Carnival Corporation

Relevance Date Difficulty

Personal Vacation Planner Interview

Personal Vacation Planner

Interviewed at Carnival Corporation

Interview Details – They called and I had an interview over the phone. The questions were pretty basic, it felt like she was reading them out of a book. She scheduled my appointment for an in-person at the end of the call. The in-person took about 2.5 hours and the majority was spent listening to someone make sales calls. The actual interview was pretty basic as well.

Interview Question – I can't remember any difficult questions. Like I said they were all pretty basic   Answer Question

Senior Analyst Interview

Senior Analyst
Miami, FL

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Carnival Corporation in October 2011.

Interview Details – The hiring and interview process was very straightforward and quick. I did a phone pre-screening interview with HR and then I interviewed in person with several members of the team I will be working with. In the interview they asked me about my prior job experience and I had to do a business case to prove my analitycal skills

Interview Question – What would you do if you think your supervisor is wrong and you want to convince him/her to change his/her mind?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I considered they made me a good offer and I did not negotiate it

Team Waiter Interview

Team Waiter

I applied through a staffing agency and interviewed at Carnival Corporation.

Interview Details – It took like 2 years to get a job for Carnival cruise lines

Interview Question – What is the name of that island?, ther are like 1,000 islands   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Financial Analyst Interview

Financial Analyst
Miami, FL

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Carnival Corporation in January 2009.

Interview Details – very simple, HR person 1/2 hour. Directed me to the hiring Manager within the hour, interviewed with Director for another 1/2 hour. hinted me to make an offer but not right a way.

Interview Question – NONE, a walk in the park.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Director asked how much I wanted to make, and after I replied, she asked me why that amount, and I replied, because it is in the job market for the position. Then she replied that she was not going to low ball me.

Entertainment Staff Interview

Entertainment Staff
Atlanta, GA

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Carnival Corporation in October 2011.

Interview Details – Initial phone interview with recruiter, then group interview with Carnival manager followed by one on one with manager. Group interview was fun, they wanted to see how you interact with others and see your personality. Had to pay own way to city where interview was conducted. Received email offering the job the next day. Then had to get medical exam at own expense and wait over a month for approval from their Medical Dept. As soon as it was approved, I received my ship assignment immediately.

Negotiation Details – no negotiation. they have a set starting salary of $1400 a month

Analyst Interview

Analyst

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Carnival Corporation in May 2013.

Interview Details – HR Call , phone interview next day with Hiring Manager.

Interview Question – What stresses you?   Answer Question

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Senior Financial Analyst
Doral, FL

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Carnival Corporation.

Interview Details – I had to go through three interviews. You will meet HR, then your manager, and the Direct and the VP of the department. You will be tested for Excel skills even though we found out later that the test given was biased as we, power users, did not go over 75% of correct answers as it was possible to answer to commands only through the menu' and not the shortcuts or buttons.
They will ask for paystubs from prior employer and tax returns to check on prior pay. Be ready, don't lie.

Interview Question – Problem solved at pc with a real case analysis.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I could have done better in the beginning but I ended up ok. Do your homework on salary and negotiate.

Regional Sales Manager Interview

Regional Sales Manager
Northeast, NY

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Carnival Corporation in May 2010.

Interview Details – All resumes are prescreened by HR and then go through a series of interviews both internally and then with the hiring Director. Carnival tends to promote from within the company so most positions are recruited from within but exceptional candidates will always be considered especially if recommended by a current employee. Overall, interviews are normally an hour and focus on specific sales experience, number of years in either the specific territory or relevant experience. Most important characteristics are formal sales training, excellent communications skills for both agent training and consumer presentations as well as understanding of local advertising, competition in the market and overall cultural fit within the organization.

Interview Question – Describe in detail your largest sales success story including size of deal, process of closing deal, negotiation skills required, obstacles overcome and results that make this best deal   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Yes, able to negotiate for higher salary as well as more vacation time

Audio/Visual Videographer Interview

Audio/Visual Videographer
Pittsburgh, PA

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Carnival Corporation in January 2009.

Interview Details – The interview was held at a video conferencing center at what was then a Kinkos. I specifically asked them if I got time off when we visited ports. They said I usually would, but occasionally might have to tape a tour. They flat-out lied. Once I started working for them, I found out I NEVER got time off in port other than 8 hours in Tampa. Every port we visited required me to tape a tour, which was usually one of two tours. ANy company that lies to an prospective employee to trick them into taking a job they will hate is a shady company to work for.

Negotiation Details – No negotiation.

Very Easy Interview

Financial Analyst Interview

Financial Analyst
Miami, FL

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Carnival Corporation in February 2008.

Interview Details – Applied directly, job posted on careerbuilder, HR recruiter from Carnival called me for an interview, after a 15 minutes interview, basically about my previous work experience, she decided I was qualified to meet the hiring manager. She called her immediately, manager was not at her desk, so I gave the HR person my cell phone number and said she could reach anytime for the next interview. After leaving the building I got the call within 15 minutes and headed back for an interview with the hiring manager. After a 20 minute interview with the hiring manager, and just expressing my experience on the job, she asked me How much I wanted to make? I gave her a number and she said why, I replied because it was the average salry on the market, but I also told her I was willing to negotiate and basically hear an offer, she said, she wouldn't low ball me, and asked me one more question, whether I had other interviews lined up, to which I replied Yes indeed. So she handed me her business card and said I would hear from her soon. Surely did I got a call next morning form the HR person offering me the job.

Interview Question – Why Had I decided to quit my previous job?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Give an average of the salary expected but if you want the job make you sure you say that you are willing to negotiate.