Carlson Wagonlit Travel Interview Questions

Updated Jan 19, 2015
Updated Jan 19, 2015

2.7

Director of Business Development Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Carlson Wagonlit Travel.

Communications were by phone for the first three interviews. A one-day flight for an in-person interview with the "hiring manager" who didn't appear to have hiring authority. I was told I would be interviewed one more time by a higher manager. That turned into a delay and frustration when communication was one sided on my followup. Extremely formal in the interview process.

Interview Questions
    • Questions followed the typical behavioral question list. Nothing out of the ordinary.   View Answer
    I let them know the range prior to interviewing and the initial offer came near the bottom of that range. The interviewing process was so frustrating and I already invested weeks into the process. I was nearing a decision to decline regardless when I spoke to the recruiter. He took over communication to save the deal.

Business Development Director Interview

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Carlson Wagonlit Travel in November 2014.

I was contacted by a CWT Recruiter who sent me an email to setup an Interview time. We later spoke and then she set me up to speak with the Hiring Manager. In speaking with the recruiter it was an overall description as well as some questions on my experience. The hiring manager has some more detailed questions and then later asked me to send her a business plan of what my setup of hitting the road getting business. The entire process took from around 25 days.

Interview Questions
    • Having to send a Business Plan without knowing exactly what I am selling or the product was perhaps the most unexpected request from the hiring manager. I sent a general layout with general processes.   Answer Question

International Travel Counselor Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Carlson Wagonlit Travel.

Interviewed with the Director, Account Manager and the Client

Interview Questions
    • Example of booking around the world fares   View Answer

Corporate Travel Agent Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Carlson Wagonlit Travel.

It was easy, I just had to take a typing test, take a mock phone call, do the regular interview and talk about my past experience in the industry. I passed the typing test with flying colors as well as the mock phone call and ended up getting a call back with a job offer within 2 hours of leaving.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time you had a disagreement with your manager   View Answer

Director Business Development Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Carlson Wagonlit Travel in November 2012.

Interview with recruiter. Phone Interview with senior executive. Fly out to Minneapolis to meet executives. Several other phone interviews

Interview Questions
    • Deep dive into your recent work experience.   View Answer
    Professional and they meet you in the middle.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Minnetonka, MN
    Anonymous Employee in Minnetonka, MN

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Carlson Wagonlit Travel in October 2012.

I previously applied for a position with them but the hours weren't a good fit. Found another position I was interested in and emailed my cover letter and resume to the recruiter who contacted me regarding the previous position. She set up a face to face interview with two sets of people.

The first 2 people were HR I believe. They just asked about my background. I slipped up on one of the questions early on and knew from there I had no chance at the job. The next 2 people were the hiring manager and another manager. They explained the position in more detail, asked about my background, then asked just a couple STAR questions.

The entire process was relatively painless. Everyone was really nice and welcoming. I received my rejection letter rather quickly which was also nice.

International Travel Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Carlson Wagonlit Travel.

Started by filling out application from posting in the newspaper. Received a call for phone interview. Went to the office for personal interview and take an international travel test. Then had interview with a group or panel from the company. Took a bout a week and then recieved a call for a follow up interview and was offered a position.

Interview Questions
    • Most difficult questions involved dealing with irrate or unhappy people. Had several scenerios with that.   Answer Question
    They mostly took wage or salary info from my resume and presented an offer. They was willing to adjust accordingly at times.

Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Carlson Wagonlit Travel.

Had two interviews, phone and in-person. Went very well.

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minnetonka, MN

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Carlson Wagonlit Travel in November 2011.

Fairly boiler plate

Analyst Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minnetonka, MN

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Carlson Wagonlit Travel in April 2011.

First there was a 30 minute phone interview with HR to run through your resume. Then there was a 2 hour interview with two sets of two people. These interviews were like any other interview I have had. Basic interview questions, not hard.

Interview Questions
    • How many golf balls can you fit in a school bus   View Answer