Carpenter Technology Interview Questions

Updated May 14, 2015

2.8

Operations Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reading, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Carpenter Technology (Reading, PA) in February 2015.

Interview

Interview process was fairly straightforward. It was a a mix of about 5-6 people all within a 3-4 hour period. Everyone was very professional and it was a relaxed environment.

Interview Questions

• The usual, what made you choose us, previous employment, strengths and weaknesses.   1 Answer

Co-Op Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reading, PA

Interview

applied through school system, and heard a response promptly. Interacted first with company HR, then later interviewed with engineering. was a positive experience. After being hired, received a letter that adjusted my wage to reflect the average wage of comparable jobs in the area, which increased the initial offer. The process was smooth throughout with good correspondence.

Remelt Supervisor Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Carpenter Technology.

Interview

Fast Interviewing and slow decision making still waiting for them to make decision and its been over forty five days. They do have a history of doing this I think as well. Communication is very sketchy through out the entire process.

Interview Questions

• Describe yourself during a incedent at workl.   1 Answer

Order Fulfillment Coordinator Interview

Interview

phone interview followed by in-house interview. pretty basic questions.

Process Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Carpenter Technology (Washington, PA).

Interview

I interviewed in Washington, PA. and it was very stress free. Only had to go down once and they interviewed me in teams - took about two hours. Then took me on a plant tour and everybody from the engineer giving me the tour to the machine operators were very friendly and informative. They called me in a few days and made me an offer.

Interview Questions

• None really. Kind of rural setting with a rural workforce so there were no "how can you contribute to our synergy" nonsense.Asked me if I hunted or fished.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Very smooth - no issues

Manufacturing Engineer II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hartsville, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Carpenter Technology (Hartsville, SC) in June 2012.

Interview

Just like another person who commented, I applied for a position and was contacted by HR with the suggestion of applying for a different position; the position I was hired for. The management was very timely in getting back to me. I had an initial phone interview with someone from corporate HR, then I was contacted by the hiring manager and the HR manager who gave me a phone interview. A week later I was flown out for an in person interview. The interview consisted of 45 min of technical questions with the rest of the time spent seeing the surrounding area, a plant tour and meeting the other members of the management team. The interview felt more as an inquiry to my compatibility with the company rather than my technical ability as my skills were demonstrated by my resume. Nonetheless, it was still a challenging interview. Overall a very enjoyable experience.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here and what qualifications do you have that will enable you to fit in well here?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Negotiation was flexible. They paid for relocation and temporary living expenses so a permanent residence could be obtained. Salary was very competitive.

R&D Modeling Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Reading, PA

Application

The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Carpenter Technology (Reading, PA) in February 2012.

Interview

Very well organized process interview.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to leave your current job?   1 Answer

Process Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woonsocket, RI

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Carpenter Technology (Woonsocket, RI) in May 2011.

Interview

The company is very prompt and very honest in communications with potential candidates they will not lead you on if they do not have a position. All details money hours and otherwise are very upfront. It is more than anything a long process, but if you do interview in person the interviewer will be upfront with you.

Interview Questions

• The interview was very consistent throughout basically consisting of questions regarding previous work experience.   1 Answer

Negotiation

This is not a company that negotiates for the most part. This job is very unique, and previous experience is not something that is usually had by candidates, however, experience in meals processes or welding may be grounds or being able to negotiate a higher salary benefits are not negotiable, but very generous.

Information Technology Interview

Anonymous Employee in Reading, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Carpenter Technology (Reading, PA) in November 2009.

Interview

2 phone interviews and then a presentation at a group of people followed by several 1:1 interviews

Manufacturing Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bridgeville, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Carpenter Technology (Bridgeville, PA) in May 2007.

Interview

I orgininally applied for a different job within the same company through Monster.com. I was sent an email from HR informing me that they felt my skills would be better suited for the job I ultimately applied for. I had a phone interview with the manager of manufacturing. During that interview I found out more about the company as well as the main responsibilities of the job. I was then asked questions about what I expected out of the job and my 5 and 10yr plans. The whole interview was informal and seemed more like a friendly phone call. At that point I was asked if I would like to come down and interview. They set up the interview approximately 1 week from the phone interview. They paid travel expenses for the interview. Once at the facility I interviewed with both the manager of manufacturing as well as the general manager of the facility. This interview consisted of a presentation about the manufacturing process employed at the facility. It also consisted of questions relating to work and classroom experience. The classic "tell me about a project that you've worked on and are proud of" as well as "do you like working with your hands?" and "do you mind getting dirty or working directly with guys on the floor?" It felt like they were trying to gauge how I would fit in with the shop atmosphere. I also went on a tour of the facility and was allowed to ask questions while on the tour. The interview took 4hrs and I left feeling like I impressed both managers. The only advice I would offer is to be confident and when you leave make sure to either get a business card or some other way of contacting those you interviewed with.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about this project you've listed on your resume.   1 Answer
    • Where do you see yourself in 5, 10 years?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Comming right out of school I didn't have much leverage, however it took them about 3 weeks to contact me to offer me a job. I was able to secure relocation reimbursement and temporary housing. The offer was the best that I received.