Carmike Cinemas Interview Questions

low pay

Usher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fayetteville, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fayetteville, NC

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Carmike Cinemas in January 2014.

The interviewer was friendly and polite. I felt very comfortable. I only had one interview. I felt as though the assistant manager wanted to be there and wanted me to succeed in the process.

Interview Questions
    • I didn't think that any of the questions were particularly difficult.   Answer Question

Cashier/Usher/Concessionist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hiram, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hiram, GA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Carmike Cinemas in November 2013.

Simple, I was referred and he knew I was positive and capable of the tasks. He asked basic questions, which I knew, like how much their annual buckets cost($18.50), how much the refills cost for bringing them back(3.50 for the day), and how quickly it pays off(after about three refills you would have already gotten more for less, not including the free refills. Some of these prices and things like 3.50 for free refills all day might be limited to my theater. I've seen some of their other theaters offer free refills for buckets, period, without having to pay anything that day so long as you bring in a bucket.

Concessions/Door-worker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Colorado Springs, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Colorado Springs, CO

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Carmike Cinemas in November 2013.

I applied online and got a call for an interview about two weeks later. There was a waiting room with other candidates, but the actual interview was one on one. It was very simple. I was just asked about why I wanted to work there, what my prior experience was, and where I saw myself in the future. I got along very well with the manager and we share a sarcastic sense of humor. I was offered the job at the end of the interview, provided I passed the background check. I had to go to a website that night, submit my information, and get a the background check. Of course, I passed, and I was called later that week saying I had the job.

Interview Questions
    • Where do you see yourself in five years?   Answer Question
    • What would you bring to our company that other candidates can't offer?   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation. It pays minimum wage for entry level associates.

Concessions/Door-worker Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Carmike Cinemas.

The hiring and interview process was pretty easy. I didn't have to dress up for the interview, I called to speak with the manager to schedule an interview, and got the job a few days after. I would recommend you dress up anyway.

Interview Questions
    • Where do you see yourself going in this company in 5 years?   Answer Question

Concession Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Carmike Cinemas.

The most basic of interview questions. How did you solve a difficult problem, where do you see yourself in 5 years, how do you think others view you, basic math questions. Standard fare for an interview. If you have ever interviewed before then you will do fine. If not I recommend looking up any first interview guides online and finding your own answers for those questions because you likely won't be asking anything that deviates too far from that.

Interview Questions
    None, it's minimum wage and no benefits

Complex Manager Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Carmike Cinemas.

Given that this company pays so low and demands long hours, the interview process is all based around whether or not you still want the job after you find out what it entails. I conducted more than 100 interviews for the company and I had numerous people politely decline to continue the interview once I told them the pay and that it was non-negotiable.

Interview Questions
    • They do not use behavioral interviewing. All the questions at my theatre were about availability and whether or not you would be willing to work the job for the salary that was offered.   Answer Question

General Manager Interview

The questions were good and well executed. I was promoted from within the company, I interviewed with two different people and was asked questions that illustrated my ability to think and do.

Staff Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bethlehem, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bethlehem, GA

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Carmike Cinemas in June 2013.

I sent in an application online and was called a couple weeks later about a phone interview. I was talked to by one of the former assistant managers and was then called in for a face interview. I went to the theater and was told to sit down at a table in the front of the lobby. I waited for a good 45 minutes before anyone actually came out to see me. The interview took about 15 minutes in total. One of the assistant managers was the first one to interview me. He asked me questions like "What color would you say your brain would be?" and "what do you think of when you see the color red?" and a bunch of other general stuff like "are you okay with cleaning up throw up?". The second person to interview me was another assistant manager. She also asked me some of the same general questions but some were more movie related, like "What's your favorite movie?" and "What was the last movie you went to see?". She asked me if I was able to work on holidays and I told her I wasn't sure at the moment. She said that's fine but she would like to know before they make a decision. I left and a couple days later I called back and told them that I was able to work on holidays and immediately after the manager said that I was hired and to come in for paperwork. The whole process was long and kind of irritating.

Interview Questions
    • 1.What do you think of when you see the color red?
      2.Can you work on Christmas and Thanksgiving?
        View Answer
    Nothing. I was given my one and only salary rate and told to give them my availability.

Floor Staff Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Carmike Cinemas.

After applying 6 times, finally received a call back. Received a phone call from them saying they were hiring people but didn't like my schedule, then changed and said they wanted an interview. The interview was quick and unprofessional. Waited in the theatre for 30 minutes before I was taken in the party room sat down and just asked if I had my drivers license and social security on me. Small questions on where I worked prior and why I left and then said they only hire at 7.25 no exception

Interview Questions
    • Do you plan on staying here over 5 years?   View Answer
    Weren't allowed to negotiate. Instead it was this is what we pay all employees, asked since I had long history of experience for a higher start they said no.