Carnival Corporation

Updated Dec 3, 2014
Updated Dec 3, 2014

2.4

Chef Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Carnival Corporation in January 2011.

my interview was taken from India

Interview Questions
    • questions are based on culanary arts, so i dont found any diffucalty   Answer Question
    be faithful

Regional Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Northeast, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Northeast, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Carnival Corporation in May 2010.

All resumes are prescreened by HR and then go through a series of interviews both internally and then with the hiring Director. Carnival tends to promote from within the company so most positions are recruited from within but exceptional candidates will always be considered especially if recommended by a current employee. Overall, interviews are normally an hour and focus on specific sales experience, number of years in either the specific territory or relevant experience. Most important characteristics are formal sales training, excellent communications skills for both agent training and consumer presentations as well as understanding of local advertising, competition in the market and overall cultural fit within the organization.

Interview Questions
    • Describe in detail your largest sales success story including size of deal, process of closing deal, negotiation skills required, obstacles overcome and results that make this best deal   Answer Question
    Yes, able to negotiate for higher salary as well as more vacation time

Senior Accountant Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Carnival Corporation in October 2012.

Depends on the department. I had to get interviewed by 4 different people.

Interview Questions
    • Asked for more information on certain line items of resume.   View Answer
    I wasn't able to negotiate.

Stuard Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Carnival Corporation in February 2014.

Same day interview. Average questions from most one on one interviews. Felt a little stressed about one on one but having a resume and going over it always helps. Was polite, attentive and smiling. Showing interest.

Youth Counselor Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Carnival Corporation.

Interview was relaxed. Questions were about working with different age groups, different kids activities. Additional questions were about living onboard for long period of time without days off, and would I have difficulties sharing cabin with another person.

Personal Vacation Planner Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Carnival Corporation.

Submitted resume, called for initial interview within 24 hours. Quite a lengthy interview for a screening type interview. Roughly 45 minutes, but a pleasant interview. I felt it was quite thorough and easy to talk to the interviewer.

Interview Questions
    • Not so much a question, as a constant feeling that the interviewer was not sold on the job. It was apparent from the job posting that the job entails a commitment to ourbound calling to make the contacts for sales. I supposed they have people apply that do not grasp all that commitment entails, but I felt the interviewer herself felt it would not be an enjoyable job.   Answer Question

Directorate Human Resources Business Partner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Southampton, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Southampton, England (UK)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 8 weeksinterviewed at Carnival Corporation in June 2014.

Very welcoming email from Carnival - had applied a couple of time pervious and not interviewed, so was excited to be asked to apply for this role. The recruiter was very warm, welcoming and open about the role and what they wanted to achieve. Passed the screening section so was invited to meet with Head of the department. He gave me insights into the company and what they now needed to achieve - a bit of catch up with their competitors. Was an hour long interview - left neutral and was told I would hear back.
    Have heard nothing back from Carnival, I have left 2 ph messages with the recruiter and an email and that was 5 weeks ago. I am ok with a NO - but let people know - your business is customer service and brand, you have let yourself down. If this has happened to me, how many other people has this happened to?

Entertainment Staff Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at Carnival Corporation in March 2014.

I submitted my resume through a Canadian recruiter (cast-a-way), and was contacted for an initial skype interview about a month later. After that went well, I was invited to meet with the Carnival hiring team who happened to be hosting a group interview session in my city a couple weeks later.

It was a full day event, the morning started with an orientation about life on board and expectations, then we played games in front of the group to get a sense of our personalities and public speaking abilities, and finally we met one-on-one with Carnival representatives.

They asked us to bring with us a current resume, a copy of our passport, two letters of reference, background check, and any relevant degrees.

After I was told of my acceptance, I was required to complete a very thorough medical (physical, blood, urine) which cost me $500.

Once I was given the final go-ahead, someone from Carnival contacted me to help with onboarding.

Between submitting resume to first day on the job, six months.

Overall, the interview process was a very positive experience.

Interview Questions
    • We were divided into groups and asked to come up with fake definitions to a word (a la Balderdash) and present them to the group.   Answer Question
    There's little room to negotiate. You start as an entry level employee and if you want to make a career of it, need to work your way up.

Outbound Sales Representatives Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miramar, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miramar, FL

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Carnival Corporation in July 2014.

There was an open house in which all of us watch a video that explains the job duties. After that you are called in groups of 10 and you have to introduce yourself and explain to two or three managers why you are the perfect fit. If you are one of the three selected, you will get an interview that same day.

Interview Questions
    • The only question was to explain why are you a perfect fit for the job   Answer Question

Personal Vacation Planner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Carnival Corporation in August 2014.

Went to an open house at Carnival headquarters and was given a number. When my group of numbers was called about 10 of us went into a room and we were asked to stand up and introduce ourselves everyone. Every spoke for about one minute and at the end of the interview they asked us to step out of the room. Out of my group of 10, two were chosen. Unfortunately I was not chosen.