Carnival Corporation

Updated Feb 18, 2015
Updated Feb 18, 2015

2.4

Youth Counselor Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Carnival Corporation.

Interview was relaxed. Questions were about working with different age groups, different kids activities. Additional questions were about living onboard for long period of time without days off, and would I have difficulties sharing cabin with another person.

Crew Cabin Coordinator Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Carnival Corporation in April 2014.

This was the second position that I applied for at Carnival. The first was a home based reservations agent. The recruiter was very rude and abrupt during the phone interview. I still really wanted to work for this company so I applied for another position - crew cabin coordinator. The recruiter called me on a Friday afternoon. I called back a couple of hours later and left a message. I called back numerous times the following week, and never got a response. The recruiting process has given me some red flags about this company.

Interview Questions
    • What do you think would be your biggest challenge as a home based reservations agent?   Answer Question

Stuard Interview

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL
    Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Carnival Corporation in February 2014.

Same day interview. Average questions from most one on one interviews. Felt a little stressed about one on one but having a resume and going over it always helps. Was polite, attentive and smiling. Showing interest.

Personal Vacation Planner Interview

They called and I had an interview over the phone. The questions were pretty basic, it felt like she was reading them out of a book. She scheduled my appointment for an in-person at the end of the call. The in-person took about 2.5 hours and the majority was spent listening to someone make sales calls. The actual interview was pretty basic as well.

Interview Questions
    • I can't remember any difficult questions. Like I said they were all pretty basic   Answer Question

Team Waiter Interview

I applied through a staffing agency – interviewed at Carnival Corporation.

It took like 2 years to get a job for Carnival cruise lines

Interview Questions
    • What is the name of that island?, ther are like 1,000 islands   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Carnival Corporation in May 2013.

HR Call , phone interview next day with Hiring Manager.

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Doral, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Doral, FL

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Carnival Corporation.

I had to go through three interviews. You will meet HR, then your manager, and the Direct and the VP of the department. You will be tested for Excel skills even though we found out later that the test given was biased as we, power users, did not go over 75% of correct answers as it was possible to answer to commands only through the menu' and not the shortcuts or buttons.
    They will ask for paystubs from prior employer and tax returns to check on prior pay. Be ready, don't lie.

Interview Questions
    • Problem solved at pc with a real case analysis.   View Answer
    I could have done better in the beginning but I ended up ok. Do your homework on salary and negotiate.

Personal Vacation Planner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miramar, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miramar, FL

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Carnival Corporation in November 2012.

Applied online, had a phone interview, went in and talked to 2 managers. I got a call 3 days later offering me the position

Interview Questions
    • Wasn't a difficult interview. They want you to sell them something   Answer Question

Senior Accountant Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Carnival Corporation in October 2012.

Depends on the department. I had to get interviewed by 4 different people.

Interview Questions
    • Asked for more information on certain line items of resume.   View Answer
    I wasn't able to negotiate.

Guest Services Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Carnival Corporation in April 2012.

Be positive and come in with a smile. Make a personal connection with your interviewer and be prepared to discuss if you're a leader and why. Also take note of why you're interested in industry and how you initially became interested. Discuss your passion for service and and exceeding people's expectations. Do background research on current happenings online via the press releases,as you would for any other interview. Make the interview conversationally and not rigid...you set the tone. And most importantly, be yourself!

Interview Questions
    Salary was was really negotiable...as it was fixed for an entry level position. You can easily work yourself up though.