Carnival Corporation Interview Questions

2.4

Cruise Vacation Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miramar, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miramar, FL

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Carnival Corporation.

1st interview was a group of 10 people at a time. You basically have about 2 minutes to sell yourself so to speak. After that if you are picked you do another round of interviews which is a one on one. You'll sit on the floor and listen in on calls and after you come back to speak with management so they can get to know you a little more. The overall experience was great.

Interview Questions
    • How would you be able ro handle rejection after rejection?   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Carnival Corporation in February 2015.

Was very quick, found out that week. Pretty straightforward interview and i got an offer that week. Nothing too hard was asked, just know a tiny bit about the company and you will do just fine on your interview. That is pretty much it.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you had a project that didn't go according to plan   Answer Question

Personal Vacation Planner Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Carnival Corporation.

Very difficult. Depending on whom you are interviewing with. More friendly interviewers hired more people. It is all based on who interviews you and what type of mood they are in. It is very much like a cattle call.

Interview Questions
    • They asked you to sell them something. If you know the sales process this is a simple question.   Answer Question

Entertainment Staff (On Board) Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at Carnival Corporation in November 2014.

I applied through Cast-a-Way, and they contacted me about 2 months after I initially applied. Due to a lack of open positions I waited about 6 months until the interview. I needed to travel to Chicago and the interview was conducted there. First part of the day was introducing ourselves to the other 30 something people there, and learning about the position onboard. We played a little card game that had you do silly tasks written on them. Second part of the day was one-on-one interviews. The whole process lasted about 4 hours.

Interview Questions
    • The card game was challenging because some people had to make up a poem or song on the spot as part of their challenge.   Answer Question

Manager IT Infrastructure & Applications Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Carnival Corporation in October 2014.

The process was very professional and friendly. I was guided along the way and everything happened very quickly. I was told what to expect, there were no surprises. I heard back exactly when I was told that I would, The questions were fair. I felt very good about the process.

Interview Questions
    • Why are you the best candidate for this job?   View Answer

Personal Vacation Planner Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Carnival Corporation in September 2014.

Applied online September 5th. After completing online application link requested interview to be set up. Had first interview on Sept 9 via telephone with HR recruiter. Immediately set up for second interview via webcam for the following day with a Team Manager and then Hiring Manager. Received phone call Friday offering me the position and received link with all new hire documents.

Interview Questions
    • They want you to sell them a cruise via webcam. Point out the benefits. Other than that, pretty standard questions. Hiring manager was very thorough with job description and what is expected.   View Answer
    I did not negotiate. I was satisfied with the base salary and commission structure.

Personal Vacation Planner Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Carnival Corporation.

Totally disappointed, Online interview process took two hours including training and a mock call center. The answers to the mock customer are not even anything that a Customer Service Rep would ever say to a customer. Without even talking to a live person I was "not the ideal candidate" What a waste of my time that I could have used to find other employment.

Interview Questions
    • Training for a Mock Customer Call Center was a waste of time.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL
    Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Carnival Corporation in August 2014.

Went to an open house at Carnival headquarters and was given a number. When my group of numbers was called about 10 of us went into a room and we were asked to stand up and introduce ourselves everyone. Every spoke for about one minute and at the end of the interview they asked us to step out of the room. Out of my group of 10, two were chosen. Unfortunately I was not chosen.

Guest Logistics Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Long Beach, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Long Beach, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Carnival Corporation in August 2014.

Called and told me what I'll be doing and how much the pay and if I was interested then told me to bring my ssc and I.d. I then went in for an interview and was offered the job and signed papers the same day

Interview Questions
    • What made you want to work for carnival cruise and tell me about yourself   Answer Question
    None $9.00 an hour no medical benefits but there is cruise benefits

Direct Sales Interview

I applied through other source – interviewed at Carnival Corporation.

I paid for the training so that I could work for Carnival. The training was around $250.00. I completed the training and passed the class. I then went into customer service and trained over into direct sales.