Carnival Corporation

2.4

Entertainment Staff Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Carnival Corporation in October 2011.

Initial phone interview with recruiter, then group interview with Carnival manager followed by one on one with manager. Group interview was fun, they wanted to see how you interact with others and see your personality. Had to pay own way to city where interview was conducted. Received email offering the job the next day. Then had to get medical exam at own expense and wait over a month for approval from their Medical Dept. As soon as it was approved, I received my ship assignment immediately.

no negotiation. they have a set starting salary of $1400 a month

Senior Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Carnival Corporation in October 2011.

The hiring and interview process was very straightforward and quick. I did a phone pre-screening interview with HR and then I interviewed in person with several members of the team I will be working with. In the interview they asked me about my prior job experience and I had to do a business case to prove my analitycal skills

Interview Questions
    • What would you do if you think your supervisor is wrong and you want to convince him/her to change his/her mind?   Answer Question
    I considered they made me a good offer and I did not negotiate it

Tax Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Doral, FL

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Carnival Corporation in August 2011.

After submitting my resume and applying through the carnival website, I received an e-mail asking for my availability for a 30 minute phone screen. The phone screen had to be put off for one day as the recruiting manager had a meeting. The next day, we spoke over the phone. The position required more technical skills than I had, so the phone screen was cut short as the recruiting manager proceeded to interview more capable potential employees.

Interview Questions
    • Are you proficient enough in Excel to create macros and use VLOOKUP logic?   Answer Question

Beverage Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Doral, FL

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Carnival Corporation in April 2011.

The recruiter was friendly, but had me waiting by the phone for the interview several times. She rescheduled the call twice while I was sitting by the phone waiting for the call, and it ended up being a whole day later than scheduled. The interview was short and simple. Basic Questions.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Carnival Corporation in February 2011.

I applied to this position through my school's career website. Then I was contacted to setup a phone interview.

I was asked a few basic questions:
     why are you interested in this company? what are some of your weaknesses? can you explain a couple things on your resume?

Then I was asked a few scenario questions:
    how would you go about raising profits from soda sales on a ship? if we were looking to renew a contract with coke what research would you take into account?

I thought the interviewer was friendly and was genuinely interested in what I had to say. I built a rapport with him through our interview and we had a little conversation about some topics. I got to ask him questions about some company procedures as well and the interviewer elaborated on his answers with stories, which was nice.

The next step in the process was an onsite interview. However, I was not contacted after my phone interview about the next step.
    HOwe

Interview Questions
    • How would you go about raising profits on soda sales on a cruise?   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Carnival Corporation in January 2011.

Routine questions regarding skills set.

Not able to negotiate.

Information Systems Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Carnival Corporation in October 2010.

I had good experence in starting there but changed after "hatchet men" were brought in to clean house.

They would not negotiate; it was a "take it or leave it" offer; Typical of their practice thoughout tenure there.

Group Reservations Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Carnival Corporation in June 2010.

I answered an advertisement in the newspaper for a hiring fair. I arrived along with a gazillion other people with resume in hand, varying levels of business professional dress code. Was given a quick interview by one of the managers on the call center floor, was asked why this was a good fit for me and give one instance when such and such happened and how did I deal/overcome. Then had an interview with the department head who reviewed resume and asked questions pertaining to previous employment. I was given job offer. Neither of those persons are still employed there as the company did MAJOR "changes" eg. fired a lot of people for whatever reason. Nice place to work but once you are on the phones, it is difficult to move to a different position especially if you take advantage of your vacation time, it counts against you.

Interview Questions
    • Name one situation in a previous job where you encountered a difficulty and how did you overcome it?   Answer Question
    No negotiation for that position.

Regional Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Northeast, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Northeast, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Carnival Corporation in May 2010.

All resumes are prescreened by HR and then go through a series of interviews both internally and then with the hiring Director. Carnival tends to promote from within the company so most positions are recruited from within but exceptional candidates will always be considered especially if recommended by a current employee. Overall, interviews are normally an hour and focus on specific sales experience, number of years in either the specific territory or relevant experience. Most important characteristics are formal sales training, excellent communications skills for both agent training and consumer presentations as well as understanding of local advertising, competition in the market and overall cultural fit within the organization.

Interview Questions
    • Describe in detail your largest sales success story including size of deal, process of closing deal, negotiation skills required, obstacles overcome and results that make this best deal   Answer Question
    Yes, able to negotiate for higher salary as well as more vacation time

Personal Vacation Planner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Carnival Corporation in May 2010.

They brought you in as a group and assigned you to different vacation planners so you can see what it's like to work in that position-very good! Then brought each person in one by one to interview personally. Everything went great until the bad news for me- their schedule was fixed for new employees and could not be altered. I needed one night off a week, and they were very understanding but simply couldn't do it, which I understood.

Interview Questions

They wouldn't let me have off one evening that I needed a week...