Carnival Corporation Interview Questions

Updated Sep 16, 2014
Updated Sep 16, 2014

2.4

Personal Vacation Planner Interview

They called and I had an interview over the phone. The questions were pretty basic, it felt like she was reading them out of a book. She scheduled my appointment for an in-person at the end of the call. The in-person took about 2.5 hours and the majority was spent listening to someone make sales calls. The actual interview was pretty basic as well.

Interview Questions
    • I can't remember any difficult questions. Like I said they were all pretty basic   Answer Question

Direct Sales Interview

I applied through other source - interviewed at Carnival Corporation.

I paid for the training so that I could work for Carnival. The training was around $250.00. I completed the training and passed the class. I then went into customer service and trained over into direct sales.

Manager Interview

The hiring was fairly simple - the interview was rudimentary but post-interview follow up took a very long time. HR was helpful and very friendly throughout the process.

Interview Questions
    • "Please describe how you deeply understand our typical customer's preferences and vacation style."   Answer Question

Personal Vacation Planner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

I applied in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at Carnival Corporation in May 2010.

They brought you in as a group and assigned you to different vacation planners so you can see what it's like to work in that position-very good! Then brought each person in one by one to interview personally. Everything went great until the bad news for me- their schedule was fixed for new employees and could not be altered. I needed one night off a week, and they were very understanding but simply couldn't do it, which I understood.

Interview Questions

They wouldn't let me have off one evening that I needed a week...

Waitress Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Carnival Corporation in October 2012.

Hiring process took less than two months. The Interview was fast approximately 5 minutes, questions were so simple, about my personality. No need to be nervous or ashamed, don't panic just be calm and be prepared. The interviewer was polite, attentive and smiling. Showing interest.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you apply for this job position when you have so much education and great experience in your country?   Answer Question

Butcher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Dubai (United Arab Emirates)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dubai (United Arab Emirates)

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Carnival Corporation in July 2009.

easy id u are well educated

Interview Questions
    i acceptes the basic scale salary,no negotiation

Guest Services Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a day - interviewed at Carnival Corporation in April 2012.

Be positive and come in with a smile. Make a personal connection with your interviewer and be prepared to discuss if you're a leader and why. Also take note of why you're interested in industry and how you initially became interested. Discuss your passion for service and and exceeding people's expectations. Do background research on current happenings online via the press releases,as you would for any other interview. Make the interview conversationally and not rigid...you set the tone. And most importantly, be yourself!

Interview Questions
    Salary was was really negotiable...as it was fixed for an entry level position. You can easily work yourself up though.

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Carnival Corporation in February 2008.

Applied directly, job posted on careerbuilder, HR recruiter from Carnival called me for an interview, after a 15 minutes interview, basically about my previous work experience, she decided I was qualified to meet the hiring manager. She called her immediately, manager was not at her desk, so I gave the HR person my cell phone number and said she could reach anytime for the next interview. After leaving the building I got the call within 15 minutes and headed back for an interview with the hiring manager. After a 20 minute interview with the hiring manager, and just expressing my experience on the job, she asked me How much I wanted to make? I gave her a number and she said why, I replied because it was the average salry on the market, but I also told her I was willing to negotiate and basically hear an offer, she said, she wouldn't low ball me, and asked me one more question, whether I had other interviews lined up, to which I replied Yes indeed. So she handed me her business card and said I would hear from her soon. Surely did I got a call next morning form the HR person offering me the job.

Interview Questions
    • Why Had I decided to quit my previous job?   View Answer
    Give an average of the salary expected but if you want the job make you sure you say that you are willing to negotiate.

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Carnival Corporation in January 2009.

very simple, HR person 1/2 hour. Directed me to the hiring Manager within the hour, interviewed with Director for another 1/2 hour. hinted me to make an offer but not right a way.

Interview Questions
    Director asked how much I wanted to make, and after I replied, she asked me why that amount, and I replied, because it is in the job market for the position. Then she replied that she was not going to low ball me.

Group Reservations Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Carnival Corporation in June 2010.

I answered an advertisement in the newspaper for a hiring fair. I arrived along with a gazillion other people with resume in hand, varying levels of business professional dress code. Was given a quick interview by one of the managers on the call center floor, was asked why this was a good fit for me and give one instance when such and such happened and how did I deal/overcome. Then had an interview with the department head who reviewed resume and asked questions pertaining to previous employment. I was given job offer. Neither of those persons are still employed there as the company did MAJOR "changes" eg. fired a lot of people for whatever reason. Nice place to work but once you are on the phones, it is difficult to move to a different position especially if you take advantage of your vacation time, it counts against you.

Interview Questions
    • Name one situation in a previous job where you encountered a difficulty and how did you overcome it?   Answer Question
    No negotiation for that position.

Worked for Carnival Corporation? Contribute to the Community!