Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
Interviews for Top Jobs at Carnival Corporation
- Personal Vacation Planner (13)
- Guest Services Associate (3)
- Financial Analyst (3)
- Senior Analyst (2)
- Photographer (2)
- Analyst (2)
- Manager (2)
- Youth Staff (Onboard) (2)
- Entertainment Staff (2)
- Bar Waiter (2)
- Guest Logistics Agent (2)
- Camp Counsellor (1)
- Corporate Trainer (1)
- Purser-Guest Service Agent (1)
- Beverage Coordinator (1)
- Group Reservations Agent (1)
- DCDP (1)
- Assistant Stateroom Stwd (1)
- Audio/Visual Videographer (1)
- Manager IT Infrastructure & Applications (1)
- Entertainment Staff (On Board) (1)
- Stuard (1)
- Cruise Vacation Specialist (1)
- Directorate Human Resources Business Partner (1)
- Outbound Sales Representatives (1)
- Crew Cabin Coordinator (1)
- Crew Travel Coordinator (1)
- Tax Analyst (1)
- Shore Excursions (1)
- Commis (1)
Guest Services Associate Interview
I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Carnival Corporation (Miami, FL) in April 2012.
Be positive and come in with a smile. Make a personal connection with your interviewer and be prepared to discuss if you're a leader and why. Also take note of why you're interested in industry and how you initially became interested. Discuss your passion for service and and exceeding people's expectations. Do background research on current happenings online via the press releases,as you would for any other interview. Make the interview conversationally and not rigid...you set the tone. And most importantly, be yourself!
Salary was was really negotiable...as it was fixed for an entry level position. You can easily work yourself up though.
Other Interview Reviews for Carnival Corporation
Guest Services Associate InterviewAccepted OfferEasy Interview
I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Carnival Corporation.
Depends on your country, usually is held in the capital, in a hotel. Doesn't last long, around 20 mins with standard questions, e.g why you choose Carnival? what is your expereince? etc. The most exhausting part of the interview was a line where you have to wait for an hour or so. The interviewer was pretty pleasant.
Guest Services Associate InterviewAccepted OfferPositive ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Carnival Corporation (Rangoon (Burma)) in October 2011.
Why did you leave your last job? Can you work with diverse crew from many nationalities? How do you handle seasick? What's your favorite movie and why? How do you handle if you deal with difficult guest?
- How would you describe the company culture? Answer Question