Carnival Corporation

Updated Oct 30, 2014
Updated Oct 30, 2014

2.4

Personal Vacation Planner Interview

They called and I had an interview over the phone. The questions were pretty basic, it felt like she was reading them out of a book. She scheduled my appointment for an in-person at the end of the call. The in-person took about 2.5 hours and the majority was spent listening to someone make sales calls. The actual interview was pretty basic as well.

Interview Questions
    • I can't remember any difficult questions. Like I said they were all pretty basic   Answer Question

Team Waiter Interview

I applied through a staffing agency – interviewed at Carnival Corporation.

It took like 2 years to get a job for Carnival cruise lines

Interview Questions
    • What is the name of that island?, ther are like 1,000 islands   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Carnival Corporation in May 2013.

HR Call , phone interview next day with Hiring Manager.

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Doral, FL

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Carnival Corporation.

I had to go through three interviews. You will meet HR, then your manager, and the Direct and the VP of the department. You will be tested for Excel skills even though we found out later that the test given was biased as we, power users, did not go over 75% of correct answers as it was possible to answer to commands only through the menu' and not the shortcuts or buttons.
    They will ask for paystubs from prior employer and tax returns to check on prior pay. Be ready, don't lie.

Interview Questions
    • Problem solved at pc with a real case analysis.   View Answer
    I could have done better in the beginning but I ended up ok. Do your homework on salary and negotiate.

Personal Vacation Planner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miramar, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miramar, FL

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Carnival Corporation in November 2012.

Applied online, had a phone interview, went in and talked to 2 managers. I got a call 3 days later offering me the position

Interview Questions
    • Wasn't a difficult interview. They want you to sell them something   Answer Question

Senior Accountant Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Carnival Corporation in October 2012.

Depends on the department. I had to get interviewed by 4 different people.

Interview Questions
    • Asked for more information on certain line items of resume.   View Answer
    I wasn't able to negotiate.

Guest Services Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Carnival Corporation in April 2012.

Be positive and come in with a smile. Make a personal connection with your interviewer and be prepared to discuss if you're a leader and why. Also take note of why you're interested in industry and how you initially became interested. Discuss your passion for service and and exceeding people's expectations. Do background research on current happenings online via the press releases,as you would for any other interview. Make the interview conversationally and not rigid...you set the tone. And most importantly, be yourself!

Interview Questions
    Salary was was really negotiable...as it was fixed for an entry level position. You can easily work yourself up though.

Revenue Management Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Doral, FL

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Carnival Corporation in November 2011.

I had to wait almost 2.5 months after I submitted my resume online to hear back from Carnival Cruise Lines. When a recruiter finally called, it was clear to me that she felt overwhelmed, but she was nice and after asking me some basic questions, she asked if I could attend a final interview at the company's headquarters the following week. On the day of the final interview, I was instructed to go to the HR department where a very tedious Excel test was administered. Then, I was taken to a conference room where I had four 30-45 minute interviews on a 1:1 basis with three different revenue managers and one senior analyst. None of the questions that were asked were difficult at all, but some of the managers were rather rude and would cut me short without letting me finish my answers. Overall, my perception of Carnival Cruise Lines changed after I was interviewed at the company's headquarters, as I was expecting Carnival to be a fun, yet highly professional corporation. However, most of the people I encountered did not seem to engage in hard work, did not hesitate to gossip about their colleagues in front of others, and had a very negative attitude that resembled that of an underachiever. I was happy that I did not get this job.

Interview Questions
    • What is your definition of revenue management?   Answer Question
    • If you cannot fill a ship when similar sailings of the same ship in the past did well, how would you go about solving this problem?   Answer Question

Entertainment Staff Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Carnival Corporation in October 2011.

Initial phone interview with recruiter, then group interview with Carnival manager followed by one on one with manager. Group interview was fun, they wanted to see how you interact with others and see your personality. Had to pay own way to city where interview was conducted. Received email offering the job the next day. Then had to get medical exam at own expense and wait over a month for approval from their Medical Dept. As soon as it was approved, I received my ship assignment immediately.

no negotiation. they have a set starting salary of $1400 a month

Senior Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Carnival Corporation in October 2011.

The hiring and interview process was very straightforward and quick. I did a phone pre-screening interview with HR and then I interviewed in person with several members of the team I will be working with. In the interview they asked me about my prior job experience and I had to do a business case to prove my analitycal skills

Interview Questions
    • What would you do if you think your supervisor is wrong and you want to convince him/her to change his/her mind?   Answer Question
    I considered they made me a good offer and I did not negotiate it