Carnival Corporation

2.4

Cruise Vacation Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miramar, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miramar, FL

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Carnival Corporation.

1st interview was a group of 10 people at a time. You basically have about 2 minutes to sell yourself so to speak. After that if you are picked you do another round of interviews which is a one on one. You'll sit on the floor and listen in on calls and after you come back to speak with management so they can get to know you a little more. The overall experience was great.

Interview Questions
    • How would you be able ro handle rejection after rejection?   Answer Question

Entertainment Staff (On Board) Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at Carnival Corporation in November 2014.

I applied through Cast-a-Way, and they contacted me about 2 months after I initially applied. Due to a lack of open positions I waited about 6 months until the interview. I needed to travel to Chicago and the interview was conducted there. First part of the day was introducing ourselves to the other 30 something people there, and learning about the position onboard. We played a little card game that had you do silly tasks written on them. Second part of the day was one-on-one interviews. The whole process lasted about 4 hours.

Interview Questions
    • The card game was challenging because some people had to make up a poem or song on the spot as part of their challenge.   Answer Question

Personal Vacation Planner Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Carnival Corporation.

Very difficult. Depending on whom you are interviewing with. More friendly interviewers hired more people. It is all based on who interviews you and what type of mood they are in. It is very much like a cattle call.

Interview Questions
    • They asked you to sell them something. If you know the sales process this is a simple question.   Answer Question

Bar Waiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Warsaw (Poland)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Warsaw (Poland)

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at Carnival Corporation in July 2010.

applied through the agency, they arranged interview and paperwork. had interview with company HR representatives in Warsaw. visa, medical check, criminal check were need to be done before joining the ship. Need to pay my ticket , but hotel was paid by the company before joining the ship. then 3 month bar college, After completion transfer to another ship.

Guest Services Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rangoon (Burma)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rangoon (Burma)

I applied through a staffing agency – interviewed at Carnival Corporation in October 2011.

Why did you leave your last job?
    Can you work with diverse crew from many nationalities?
    How do you handle seasick?
    What's your favorite movie and why?
    How do you handle if you deal with difficult guest?

Crew Cabin Coordinator Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Carnival Corporation in April 2014.

This was the second position that I applied for at Carnival. The first was a home based reservations agent. The recruiter was very rude and abrupt during the phone interview. I still really wanted to work for this company so I applied for another position - crew cabin coordinator. The recruiter called me on a Friday afternoon. I called back a couple of hours later and left a message. I called back numerous times the following week, and never got a response. The recruiting process has given me some red flags about this company.

Interview Questions
    • What do you think would be your biggest challenge as a home based reservations agent?   Answer Question

Personal Vacation Planner Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Carnival Corporation in September 2014.

Applied online September 5th. After completing online application link requested interview to be set up. Had first interview on Sept 9 via telephone with HR recruiter. Immediately set up for second interview via webcam for the following day with a Team Manager and then Hiring Manager. Received phone call Friday offering me the position and received link with all new hire documents.

Interview Questions
    • They want you to sell them a cruise via webcam. Point out the benefits. Other than that, pretty standard questions. Hiring manager was very thorough with job description and what is expected.   View Answer
    I did not negotiate. I was satisfied with the base salary and commission structure.

Personal Vacation Planner Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Carnival Corporation.

Totally disappointed, Online interview process took two hours including training and a mock call center. The answers to the mock customer are not even anything that a Customer Service Rep would ever say to a customer. Without even talking to a live person I was "not the ideal candidate" What a waste of my time that I could have used to find other employment.

Interview Questions
    • Training for a Mock Customer Call Center was a waste of time.   Answer Question

Reservation Sales Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL
    Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Carnival Corporation in May 2010.

The hiring process took about a month. A friend of mine referred me to Carnival, and after a month I was called at home for an interview. An Interview was about 20 minutes or so. I had to wait about an hour in the lobby to be called to be interview, and yes I was there on time.

Interview Questions
    • Back then the person who interview me was kind of laid back. A small office, she seemed more preoccupied with her paper work, and was asking random questions here and there. She was cool, and laid back. But out of touch with me and the interview. In the end I got the job.   Answer Question

Guest Logistics Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Long Beach, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Long Beach, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Carnival Corporation in August 2014.

Called and told me what I'll be doing and how much the pay and if I was interested then told me to bring my ssc and I.d. I then went in for an interview and was offered the job and signed papers the same day

Interview Questions
    • What made you want to work for carnival cruise and tell me about yourself   Answer Question
    None $9.00 an hour no medical benefits but there is cruise benefits