Carnival Corporation

Average Difficulty
46 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Personal Vacation Planner

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Carnival Corporation.

Interview Details – Submitted resume, called for initial interview within 24 hours. Quite a lengthy interview for a screening type interview. Roughly 45 minutes, but a pleasant interview. I felt it was quite thorough and easy to talk to the interviewer.

Interview Question – Not so much a question, as a constant feeling that the interviewer was not sold on the job. It was apparent from the job posting that the job entails a commitment to ourbound calling to make the contacts for sales. I supposed they have people apply that do not grasp all that commitment entails, but I felt the interviewer herself felt it would not be an enjoyable job.   Answer Question

Youth Counselor Interview

Youth Counselor

I applied in-person and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Carnival Corporation.

Interview Details – Interview was relaxed. Questions were about working with different age groups, different kids activities. Additional questions were about living onboard for long period of time without days off, and would I have difficulties sharing cabin with another person.

Interview Question – There was no unexpected questions   Answer Question

Stuard Interview

Stuard
Miami, FL

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Carnival Corporation in February 2014.

Interview Details – Same day interview. Average questions from most one on one interviews. Felt a little stressed about one on one but having a resume and going over it always helps. Was polite, attentive and smiling. Showing interest.

Interview Question – Nothing difficult. All pretty basic.   Answer Question

Senior Accountant Interview

Senior Accountant

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Carnival Corporation in October 2012.

Interview Details – Depends on the department. I had to get interviewed by 4 different people.

Interview Question – Asked for more information on certain line items of resume.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I wasn't able to negotiate.

Miramar, FL

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Carnival Corporation in November 2012.

Interview Details – Applied online, had a phone interview, went in and talked to 2 managers. I got a call 3 days later offering me the position

Interview Question – Wasn't a difficult interview. They want you to sell them something   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Miami, FL

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Carnival Corporation in May 2010.

Interview Details – They brought you in as a group and assigned you to different vacation planners so you can see what it's like to work in that position-very good! Then brought each person in one by one to interview personally. Everything went great until the bad news for me- their schedule was fixed for new employees and could not be altered. I needed one night off a week, and they were very understanding but simply couldn't do it, which I understood.

Interview Question – Can you work nights?   View Answer

Reason for Declining – They wouldn't let me have off one evening that I needed a week...

Interviewed at Carnival Corporation

Interview Details – They called and I had an interview over the phone. The questions were pretty basic, it felt like she was reading them out of a book. She scheduled my appointment for an in-person at the end of the call. The in-person took about 2.5 hours and the majority was spent listening to someone make sales calls. The actual interview was pretty basic as well.

Interview Question – I can't remember any difficult questions. Like I said they were all pretty basic   Answer Question

Senior Analyst Interview

Senior Analyst
Miami, FL

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Carnival Corporation in October 2011.

Interview Details – The hiring and interview process was very straightforward and quick. I did a phone pre-screening interview with HR and then I interviewed in person with several members of the team I will be working with. In the interview they asked me about my prior job experience and I had to do a business case to prove my analitycal skills

Interview Question – What would you do if you think your supervisor is wrong and you want to convince him/her to change his/her mind?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I considered they made me a good offer and I did not negotiate it

Team Waiter Interview

Team Waiter

I applied through a staffing agency and interviewed at Carnival Corporation.

Interview Details – It took like 2 years to get a job for Carnival cruise lines

Interview Question – What is the name of that island?, ther are like 1,000 islands   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Financial Analyst Interview

Financial Analyst
Miami, FL

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Carnival Corporation in January 2009.

Interview Details – very simple, HR person 1/2 hour. Directed me to the hiring Manager within the hour, interviewed with Director for another 1/2 hour. hinted me to make an offer but not right a way.

Interview Question – NONE, a walk in the park.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Director asked how much I wanted to make, and after I replied, she asked me why that amount, and I replied, because it is in the job market for the position. Then she replied that she was not going to low ball me.

Worked for Carnival Corporation? Contribute to the Community!