Carmeuse North America Interview Questions

Interviews for Top Jobs at Carmeuse North America

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alpena, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alpena, MI

I applied online – interviewed at Carmeuse North America in December 2012.

Applied for the job online in June. Was called by HR in November to schedule a on-site interview. They scheduled it to be in December. The interview was with four people at the same time. Answered about 60 questions. Using the STAR format. Took over one month to hear back.

Interview Questions
    • How do you deal with someone on the team that is missing meetings acd cannot complete their tasks.   Answer Question

Territory Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Winchester, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Winchester, VA

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Carmeuse North America in March 2010.

I had several interviews with VP of Sales and also traveled to HQ to meet with SR. VP of Sales/Marketing. It was an extensive process considering I had no previous aggregate sales experience. The entire process took about 3 weeks.

Interview Questions
    • I had started a business 10 years prior that ultimately had failed. The interviewer, a high level VP, kept pounding me on WHY it had failed.   View Answer
    Short and sweet, I accepted immediately and received multiple raises over the course of my tenure

Engineering Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Carmeuse North America in June 2010.

I applied online, and nearly a month later I got a call from HR. After a phone call with HR, I had a phone call with the person who would be my supervisor. After that I was invited to travel to Pittsburgh for a face to face interview with HR and who would be my supervisor. HR representative was very unorganized and kept having to leave the room to get more documents for me. The mining engineering department that I was interviewing with is fairly new, and very unorganized and works very old school. They don't use real mining software because someone choose AutoCAD, but no one can use it, not even the guy who choose to go with AutocCAD. There was no clear job description at the time of the interview, and they were unsure of the future the candidate would have. They admit they are growing the department to catch up on forgotten work, but are not willing to get organized and grow properly.

Had things been better organized and clearer objectives, I would have chosen to work for Carmeuse. Everyone I met was very nice and professional. Its a good business to be in, hence why they can do so good while being so poorly organized. Just imagine how profitable they could be if they got their act together.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a situation where ou had a different opinion on how something should be done, where your opinion was taken over others.   Answer Question

The job description kept changing. Was told I could live near the mine site, then told I had to live in Pittsburgh and travel 50-70% of the time.

Process Engineer Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Carmeuse North America in March 2009.

Interviewers were very nice. They took the time ro let you ask questions. Plus, they asked questions that partained to the position.Plant tuor was short, but went through the whole process. In addition, what I liked the most was the tuor of of the town.
    Advice to canidates: make sure you send a thankyou letter the fallowing day, they forward to hearing from you