Carnival Corporation

Relevance Date Difficulty

Stuard Interview

Stuard
Miami, FL

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Carnival Corporation in February 2014.

Interview Details – Same day interview. Average questions from most one on one interviews. Felt a little stressed about one on one but having a resume and going over it always helps. Was polite, attentive and smiling. Showing interest.

Interview Question – Nothing difficult. All pretty basic.   Answer Question

Personal Vacation Planner Interview

Personal Vacation Planner
Miramar, FL

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Carnival Corporation in November 2012.

Interview Details – Applied online, had a phone interview, went in and talked to 2 managers. I got a call 3 days later offering me the position

Interview Question – Wasn't a difficult interview. They want you to sell them something   Answer Question

Personal Vacation Planner Interview

Personal Vacation Planner
Miami, FL

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Carnival Corporation in May 2010.

Interview Details – They brought you in as a group and assigned you to different vacation planners so you can see what it's like to work in that position-very good! Then brought each person in one by one to interview personally. Everything went great until the bad news for me- their schedule was fixed for new employees and could not be altered. I needed one night off a week, and they were very understanding but simply couldn't do it, which I understood.

Interview Question – Can you work nights?   View Answer

Reason for Declining – They wouldn't let me have off one evening that I needed a week...

Senior Analyst Interview

Senior Analyst
Miami, FL

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Carnival Corporation in October 2011.

Interview Details – The hiring and interview process was very straightforward and quick. I did a phone pre-screening interview with HR and then I interviewed in person with several members of the team I will be working with. In the interview they asked me about my prior job experience and I had to do a business case to prove my analitycal skills

Interview Question – What would you do if you think your supervisor is wrong and you want to convince him/her to change his/her mind?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I considered they made me a good offer and I did not negotiate it

Financial Analyst Interview

Financial Analyst
Miami, FL

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Carnival Corporation in January 2009.

Interview Details – very simple, HR person 1/2 hour. Directed me to the hiring Manager within the hour, interviewed with Director for another 1/2 hour. hinted me to make an offer but not right a way.

Interview Question – NONE, a walk in the park.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Director asked how much I wanted to make, and after I replied, she asked me why that amount, and I replied, because it is in the job market for the position. Then she replied that she was not going to low ball me.

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Senior Financial Analyst
Doral, FL

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Carnival Corporation.

Interview Details – I had to go through three interviews. You will meet HR, then your manager, and the Direct and the VP of the department. You will be tested for Excel skills even though we found out later that the test given was biased as we, power users, did not go over 75% of correct answers as it was possible to answer to commands only through the menu' and not the shortcuts or buttons.
They will ask for paystubs from prior employer and tax returns to check on prior pay. Be ready, don't lie.

Interview Question – Problem solved at pc with a real case analysis.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I could have done better in the beginning but I ended up ok. Do your homework on salary and negotiate.

Financial Analyst Interview

Financial Analyst
Miami, FL

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Carnival Corporation in February 2008.

Interview Details – Applied directly, job posted on careerbuilder, HR recruiter from Carnival called me for an interview, after a 15 minutes interview, basically about my previous work experience, she decided I was qualified to meet the hiring manager. She called her immediately, manager was not at her desk, so I gave the HR person my cell phone number and said she could reach anytime for the next interview. After leaving the building I got the call within 15 minutes and headed back for an interview with the hiring manager. After a 20 minute interview with the hiring manager, and just expressing my experience on the job, she asked me How much I wanted to make? I gave her a number and she said why, I replied because it was the average salry on the market, but I also told her I was willing to negotiate and basically hear an offer, she said, she wouldn't low ball me, and asked me one more question, whether I had other interviews lined up, to which I replied Yes indeed. So she handed me her business card and said I would hear from her soon. Surely did I got a call next morning form the HR person offering me the job.

Interview Question – Why Had I decided to quit my previous job?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Give an average of the salary expected but if you want the job make you sure you say that you are willing to negotiate.

Group Reservations Agent Interview

Group Reservations Agent
Miami, FL

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Carnival Corporation in June 2010.

Interview Details – I answered an advertisement in the newspaper for a hiring fair. I arrived along with a gazillion other people with resume in hand, varying levels of business professional dress code. Was given a quick interview by one of the managers on the call center floor, was asked why this was a good fit for me and give one instance when such and such happened and how did I deal/overcome. Then had an interview with the department head who reviewed resume and asked questions pertaining to previous employment. I was given job offer. Neither of those persons are still employed there as the company did MAJOR "changes" eg. fired a lot of people for whatever reason. Nice place to work but once you are on the phones, it is difficult to move to a different position especially if you take advantage of your vacation time, it counts against you.

Interview Question – Name one situation in a previous job where you encountered a difficulty and how did you overcome it?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation for that position.

Information Systems Interview

Information Systems
Miami, FL

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Carnival Corporation in October 2010.

Interview Details – I had good experence in starting there but changed after "hatchet men" were brought in to clean house.

Negotiation Details – They would not negotiate; it was a "take it or leave it" offer; Typical of their practice thoughout tenure there.

Guest Services Associate Interview

Guest Services Associate
Miami, FL

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Carnival Corporation in April 2012.

Interview Details – Be positive and come in with a smile. Make a personal connection with your interviewer and be prepared to discuss if you're a leader and why. Also take note of why you're interested in industry and how you initially became interested. Discuss your passion for service and and exceeding people's expectations. Do background research on current happenings online via the press releases,as you would for any other interview. Make the interview conversationally and not rigid...you set the tone. And most importantly, be yourself!

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – Salary was was really negotiable...as it was fixed for an entry level position. You can easily work yourself up though.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Carnival Corporation? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Carnival Corporation interview questions and advice in Miami-Fort Lauderdale, FL. All 18 interview reviews posted anonymously by Carnival Corporation employees and interview candidates.