Carlson Wagonlit Travel Interview Questions

Updated Jun 11, 2015

2.7

Meeting Planner Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Carlson Wagonlit Travel in May 2015.

Interview

HR calls to vet the candidate and if the candidate's experience is in line with the position, an interview is scheduled with the hiring manager. A meeting request is sent to the candidate reiterating the time and date of the interview and who will be in on the interview. On the day of the phone interview, the hiring manager and candidate's direct Supervisor called and the interview proceeded. Within the next few days, I received a courteous email that stated they went in a different direction in the hiring process. What was most impressive was that I was offered the name of a company who might be interested in my talents, and in line with my experience and person's name to contact. I was extremely impressed with the courtesies offered to me even though I wasn't the successful candidate for the position.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time when you went above and beyond the call of duty.   Answer Question

Director of Business Development Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Carlson Wagonlit Travel.

Interview

Communications were by phone for the first three interviews. A one-day flight for an in-person interview with the "hiring manager" who didn't appear to have hiring authority. I was told I would be interviewed one more time by a higher manager. That turned into a delay and frustration when communication was one sided on my followup. Extremely formal in the interview process.

Interview Questions

• Questions followed the typical behavioral question list. Nothing out of the ordinary.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I let them know the range prior to interviewing and the initial offer came near the bottom of that range. The interviewing process was so frustrating and I already invested weeks into the process. I was nearing a decision to decline regardless when I spoke to the recruiter. He took over communication to save the deal.

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Carlson Wagonlit Travel in November 2014.

Interview

I was contacted by a CWT Recruiter who sent me an email to setup an Interview time. We later spoke and then she set me up to speak with the Hiring Manager. In speaking with the recruiter it was an overall description as well as some questions on my experience. The hiring manager has some more detailed questions and then later asked me to send her a business plan of what my setup of hitting the road getting business. The entire process took from around 25 days.

Interview Questions

• Having to send a Business Plan without knowing exactly what I am selling or the product was perhaps the most unexpected request from the hiring manager. I sent a general layout with general processes.   Answer Question

International Travel Counselor Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Carlson Wagonlit Travel.

Interview

Interviewed with the Director, Account Manager and the Client

Interview Questions

• Example of booking around the world fares   1 Answer

International Travel Counselor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Carlson Wagonlit Travel (Seattle, WA) in May 2014.

Interview

Interviewed with recruiter and several managers, too many to count. Very unorganized, repetitious. They want to seem professional, but way too much redundancy with typical big company management tones and mentality. They all drank the kool-aide. The interview questions were extremely predictable. Corp agents can dance circles around the management team. They're way to wrapped up in reports and applications and have lost touch with the Agents skill sets and assets.

Interview Questions

• Do you mind hours being cut without pay when it's slow? Watch out, they cut right at Christmas and continue to change schedules day to day.   1 Answer

Corporate Travel Agent Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Carlson Wagonlit Travel.

Interview

It was easy, I just had to take a typing test, take a mock phone call, do the regular interview and talk about my past experience in the industry. I passed the typing test with flying colors as well as the mock phone call and ended up getting a call back with a job offer within 2 hours of leaving.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you had a disagreement with your manager   1 Answer

Director Business Development Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Carlson Wagonlit Travel (Minneapolis, MN) in November 2012.

Interview

Interview with recruiter. Phone Interview with senior executive. Fly out to Minneapolis to meet executives. Several other phone interviews

Interview Questions

• Deep dive into your recent work experience.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Professional and they meet you in the middle.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Minnetonka, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Carlson Wagonlit Travel (Minnetonka, MN) in October 2012.

Interview

I previously applied for a position with them but the hours weren't a good fit. Found another position I was interested in and emailed my cover letter and resume to the recruiter who contacted me regarding the previous position. She set up a face to face interview with two sets of people.

The first 2 people were HR I believe. They just asked about my background. I slipped up on one of the questions early on and knew from there I had no chance at the job. The next 2 people were the hiring manager and another manager. They explained the position in more detail, asked about my background, then asked just a couple STAR questions.

The entire process was relatively painless. Everyone was really nice and welcoming. I received my rejection letter rather quickly which was also nice.

International Travel Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Carlson Wagonlit Travel (Houston, TX).

Interview

Started by filling out application from posting in the newspaper. Received a call for phone interview. Went to the office for personal interview and take an international travel test. Then had interview with a group or panel from the company. Took a bout a week and then recieved a call for a follow up interview and was offered a position.

Interview Questions

• Most difficult questions involved dealing with irrate or unhappy people. Had several scenerios with that.   Answer Question

Negotiation

They mostly took wage or salary info from my resume and presented an offer. They was willing to adjust accordingly at times.

Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Carlson Wagonlit Travel (Minneapolis, MN).

Interview

Had two interviews, phone and in-person. Went very well.