Carlton-Bates Interview Questions

2.3

Interviews for Top Jobs at Carlton-Bates

New Product Integration Tech Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Carlton-Bates (Austin, TX) in May 2011.

Interview

The production floor manager did a walk through of the production floor and what the description of a production personnel was and did a simple quiz to point out certain items in the control box's. The production manager's attitude toward the job was repulsive and wasn't convincing in the least. Once the production interview was over the NPI section of the interview began with a simple review of a product electrical drawing and explaining the overall function of the system is. The supervisor over the NPI area is incompetent and took just about any answer.

Interview Questions

• Explain the overall function of this system   1 Answer

Negotiation

Salary negotiation was minimal as the were firm with their range of 14-17/hr while you can get more (18 maybe 19/hr) if you are willing to wait a day or two for approval.

Branch Administrative Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Carlton-Bates (Raleigh, NC) in January 2009.

Interview

Very professional, down to earth. I felt that I was having a conversation and not a interview.

Interview Questions

• Nothing out of the ordinary that a person wouldn't expect to be asked.   Answer Question

Inside Sales Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Carlton-Bates in December 2009.

Interview

I received a phone call to schedule a phone interview for the following day. Phone interview was about an hour long discussion with Inside Sales Mgr. Following this discussion, I was asked to come in for a formal interview the next week. The day before the interview they emailed me a link to take an online assessment (which took about 2 hours). The day of the interview, I arrived about 15min in advance, and watched the area manager talk to her boss on a cell phone outside the office. I watched from the reception area inside. She paced and talked outside until my interview. The inside sales mgr had to remind her that I was there. We went to their conference room, and I proceeded to be interview by the outside & inside sales mgrs. I thought the interview went quite well. They nodded in agreement and said they enjoyed my answers to their questions. They said they would definitiely contact me the following week. After I did not get a call, I contacted them to find out that I had been passed over for the job.

Interview Questions

• Aside from price how would you sell their product?   1 Answer
    • If a customer calls in, and the inside sale, sales mgr, and area manager all want to talk to me, who do I talk to the first?   1 Answer