Carol H. Williams Advertising

Relevance Date Difficulty

Human Resources Manager Interview

Human Resources Manager
Oakland, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Carol H. Williams Advertising.

Interview Details – Was with the then head of administration, finance, creative directors and then the CEO.

Interview Question – How do you feel about businesses that hire to provide opportunities, no matter the relationship of the person. Family, non-family, race, gender, whatever.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I asked for going market comp and negotiated vacation; my references proved that I was worth it and was offered the job. I'm not sorry I took the job.

Very Easy Interview

Project Manager Interview

Project Manager
Chicago, IL

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Carol H. Williams Advertising in October 2011.

Interview Details – Very simple. They just wanted to know my availability and rate.

Interview Question – What is your availability?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – We agreed on a rate and in mid-stream of he project, they wanted to lower my rate.

Account Manager Interview

Account Manager

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Carol H. Williams Advertising in October 2011.

Interview Details – Initially did two phone interviews. Two weeks later they flew me to Chicago for a series of interviews ( 5 of them). Complete Chaos. They booked my flight to 30 mins before first interview. 5 interviews were one after the other. No break inbetween, no lunch nothing. They had also booked return flight for 60 mins after final interview. Very very unorganized, they even emailed the itinary of the other other candidate by accident. (oups).Interview questions were pretty standard.

Interview Question – Standard Interview question. Tell me about yourself....   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – During negotiation process they really showed how unorganized they are. Took them 10 days to send me an initial offer, after they had told me I was there primary candidate. I have seen better contracts written by freshman business students. Counter offer took another 7 days. The salary they offered was really really low for a managerial position. Bonus structure non existant. (company disrection.. yeah right)

Worked for Carol H. Williams Advertising? Contribute to the Community!