Carnival Corporation Interview Questions

Updated Sep 16, 2014

2.4

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Miramar, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miramar, FL

I applied online. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Carnival Corporation in November 2012.

Applied online, had a phone interview, went in and talked to 2 managers. I got a call 3 days later offering me the position

Interview Questions
    • Wasn't a difficult interview. They want you to sell them something   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

I applied in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at Carnival Corporation in May 2010.

They brought you in as a group and assigned you to different vacation planners so you can see what it's like to work in that position-very good! Then brought each person in one by one to interview personally. Everything went great until the bad news for me- their schedule was fixed for new employees and could not be altered. I needed one night off a week, and they were very understanding but simply couldn't do it, which I understood.

Interview Questions

They wouldn't let me have off one evening that I needed a week...

Personal Vacation Planner Interview

They called and I had an interview over the phone. The questions were pretty basic, it felt like she was reading them out of a book. She scheduled my appointment for an in-person at the end of the call. The in-person took about 2.5 hours and the majority was spent listening to someone make sales calls. The actual interview was pretty basic as well.

Interview Questions
    • I can't remember any difficult questions. Like I said they were all pretty basic   Answer Question

Senior Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Carnival Corporation in October 2011.

The hiring and interview process was very straightforward and quick. I did a phone pre-screening interview with HR and then I interviewed in person with several members of the team I will be working with. In the interview they asked me about my prior job experience and I had to do a business case to prove my analitycal skills

Interview Questions
    • What would you do if you think your supervisor is wrong and you want to convince him/her to change his/her mind?   Answer Question
    I considered they made me a good offer and I did not negotiate it

Team Waiter Interview

I applied through a staffing agency - interviewed at Carnival Corporation.

It took like 2 years to get a job for Carnival cruise lines

Interview Questions
    • What is the name of that island?, ther are like 1,000 islands   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Carnival Corporation in January 2009.

very simple, HR person 1/2 hour. Directed me to the hiring Manager within the hour, interviewed with Director for another 1/2 hour. hinted me to make an offer but not right a way.

Interview Questions
    Director asked how much I wanted to make, and after I replied, she asked me why that amount, and I replied, because it is in the job market for the position. Then she replied that she was not going to low ball me.

Entertainment Staff Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied online. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Carnival Corporation in October 2011.

Initial phone interview with recruiter, then group interview with Carnival manager followed by one on one with manager. Group interview was fun, they wanted to see how you interact with others and see your personality. Had to pay own way to city where interview was conducted. Received email offering the job the next day. Then had to get medical exam at own expense and wait over a month for approval from their Medical Dept. As soon as it was approved, I received my ship assignment immediately.

no negotiation. they have a set starting salary of $1400 a month

Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Carnival Corporation in May 2013.

HR Call , phone interview next day with Hiring Manager.

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Doral, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Doral, FL

I applied online. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Carnival Corporation.

I had to go through three interviews. You will meet HR, then your manager, and the Direct and the VP of the department. You will be tested for Excel skills even though we found out later that the test given was biased as we, power users, did not go over 75% of correct answers as it was possible to answer to commands only through the menu' and not the shortcuts or buttons.
    They will ask for paystubs from prior employer and tax returns to check on prior pay. Be ready, don't lie.

Interview Questions
    • Problem solved at pc with a real case analysis.   View Answer
    I could have done better in the beginning but I ended up ok. Do your homework on salary and negotiate.

Regional Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Northeast, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Northeast, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Carnival Corporation in May 2010.

All resumes are prescreened by HR and then go through a series of interviews both internally and then with the hiring Director. Carnival tends to promote from within the company so most positions are recruited from within but exceptional candidates will always be considered especially if recommended by a current employee. Overall, interviews are normally an hour and focus on specific sales experience, number of years in either the specific territory or relevant experience. Most important characteristics are formal sales training, excellent communications skills for both agent training and consumer presentations as well as understanding of local advertising, competition in the market and overall cultural fit within the organization.

Interview Questions
    • Describe in detail your largest sales success story including size of deal, process of closing deal, negotiation skills required, obstacles overcome and results that make this best deal   Answer Question
    Yes, able to negotiate for higher salary as well as more vacation time