Carnival Corporation

40 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Senior Accountant Interview

Senior Accountant

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Carnival Corporation in October 2012.

Interview Details – Depends on the department. I had to get interviewed by 4 different people.

Interview Question – Asked for more information on certain line items of resume.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I wasn't able to negotiate.

Miramar, FL

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Carnival Corporation in November 2012.

Interview Details – Applied online, had a phone interview, went in and talked to 2 managers. I got a call 3 days later offering me the position

Interview Question – Wasn't a difficult interview. They want you to sell them something   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Miami, FL

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Carnival Corporation in May 2010.

Interview Details – They brought you in as a group and assigned you to different vacation planners so you can see what it's like to work in that position-very good! Then brought each person in one by one to interview personally. Everything went great until the bad news for me- their schedule was fixed for new employees and could not be altered. I needed one night off a week, and they were very understanding but simply couldn't do it, which I understood.

Interview Question – Can you work nights?   View Answer

Reason for Declining – They wouldn't let me have off one evening that I needed a week...

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Interviewed at Carnival Corporation

Interview Details – They called and I had an interview over the phone. The questions were pretty basic, it felt like she was reading them out of a book. She scheduled my appointment for an in-person at the end of the call. The in-person took about 2.5 hours and the majority was spent listening to someone make sales calls. The actual interview was pretty basic as well.

Interview Question – I can't remember any difficult questions. Like I said they were all pretty basic   Answer Question

Senior Analyst Interview

Miami, FL

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Carnival Corporation in October 2011.

Interview Details – The hiring and interview process was very straightforward and quick. I did a phone pre-screening interview with HR and then I interviewed in person with several members of the team I will be working with. In the interview they asked me about my prior job experience and I had to do a business case to prove my analitycal skills

Interview Question – What would you do if you think your supervisor is wrong and you want to convince him/her to change his/her mind?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I considered they made me a good offer and I did not negotiate it

Team Waiter Interview

Team Waiter

I applied through a staffing agency and interviewed at Carnival Corporation.

Interview Details – It took like 2 years to get a job for Carnival cruise lines

Interview Question – What is the name of that island?, ther are like 1,000 islands   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Financial Analyst Interview

Financial Analyst
Miami, FL

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Carnival Corporation in January 2009.

Interview Details – very simple, HR person 1/2 hour. Directed me to the hiring Manager within the hour, interviewed with Director for another 1/2 hour. hinted me to make an offer but not right a way.

Interview Question – NONE, a walk in the park.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Director asked how much I wanted to make, and after I replied, she asked me why that amount, and I replied, because it is in the job market for the position. Then she replied that she was not going to low ball me.

Entertainment Staff Interview

Atlanta, GA

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Carnival Corporation in October 2011.

Interview Details – Initial phone interview with recruiter, then group interview with Carnival manager followed by one on one with manager. Group interview was fun, they wanted to see how you interact with others and see your personality. Had to pay own way to city where interview was conducted. Received email offering the job the next day. Then had to get medical exam at own expense and wait over a month for approval from their Medical Dept. As soon as it was approved, I received my ship assignment immediately.

Negotiation Details – no negotiation. they have a set starting salary of $1400 a month

Analyst Interview

Analyst

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Carnival Corporation in May 2013.

Interview Details – HR Call , phone interview next day with Hiring Manager.

Interview Question – What stresses you?   Answer Question

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Doral, FL

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Carnival Corporation.

Interview Details – I had to go through three interviews. You will meet HR, then your manager, and the Direct and the VP of the department. You will be tested for Excel skills even though we found out later that the test given was biased as we, power users, did not go over 75% of correct answers as it was possible to answer to commands only through the menu' and not the shortcuts or buttons.
They will ask for paystubs from prior employer and tax returns to check on prior pay. Be ready, don't lie.

Interview Question – Problem solved at pc with a real case analysis.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I could have done better in the beginning but I ended up ok. Do your homework on salary and negotiate.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Carnival Corporation

Worked for Carnival Corporation? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Carnival Corporation interview questions and advice. All 40 interview reviews posted anonymously by Carnival Corporation employees and interview candidates.