Carnival Corporation Personal Vacation Planner Interview Questions

Updated Aug 25, 2014

2.5

7 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Personal Vacation Planner Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Carnival Corporation.

Totally disappointed, Online interview process took two hours including training and a mock call center. The answers to the mock customer are not even anything that a Customer Service Rep would ever say to a customer. Without even talking to a live person I was "not the ideal candidate" What a waste of my time that I could have used to find other employment.

Interview Questions
  • Training for a Mock Customer Call Center was a waste of time.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Carnival Corporation

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Miami, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

I applied in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at Carnival Corporation in August 2014.

Went to an open house at Carnival headquarters and was given a number. When my group of numbers was called about 10 of us went into a room and we were asked to stand up and introduce ourselves everyone. Every spoke for about one minute and at the end of the interview they asked us to step out of the room. Out of my group of 10, two were chosen. Unfortunately I was not chosen.

Personal Vacation Planner Interview

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Carnival Corporation.

Submitted resume, called for initial interview within 24 hours. Quite a lengthy interview for a screening type interview. Roughly 45 minutes, but a pleasant interview. I felt it was quite thorough and easy to talk to the interviewer.

Interview Questions
    • Not so much a question, as a constant feeling that the interviewer was not sold on the job. It was apparent from the job posting that the job entails a commitment to ourbound calling to make the contacts for sales. I supposed they have people apply that do not grasp all that commitment entails, but I felt the interviewer herself felt it would not be an enjoyable job.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Miramar, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miramar, FL

I applied online. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Carnival Corporation in November 2012.

Applied online, had a phone interview, went in and talked to 2 managers. I got a call 3 days later offering me the position

Interview Questions
    • Wasn't a difficult interview. They want you to sell them something   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Miami, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

I applied in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at Carnival Corporation in May 2010.

They brought you in as a group and assigned you to different vacation planners so you can see what it's like to work in that position-very good! Then brought each person in one by one to interview personally. Everything went great until the bad news for me- their schedule was fixed for new employees and could not be altered. I needed one night off a week, and they were very understanding but simply couldn't do it, which I understood.

Interview Questions

They wouldn't let me have off one evening that I needed a week...

Personal Vacation Planner Interview

They called and I had an interview over the phone. The questions were pretty basic, it felt like she was reading them out of a book. She scheduled my appointment for an in-person at the end of the call. The in-person took about 2.5 hours and the majority was spent listening to someone make sales calls. The actual interview was pretty basic as well.

Interview Questions
    • I can't remember any difficult questions. Like I said they were all pretty basic   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Miramar, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miramar, FL

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Carnival Corporation in February 2009.

Submitted my resume through a friend who was working there and received a phone call to schedule an interview about a week later. When I came in the interview lasted about 45 minutes, where I was asked to talk about myself, and how I would handle certain situations like how I would make a suggestion to someone unsure of what decision to make.

Interview Questions
    • What do you think you will be bringing to the table as an employee of this company?   Answer Question
    • If a customer was having a hard time making a decision on a product, what questions would you ask in order to help that person make a choice? (Something to that effect)   Answer Question
    I was presented with an offer that I was satisfied with. No negotiation needed on my part.

Worked for Carnival Corporation? Contribute to the Community!