Carnival Corporation Interview Questions

Updated Aug 13, 2015

2.4

Bill Collector Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Carnival Corporation.

Interview

This was a two part interview. I first had an interview with the hiring manager, Charmaine. We discussed my past collections experience, and then we reviewed all the softwares that Progressive uses. After my impressive interview with Charmaine, I then had an interview with my immediate supervisor, Ray. He asked me a few more questions, some similar to what Charmaine asked me, and plus a few of his own questions. I answered them to the best of my ability.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Carnival Corporation.

Interview

First round with a recruitment firm. Second is also at the agency's office with another employee at a higher level and with CCL's hiring manager. Testing the English and other language knowledges, some general questions. Very low stress. If you know what you are applying for, you can't be surprised.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for CCL? Are you employed at the moment?   Answer Question

Senior Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Carnival Corporation in May 2015.

Interview

Completely unprofessional. Company confirmed in-person interview in Miami and booked flight reservations, only to cancel one day before the flight, via email (and without returning phone calls; recruiter Katrina Taboas). Reason provided was a fact that they knew from the start. Do not recommend a company that does not value its candidates' time and does not step up to honor its commitments.

Interview Questions

• Initial screening included questions about background/experience   Answer Question

Personal Vacation Planner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Carnival Corporation (Miami, FL) in April 2015.

Interview

The interview was alright. They do everything possible to make you feel comfortable. At first a recruiter tells you all about the compensation package, which if you are struggling for money this might not be job for you since you won't see that for about 3 months. Then the interview consists of 2 people asking you questions. Honestly, I feel the man's first language was definitely not English, the way they phrase things is a bit confusing. But not the worst interview I've been to.

Interview Questions

• They ask you to talk about yourself. What would your best friend say about you?   Answer Question

Youth Staff (Onboard) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brooklyn, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Carnival Corporation (Brooklyn, NY) in April 2015.

Interview

I applied online and about a week later, I was sent a video interview invitation via HireVue. The first few questions were video responses, the last three were written responses. The questions were about experience in working with kids. I have a good background in working with kids for about 3 years, so I felt confident with my interview. I even remembered company info. I looked presentable and had no distracting background in my video. I felt I did good. When I was done, I got an email saying that I would hear from someone about next steps within a week. Well, a whole month passed and I haven't heard anything. I went on their website to see details about the recruiting process and it said that you're supposed to hear from someone within a week or two. Since it's been a month, I called human resources because I really wanted the job. One of the reps told me that they would inform the right person and that I would get a call within a day or two. The very next day I got a rejection email talking about the status of my application changed. After I made that phone call? Right.... That was so bogus to me. I have a strong background in working with kids in a school and community center, and they said they needed someone more qualified... really? And made me wait a whole month just to reject me after I called them. Bogus. Makes no sense. Maybe I need to apply through an agency instead.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about our youth partnership programs? Have you ever worked in a costume? What age group do you work better with? What does "youth" mean to you? Do you have a special talent? Etc...   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Carnival Corporation (Miami, FL) in March 2015.

Interview

Met with two folks, easy going. Described job function. explained responsibilities, discussed details of job, expalined who I would be responsible for. did not discuss salary, interview was over the phone as the director and VP are in California. I explained my qualifications. Why I would be ideal for the position, very positive experience with good energy.,

Cruise Vacation Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Miramar, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Carnival Corporation (Miramar, FL).

Interview

1st interview was a group of 10 people at a time. You basically have about 2 minutes to sell yourself so to speak. After that if you are picked you do another round of interviews which is a one on one. You'll sit on the floor and listen in on calls and after you come back to speak with management so they can get to know you a little more. The overall experience was great.

Interview Questions

• How would you be able ro handle rejection after rejection?   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Carnival Corporation (Miami, FL) in February 2015.

Interview

Was very quick, found out that week. Pretty straightforward interview and i got an offer that week. Nothing too hard was asked, just know a tiny bit about the company and you will do just fine on your interview. That is pretty much it.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had a project that didn't go according to plan   Answer Question

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Carnival Corporation.

Interview

Very difficult. Depending on whom you are interviewing with. More friendly interviewers hired more people. It is all based on who interviews you and what type of mood they are in. It is very much like a cattle call.

Interview Questions

• They asked you to sell them something. If you know the sales process this is a simple question.   Answer Question

Entertainment Staff (On Board) Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Carnival Corporation in November 2014.

Interview

I applied through Cast-a-Way, and they contacted me about 2 months after I initially applied. Due to a lack of open positions I waited about 6 months until the interview. I needed to travel to Chicago and the interview was conducted there. First part of the day was introducing ourselves to the other 30 something people there, and learning about the position onboard. We played a little card game that had you do silly tasks written on them. Second part of the day was one-on-one interviews. The whole process lasted about 4 hours.

Interview Questions

• The card game was challenging because some people had to make up a poem or song on the spot as part of their challenge.   Answer Question