Carnival Corporation

46 candidate interviews

Very Difficult Interview

Chef Interview

Chef

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Carnival Corporation in January 2011.

Interview Details – my interview was taken from India

Interview Question – questions are based on culanary arts, so i dont found any diffucalty   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – be faithful

Senior Accountant Interview

Senior Accountant

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Carnival Corporation in October 2012.

Interview Details – Depends on the department. I had to get interviewed by 4 different people.

Interview Question – Asked for more information on certain line items of resume.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I wasn't able to negotiate.

Regional Sales Manager Interview

Regional Sales Manager
Northeast, NY

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Carnival Corporation in May 2010.

Interview Details – All resumes are prescreened by HR and then go through a series of interviews both internally and then with the hiring Director. Carnival tends to promote from within the company so most positions are recruited from within but exceptional candidates will always be considered especially if recommended by a current employee. Overall, interviews are normally an hour and focus on specific sales experience, number of years in either the specific territory or relevant experience. Most important characteristics are formal sales training, excellent communications skills for both agent training and consumer presentations as well as understanding of local advertising, competition in the market and overall cultural fit within the organization.

Interview Question – Describe in detail your largest sales success story including size of deal, process of closing deal, negotiation skills required, obstacles overcome and results that make this best deal   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Yes, able to negotiate for higher salary as well as more vacation time

Senior Analyst Interview

Senior Analyst
Miami, FL

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Carnival Corporation in October 2011.

Interview Details – The hiring and interview process was very straightforward and quick. I did a phone pre-screening interview with HR and then I interviewed in person with several members of the team I will be working with. In the interview they asked me about my prior job experience and I had to do a business case to prove my analitycal skills

Interview Question – What would you do if you think your supervisor is wrong and you want to convince him/her to change his/her mind?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I considered they made me a good offer and I did not negotiate it

Photographer Interview

Photographer
Zagreb (Croatia)

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 11 months - interviewed at Carnival Corporation in May 2011.

Interview Details – Only one interview.Before the interview,some preparations for the interview (utterly useless instructions, in fact, useful if you are a moron),and they charge you for that.In case you refuse to pay,you will not get the chance to participate the interview.Easy as that.Blackmail!

Negotiation Details – They promise you a fairy tale.They promise you a job totally diferently described that the one you will be doin'!They promise you a sallary,but,as they say,it will be that small only in the beginning,... ,although after a long time, numerous commendations and the change of status has not significantly changed.Only for 100 USD more,on monthly base.

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Senior Financial Analyst
Doral, FL

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Carnival Corporation.

Interview Details – I had to go through three interviews. You will meet HR, then your manager, and the Direct and the VP of the department. You will be tested for Excel skills even though we found out later that the test given was biased as we, power users, did not go over 75% of correct answers as it was possible to answer to commands only through the menu' and not the shortcuts or buttons.
They will ask for paystubs from prior employer and tax returns to check on prior pay. Be ready, don't lie.

Interview Question – Problem solved at pc with a real case analysis.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I could have done better in the beginning but I ended up ok. Do your homework on salary and negotiate.

Commis Interview

Commis
Margaon (India)

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 6 months - interviewed at Carnival Corporation.

Interview Details – getting hired for carnival is not very difficult.
all you need is any course in hotel management and few years of work experience of at least 2 years.
it is more easy in phillipines where umbrella repairers,shoe polish guys are picked up from the streets and given jobs with only their plus point being they can speak some english.

Interview Question – how many years are you willing to work for carnival if given a chance?   View Answer

Audio/Visual Videographer Interview

Audio/Visual Videographer
Pittsburgh, PA

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Carnival Corporation in January 2009.

Interview Details – The interview was held at a video conferencing center at what was then a Kinkos. I specifically asked them if I got time off when we visited ports. They said I usually would, but occasionally might have to tape a tour. They flat-out lied. Once I started working for them, I found out I NEVER got time off in port other than 8 hours in Tampa. Every port we visited required me to tape a tour, which was usually one of two tours. ANy company that lies to an prospective employee to trick them into taking a job they will hate is a shady company to work for.

Negotiation Details – No negotiation.

Assistant Technical Director Interview

Assistant Technical Director
Miami, FL

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Carnival Corporation in October 2009.

Interview Details – I sent my resume, personal website, and media packet, via email to the company, I then received a call no longer then a day later, interviewed with them, they offered my 40,000 a year with full benifits, two weeks paid vacation, medical, dental, vision etc. I was one of three out of a 142 applicants to make it to the second interview process, where I had another phone interview this time with the Production Manager, who asked me questions about rigging, automation, set design etc. I was then told that I would then be contacted again in a week if i had a job offer, I was never contacted.

Interview Question – What is Ohm's Law?   View Answers (2)

Business Analyst Interview

Business Analyst
Miami, FL

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Carnival Corporation in February 2011.

Interview Details – I applied to this position through my school's career website. Then I was contacted to setup a phone interview.

I was asked a few basic questions:
 why are you interested in this company? what are some of your weaknesses? can you explain a couple things on your resume?

Then I was asked a few scenario questions:
how would you go about raising profits from soda sales on a ship? if we were looking to renew a contract with coke what research would you take into account?

I thought the interviewer was friendly and was genuinely interested in what I had to say. I built a rapport with him through our interview and we had a little conversation about some topics. I got to ask him questions about some company procedures as well and the interviewer elaborated on his answers with stories, which was nice.

The next step in the process was an onsite interview. However, I was not contacted after my phone interview about the next step.
HOwe

Interview Question – How would you go about raising profits on soda sales on a cruise?   Answer Question

Worked for Carnival Corporation? Contribute to the Community!