Carnegie Mellon University Interview Questions in Pennsylvania

Updated Jul 26, 2015

2.6

Graduate Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Carnegie Mellon University (Pittsburgh, PA) in April 2015.

Interview

We were invited to submit our resumes to the graduate program advisor.Then resumes were shortlisted and I was selected for interview.The interview was more about cloud computing and the various databases I was familiar with.I was asked about the NoSQL Database Hbase.The interview was after a month from the resume short listing process.

Postdoctoral Fellow Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Carnegie Mellon University (Pittsburgh, PA) in February 2015.

Interview

I applied online, then followed with phone interview. They asked reference letters and then do on-site interview. The on-site interview includes a seminar in research group, individual meeting with professors and lab tour.

Desk Attendant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Carnegie Mellon University (Pittsburgh, PA) in August 2014.

Interview

The hiring manager calls you into his office or does a phone call. 10 minutes tops. They are more willing to hire people if you apply during the summer so that you can start working for orientation week when all the new freshman come to Carnegie Mellon Campus. They want to make sure you have a friendly demeanor and a responsible person. It is also a customer service and secretary position because sometimes visitors or parents will ask you questions about the university and you have to keep each dorm building's supplies in check and make sure everything is in order.

Interview Questions

• How many dorms are there on campus?   1 Answer

Desk Attendant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Carnegie Mellon University (Pittsburgh, PA) in April 2014.

Interview

It's very easy. They just make sure you will do the job, and you aren't a delinquent I guess. It's more of a small chat than an actual interview. I would still say dress well, because over the summer it isn't competitive, but during the year everyone wants this job since it's the easiest, and it pays just as much as other jobs

Interview Questions

• If you find a desk attendant has been arriving tardy to his/her shifts, how would you react?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Carnegie Mellon University (Pittsburgh, PA) in March 2014.

Interview

The interview process is very lengthy; I met with 6 people on two different days after having a phone interview. I met with 2 people for an hour and then two other people for an hour. Was called back and met with 2 other people for an additional 2 + hours. Everyone was extremely professional, but the one interviewer typed on the computer the entire interview (typing the answers to my interview questions) which distracted me and I don’t know why, but I could not maintain focus as I am used to face to face conversations during a job interview. Although I appreciate the idea of saving paper, the interviewers face was in the computer the whole time and I thought that defeated the purpose of having a face to face. Not meant to be perceived as negative, but for me, I just didn't care for it as I prefer engagement. Overall, it was a pleasant place to interview.

Interview Questions

• Standard interview questions; nothing out of the ordinary.   Answer Question

Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Carnegie Mellon University (Pittsburgh, PA).

Interview

Resume and standard interview

Interview Questions

• What interests you about research?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Negotiate office hours (minimum 10 per week)

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at Carnegie Mellon University (Pittsburgh, PA).

Interview

very ifficult

Interview Questions

• its testing, roe play, keyboarding, 87% of candidates in Phia fail. Pittsburgh has 32% pass   1 Answer

Negotiation

you were so happy to be hired you took what they gave you

Human Resources Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Carnegie Mellon University (Pittsburgh, PA) in July 2013.

Interview

It was a 2 tier interview process. The 1st interview included the immediate team. The 2nd included the directors and AVP of the organization. The questions were mostly "fit" type and behavioral, along with just learning what the day to day was like.

Interview Questions

• Walk me through your resume   1 Answer

Negotiation

Always negotiate!

Bim Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pitts, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Carnegie Mellon University (Pitts, PA) in May 2013.

Interview

It's quite easy if you are well prepared your project samples. They will ask about your experience, what part of model you are familiar with. Show them your model, and be confident for what you have done. It's a academic internship position, so their requirement isn't too hard.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Carnegie Mellon University (Pittsburgh, PA) in May 2013.

Interview

Got the Interview and got hired.

Interview Questions

• What do you expect to learn in your job?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Personal background and right skillset is always crucial.