Carnival Corporation Interview Questions in Miami-Fort Lauderdale, FL

2.4

20 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Personal Vacation Planner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Carnival Corporation in August 2014.

Went to an open house at Carnival headquarters and was given a number. When my group of numbers was called about 10 of us went into a room and we were asked to stand up and introduce ourselves everyone. Every spoke for about one minute and at the end of the interview they asked us to step out of the room. Out of my group of 10, two were chosen. Unfortunately I was not chosen.

Outbound Sales Representatives Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miramar, FL

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Carnival Corporation in July 2014.

There was an open house in which all of us watch a video that explains the job duties. After that you are called in groups of 10 and you have to introduce yourself and explain to two or three managers why you are the perfect fit. If you are one of the three selected, you will get an interview that same day.

Interview Questions
    • The only question was to explain why are you a perfect fit for the job   Answer Question

Stuard Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Carnival Corporation in February 2014.

Same day interview. Average questions from most one on one interviews. Felt a little stressed about one on one but having a resume and going over it always helps. Was polite, attentive and smiling. Showing interest.

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Doral, FL

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Carnival Corporation.

I had to go through three interviews. You will meet HR, then your manager, and the Direct and the VP of the department. You will be tested for Excel skills even though we found out later that the test given was biased as we, power users, did not go over 75% of correct answers as it was possible to answer to commands only through the menu' and not the shortcuts or buttons.
    They will ask for paystubs from prior employer and tax returns to check on prior pay. Be ready, don't lie.

Interview Questions
    • Problem solved at pc with a real case analysis.   View Answer
    I could have done better in the beginning but I ended up ok. Do your homework on salary and negotiate.

Personal Vacation Planner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miramar, FL

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Carnival Corporation in November 2012.

Applied online, had a phone interview, went in and talked to 2 managers. I got a call 3 days later offering me the position

Interview Questions
    • Wasn't a difficult interview. They want you to sell them something   Answer Question

Guest Services Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Carnival Corporation in April 2012.

Be positive and come in with a smile. Make a personal connection with your interviewer and be prepared to discuss if you're a leader and why. Also take note of why you're interested in industry and how you initially became interested. Discuss your passion for service and and exceeding people's expectations. Do background research on current happenings online via the press releases,as you would for any other interview. Make the interview conversationally and not rigid...you set the tone. And most importantly, be yourself!

Interview Questions
    Salary was was really negotiable...as it was fixed for an entry level position. You can easily work yourself up though.

Revenue Management Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Doral, FL

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Carnival Corporation in November 2011.

I had to wait almost 2.5 months after I submitted my resume online to hear back from Carnival Cruise Lines. When a recruiter finally called, it was clear to me that she felt overwhelmed, but she was nice and after asking me some basic questions, she asked if I could attend a final interview at the company's headquarters the following week. On the day of the final interview, I was instructed to go to the HR department where a very tedious Excel test was administered. Then, I was taken to a conference room where I had four 30-45 minute interviews on a 1:1 basis with three different revenue managers and one senior analyst. None of the questions that were asked were difficult at all, but some of the managers were rather rude and would cut me short without letting me finish my answers. Overall, my perception of Carnival Cruise Lines changed after I was interviewed at the company's headquarters, as I was expecting Carnival to be a fun, yet highly professional corporation. However, most of the people I encountered did not seem to engage in hard work, did not hesitate to gossip about their colleagues in front of others, and had a very negative attitude that resembled that of an underachiever. I was happy that I did not get this job.

Interview Questions
    • What is your definition of revenue management?   Answer Question
    • If you cannot fill a ship when similar sailings of the same ship in the past did well, how would you go about solving this problem?   Answer Question

Senior Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Carnival Corporation in October 2011.

The hiring and interview process was very straightforward and quick. I did a phone pre-screening interview with HR and then I interviewed in person with several members of the team I will be working with. In the interview they asked me about my prior job experience and I had to do a business case to prove my analitycal skills

Interview Questions
    • What would you do if you think your supervisor is wrong and you want to convince him/her to change his/her mind?   Answer Question
    I considered they made me a good offer and I did not negotiate it

Tax Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Doral, FL

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Carnival Corporation in August 2011.

After submitting my resume and applying through the carnival website, I received an e-mail asking for my availability for a 30 minute phone screen. The phone screen had to be put off for one day as the recruiting manager had a meeting. The next day, we spoke over the phone. The position required more technical skills than I had, so the phone screen was cut short as the recruiting manager proceeded to interview more capable potential employees.

Interview Questions
    • Are you proficient enough in Excel to create macros and use VLOOKUP logic?   Answer Question

Beverage Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Doral, FL

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Carnival Corporation in April 2011.

The recruiter was friendly, but had me waiting by the phone for the interview several times. She rescheduled the call twice while I was sitting by the phone waiting for the call, and it ended up being a whole day later than scheduled. The interview was short and simple. Basic Questions.