Carnival Corporation Interview Questions

Updated Jun 26, 2015

2.4

Manager Interview

Interview

The hiring was fairly simple - the interview was rudimentary but post-interview follow up took a very long time. HR was helpful and very friendly throughout the process.

Interview Questions

• "Please describe how you deeply understand our typical customer's preferences and vacation style."   Answer Question

Personal Vacation Planner Interview

Interview

They called and I had an interview over the phone. The questions were pretty basic, it felt like she was reading them out of a book. She scheduled my appointment for an in-person at the end of the call. The in-person took about 2.5 hours and the majority was spent listening to someone make sales calls. The actual interview was pretty basic as well.

Interview Questions

• I can't remember any difficult questions. Like I said they were all pretty basic   Answer Question

Direct Sales Interview

Application

I applied through other source – interviewed at Carnival Corporation.

Interview

I paid for the training so that I could work for Carnival. The training was around $250.00. I completed the training and passed the class. I then went into customer service and trained over into direct sales.

Waitress Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Carnival Corporation in October 2012.

Interview

Hiring process took less than two months. The Interview was fast approximately 5 minutes, questions were so simple, about my personality. No need to be nervous or ashamed, don't panic just be calm and be prepared. The interviewer was polite, attentive and smiling. Showing interest.

Interview Questions

• Why do you apply for this job position when you have so much education and great experience in your country?   Answer Question

Guest Logistics Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Long Beach, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Carnival Corporation (Long Beach, CA) in August 2014.

Interview

Called and told me what I'll be doing and how much the pay and if I was interested then told me to bring my ssc and I.d. I then went in for an interview and was offered the job and signed papers the same day

Interview Questions

• What made you want to work for carnival cruise and tell me about yourself   Answer Question

Negotiation

None $9.00 an hour no medical benefits but there is cruise benefits

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Carnival Corporation (Miami, FL) in March 2015.

Interview

Met with two folks, easy going. Described job function. explained responsibilities, discussed details of job, expalined who I would be responsible for. did not discuss salary, interview was over the phone as the director and VP are in California. I explained my qualifications. Why I would be ideal for the position, very positive experience with good energy.,

Senior Audit Consultant Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Carnival Corporation in January 2014.

Interview

Two rounds. First round is the real interview. More behavioral questions. Good idea if you have a couple of technical/specific questions for the interviewer themselves. There were a couple of warning signs to watch out for though, like when each interviewer tells you that your boss has a "unique" personality, or can be "difficult" at times. If you hear those buzzwords, run away! Your interviewing with the wrong department at Carnival

Interview Questions

• What is your biggest fault?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negoitation

Personal Vacation Planner Interview

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Carnival Corporation (Miami, FL) in May 2010.

Interview

They brought you in as a group and assigned you to different vacation planners so you can see what it's like to work in that position-very good! Then brought each person in one by one to interview personally. Everything went great until the bad news for me- their schedule was fixed for new employees and could not be altered. I needed one night off a week, and they were very understanding but simply couldn't do it, which I understood.

Interview Questions

They wouldn't let me have off one evening that I needed a week...

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Carnival Corporation (Miami, FL) in January 2009.

Interview

very simple, HR person 1/2 hour. Directed me to the hiring Manager within the hour, interviewed with Director for another 1/2 hour. hinted me to make an offer but not right a way.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Director asked how much I wanted to make, and after I replied, she asked me why that amount, and I replied, because it is in the job market for the position. Then she replied that she was not going to low ball me.

Bar Waiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lima, Lima Region (Peru)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Carnival Corporation (Lima, Lima Region (Peru)) in February 2009.

Interview

Apply in locate agencies that prepares you for the interview with the hirer

Interview Questions

• Are you able to work in difficult conditions like roughing seas   2 Answers

Negotiation

No chance to negotiate. Just show an outgoing personality