from posting in the newspaper. Received a call for phone interview. Went to the office for personal interview and take an international travel test. Then had interview with a group or panel from the company. Took a bout a week and then recieved a call for a follow up interview and was offered a position.

Interview Question – Most difficult questions involved dealing with irrate or unhappy people. Had several scenerios with that.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They mostly took wage or salary info from my resume and presented an offer. They was willing to adjust accordingly at times.

Systems Analyst Interview

Systems Analyst
Minneapolis, MN

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Carlson Wagonlit.

Interview Details – Had two interviews, phone and in-person. Went very well.

Interview Question – There were no unexpected questions.   Answer Question

Analyst Intern Interview

Analyst Intern
Minnetonka, MN

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Carlson Wagonlit in April 2011.

Interview Details – First there was a 30 minute phone interview with HR to run through your resume. Then there was a 2 hour interview with two sets of two people. These interviews were like any other interview I have had. Basic interview questions, not hard.

Interview Question – How many golf balls can you fit in a school bus   View Answer

Marketing Interview

Marketing
Minneapolis, MN

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Carlson Wagonlit in April 2010.

Interview Details – I had a screening phone interview with a nice HR rep, asking very general, typical questions. Meeting with my interviewer was an absolute pleasure. The position was filled internally, I found out later, but the interviewer was very friendly, honest, and candid. The whole interview felt more like a conversation between two friends than a typical interview.

The Carlson HQ is a beautiful campus...a bit too suburban for my tastes, but many people would probably like it. Lots of manicured gardens, fountains, marble, glass...but inside is very much Corporate America cube-land.

Interview Question – What did you dislike about your last job?   Answer Question

Senior Travel Agent Interview

Senior Travel Agent
Pristina (Kosovo)

I applied in-person and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Carlson Wagonlit in May 2010.

Interview Details – I was referred by a friend of mine for that opening position. I had the chance to be selected for the interview. I remember it was a very professional communication in every direction. I felt comfortable in the interview, because it as one on one. Easy to negotiate. Lucky that they accepted me.

Interview Question – Who should we call for you? And what are you salary requirements?   Answer Question

Head of Digital Communications Interview

Head of Digital Communications
London, England (UK)

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Carlson Wagonlit in February 2014.

Interview Details – An initial interview to determine suitability for CWT was conducted in person. This interview covered most of the competency areas within CWT's Value Statement. A telephone interview followed with the hiring manager and focused on the requirements of the role. Feedback on whether a face-to-face interview would happen was promised within the week but this seems to be where the process broke down. and feedback was not received for a month

Interview Question – How will you manage the internal candidate that was unsuccessful in gaining promotion to the role   Answer Question

Site Administrator Interview

Site Administrator
Warsaw (Poland)

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Carlson Wagonlit.

Interview Details – one interview, quick process of hiring, only civil contract at first

Interviews for Top Jobs at Carlson Wagonlit

Worked for Carlson Wagonlit? Contribute to the Community!